AMD Catalyst 13.3 BETA 3 (12.100.17.0 March 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 19, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COOPOD

COOPOD Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ X 3GB
    Logitech gaming software 8.45.83 not working, application crash.

2. Luke7

Luke7 Guest

GPU:
    4 GB
    This is typical AMD, solve 1 problem and create 10 new issues.
    IE10 also crash a lot with the 13.3 beta2 and beta3.

3. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I was getting "AMD has stopped working" on Chrome randomly, however it seems to have stopped by disbaling Chrome's internal Flash plugin "PepperFlash".

Guide is here: http://newtriks.com/2012/12/01/how-to-disable-the-chrome-pepper-flash-player/

Also, does anyone else get the problem when Uninstalling previous drivers the image goes blank and doesn't recover. I need to go onto my Intel GPU for it to work.

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    wtf is this **** with LGS, come on, mine works since forever here with windows 8 x64 not a single problem:)

6. PCTECHTRONICS

PCTECHTRONICS Banned

GPU:
    XFX 7970 H20
    Driver works good here. The CCC is more responsive when opened. No crashing or errors.. Never had them to begin with.Sound bug is still there with HDMI and low clock causing intermittent stutter . Another problem I have had sense I got this card is the CCC turns black when adjusting the video settings. I have got used to it though.

7. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Yes I get this too with many driver versions... I simply scroll the window and the black corruption goes away.

8. darkshadow5k5

darkshadow5k5 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC

What.The.Hell.

Is nobody reading? wth is your problem?
    I never said anything about having problems or my machine being unsuitable for gaming, I simply asked if amd is still making drivers for xp since the last one is still 13.1....god you guys fail at reading comprehension.

And please keep your (dumb) opinions to yourself about what's "retarded" or not, I guess game developers should stop playing games on the machines they make them with :eyes:.

Thanks, seems you (and Offler2) are one of the few people on here that actually read what I asked, I guess I'll have to wait for the next WHQL in the event that I actually need a new driver.

Thanks again.

9. BoSL

BoSL Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX1060 6GB OC
    I haven´t had a hitch with these drivers in Win 8 X64 and my trusty ol´ 5770!

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it crashes all the time anyway, you dont need bad drivers for that

lol

But seriously, i have no problems with LGS on 13.3 beta3.

are you sure you put beta3 on and not beta2 by accident?

if not, perhaps the busted OGL from beta2 didnt get cleared out correctly, use ATIMan uninstaller and try again. It should work fine.

if this doesnt work, reinstall LGS and make sure you install as administrator.

11. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Upgrading would take too long? Umm what?

I personally would not move that specific machine to 7 or 8, but I would recommend building a new system.

Even if you think that your current system is "fast enough", it really isn't, especially if it is your workstation.

And yes, I still have an old Q6600 setup running at 3.0Ghz that my wife uses. It is abysmally slow for doing stuff like photo editing, etc.

Once you upgrade, you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

12. darkshadow5k5

darkshadow5k5 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    Yes upgrading would take too long, really strange that different people have different things they need to setup and have fully functional :eyes:

I love that you are recommending me to build a new system...I guess me saying that this system will never be upgraded wasn't a big enough tell...

And no my system isn't abysmally slow for my work, I have an i7-3930k to work with when I'm on location, and it's only really faster when testing/gaming.

And yes if I could've built a new machine recently I obviously would've done so...

I don't even know where all these weird replies are coming from, all I asked for if amd stopped making drivers for XP, and all I get are these weird ass condescending/recommendation posts.

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I do not believe many people use IExplorer anymore..maybe 5% of overall windows users..lol maybe get out of the cave.? :banana: :bang: :stewpid:

14. Luke7

Luke7 Guest

GPU:
    4 GB
    Is this all you can come up with?
    No way, I will ever use firefox or Chrome

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no way will i ever use ie...

so there...

lol

16. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    What is your reasoning for this? They a proven to be much faster and easier to use than IE. Not trying to spark an argument, just trying to hear a reason.

17. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Was just trying to keep you from falling into the crowd that tends to insist that the machine they bought/built 10+ years ago is just fine and think that it is slow because they have a virus or need a clean install.

I do development on my main rig and could not fathom going back to a Q6600, even at 3.8Ghz, to do work on.

In any case, yeah XP is not going to get near as much attention as the newer OSes. Once actual updates are not being released for XP any more, hardware vendors are going to drop it like a rock.

That support is going to end in April of next year.

As a game developer, you are going to be limited to testing in DX9 on Win XP anyway... that is if you even use DX. That in and of itself kind of surprises me as I would think you would definitely want DX10/11 support as DX10/11 can do the same stuff with less resources as well as a even more stuff than DX9.

18. darkshadow5k5

darkshadow5k5 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    Well ok, maybe my reply was a bit too negative, I was just getting tired of the replies I was getting :)

I don't necessarily need to test features on my home rig so that's not an issue, I'm only building stuff here.

And yes I've been planning to build a new system somewhere later this year, xp has served me well for as long as it has, but if I could've moved on earlier I would've already.

19. Luke7

Luke7 Guest

GPU:
    4 GB
    I am just a fan of IE that's it. and I don't want to have 2-3 different programs installed, that are made for the same use/stuff.
    And about the speed, IE 10 is pretty fast on my system.
    Also, I never came up with stupid or condescending comment about others browser choice.
    I know by experience when AMD first breakes something with there drivers, it can take months before they fix it. A good example is the HW issue with firefox, that some says is fixed now.

20. StimpyGoblin

StimpyGoblin Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD7950 CF
    I have no problems whatsoever with these latest betas ...
    Not 1 crash ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.