G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    i dont recall anything degrading in oblivion...

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Well i can assurre you that they do.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It was bugged in the release version and for a fair few number of patches after, nothing degraded, it's fixed now though.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This is the thing with bethesda/obsidian games of this type i always wait for especially for the overhaul mods to arrive to fix many issues with these type of games.

I waited for the overhaul mods/unofficial patches to appear for all these games after Morrowind including skyrim.

I think off top of my head it was the OOO overhaul that fixed oblivion.

Thing is with oblivion even with mods the landscape just felt empty for me, Morrowind was a much better game i thought.

5. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    ^ I liked Francesco's better, but OOO was good --- Martigen's Monster Mod was fun too... once I had a rig that could handle all the extra spawns as well as my army of Companions that I enlisted. :nerd:

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Anybody know wtf is up with this crash log ?
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:28PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:28PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:28PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 768000 (max total)
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:29PM] Cannot open store for class "dlc1scwispwallscript", missing file?
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:29PM] Cannot open store for class "DLC2BenthicLurkerFXSCRIPT", missing file?
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:30PM] Cannot open store for class "zbloodnpc", missing file?
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:30PM] Cannot open store for class "zbloodnpccreatures", missing file?
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:30PM] Cannot open store for class "zbloodaliasnpc", missing file?
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:30PM] Cannot open store for class "zbloodaliasnpcremove", missing file?
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:30PM] Cannot open store for class "zbloodnpcbleed", missing file?
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:30PM] Cannot open store for class "zbloodnpcquestupdatescript", missing file?
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:35PM] VM is freezing...
    [03/17/2013 - 03:18:35PM] VM is frozen

just running around outside around white run and once i hit a new grid it crashes. seems to be related to high rez blood textures mod

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't have a lot of unofficial mods installed for Skyrim, only the HD texture pack fixes and patches but I'm confused over what order they're supposed to be in.

This is what the launcher's Data Files currently shows:

HighResTexturePack01.esp
    HighResTexturePack02.esp
    Portal2Mod.esp
    Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    Dawnguard.esm
    Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
    HearthFires.esm
    Unofficial HearthFires.esp
    Dragonborn.esm
    Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
    HighResTexturePack03.esp
    HighResTexturePackFix.esp
    Unofficial High Resolution Texture Patch.esp

Is that order OK/correct? Does the game load them in top to bottom order or vice versa?

Also, all the mods are subscribed from the Steam Workshop not installed manually so I presume they will all be up to date? For example, I noticed that the Unofficial Skyrim Patch has been updated to v1.1 for the newer builds but how do I know that I definitely have v1.1?

Thanks.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Mods loaded at the bottom overwrite any possible "conflicts" from mods loaded earlier. :)

BOSS is recommended for sorting load order but if there's only a few mods it can be done manually as well.
    ( http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1450569-relz-boss-for-skyrim/ )

(Skyrim.esm)
    (Update.esm)
    Dawnguard.esm
    HearthFires.esm
    Dragonborn.esm
    HighResTexturePack01.esp
    HighResTexturePack02.esp
    HighResTexturePack03.esp
    Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
    Unofficial HearthFires.esp
    Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
    Unofficial High Resolution Texture Patch.esp
    Portal2Mod.esp (This is the official "Portal" crossover mod is it not?)
    HighResTexturePackFix.esp (Unsure what this is, you should only need the unofficial patch as of the latest 1.1.1 release of that mod.)

(Also make sure the other unofficial patch mods are up to date to work properly with the 1.9 patch, they were all updated a few days ago.)

(ESM files also always loads before ESP files.)

EDIT:
    The DLC patches should be OK but the unofficial Skyrim patch is just at the 100 MB limit Steam has and might be removed from there (If I understood correctly.) if the limit is not increased so you might want to check Nexus or other places to make sure it's updated, it's pretty important for it to work as intended with the latest patch, actually it's really important.
    (The official forums I linked to is pretty good.)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This game amazes me.

I had over 200 mods running with lots fo HD mods running sweet but it was killing my vram so i decided to reinstall from fresh.

Getting popup textures mainly rocks and in the helgen dungeon where you fight the torturers (depending on what side you choose) the doors of the cages where the dead mage is pop on to the frame once im in the room,its like there is a delay in drawing some textures, Anybody know how to fix?

It also happens on the start of the bridge in Windhelm. Still mostly rocks I've heard it said it could be running out of virtual memory, but when I play without any mods it still does this, Does anybody know of a fix?

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Didnt the game just release a patch ? perhaps it did more wrong then good ?

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for that info, Jonas.

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    any pic of the issue? my cfg might fix the issue

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I found out what it was.....all of the ini tweaks have to be done from Mod Organiser otherwise they dont work even if you go into the ini folder in C:\Users\My\Documents\My Games\Skyrim and tweak them there.

I advise anybody who is doing a fresh install to use MO and not NMM as MO is far superior nowadays especially for Skyproc patches and general installation.

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    i find installing stuff manually is just easier

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I used to do that at one time then i moved to NMM now MO is great.

It doesnt actually alter your Skyrim install file whatsoever it installs all mods to a separate folder.

This is great for keeping a clean skyrim folder and you can also have multiple profiles of mods at the flick of a switch.

Also the Skyproc patches and ReProccer are great using jar. all from and easy accessible menu.

Skyproc is the way forward for Skyrim patching, Its a milestone achievement in merging mods and making them work just like Wrye bash was which is still good for creating the Bash patch.

I also use BOSS & TES5EDIT to make sure the load order is correct using BOSS and by using TES5EDIT i can clean dirty mods and make sure there is no conflictions.

I can also run over the 255 mod max limit with an ini. tweak and make the game fully stable for hours with no crashes at all.

With a manual installation of copy and pasting its impossible to get all the mods running correctly as they overwrite each other, also certain mods will be dirty and need cleaning which TES5EDIT flags up.

Without following these procedures you are much more prone to game instability and CTD as well as mods not working correctly.

By following these procedures you can get the best possible skyrim experience.

Take alook.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cU4N1karGc

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Anyone having any problems with riding Miraaks dragon? Everytime I board him Im sat in mid air as if riding it but stay in the same place!?

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Climates of Greyscale :S

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Any example of overhaul mod please?

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Try running STEP along with SKyre thats what im doing.