Halo 3 PC?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Couldn't agree more. When you see the jump from Halo 3 to 4 in terms of graphics and gameplay Halo 3 pales into insignificance.

2. Shabaco

Shabaco Guest

GPU:
    -
    if halo 3 wasn't coming to pc, why would the latest catalyst drivers list the game in the files?

makes no sense.

saying it isn't over and over just makes them sound stupid. don't see the point of keeping it a secret...

3. Triton

Triton Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970
    IMO the first three Halo games all had amazing maps, though they were certainly weaker in the first game.

Halo 4's campaign is great, but honestly 343 has no idea what they're doing with pretty much everything else. Playlist management is awful, the GUI looks like they designed it for a tablet rather than Xbox, none of the maps really stand out and don't even get me started on gameplay mechanics or absurd decisions like removing assault. I could go on for quite awhile, unfortunately.

There is a reason Halo 2 and Halo 3 had much stronger online populations... so many people were turned off by the poor changes made in Reach and even more were turned off by Halo 4. Halo is barely Halo anymore.

I apologize if I'm coming off as a dick or elitist or whatever, I'm not trying to be. I'm just passionate about Halo and as someone who has poured thousands upon thousands of hours into playing multiplayer it just frustrates me to see it go downhill like this.

4. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I have Halo 2 for the PC. I ran it on Vista and it was horrible..especially controlling the Wart Hog. It was obviously a console port. I never played it again so I don't know if it would work on Windows 7 (which I currently have amongst others).

There were some other things I didn't like about the game that had nothing to do with the nuts and bolts. They used different voices for the little grunt enemies which always had me laughing in "Combat Evolved". In Halo 2 they sound like a bunch of juveniles making you want to smack 'em upside the head.

The other thing I never got about the whole Halo series (after the first one). What happened to having the story continue on other Halo ringworlds? I mean that's where the game takes its name from so what happened? What happened to the little cube guy (343 Guilty Spark)?

I like Combat Evolved...the rest of the franchise never surpassed the original in my opinion.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The first Halo on PC was great, I can still remember how fascinated I was drving that buggy with it's physics. I'm not excited in the least for this though, not after Halo 2, and I wouldn't be surprised either if they added another x OS requirment to play this in hope that they will get more people to buy the "new" and ****ty Windows.

6. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    I wouldn't be surprise if they announced the Halo series for the PC after the announce their new console.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And that's the only part of any game I care about. Any game.

The single player campaign is all I play and all I care about. I never touch MP in any title I've bought.
    So, for me, Bungie's HALO games are meh to awful. While 343's entry is beyond awesome.

8. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Personally I think you're missing out not playing multiplayer. I am the opposite and really only buy games for the multiplayer content, but we all like different things..

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm not though.
    I've tried MP... several times in the past. It's not fun. I get bored extremely quickly. Without a story or characters... I feel no need to try and loose interest rather quickly.

To me, MP never factors in when buying a game.
    I know I'm mostly alone in that, but it's how I view things.

10. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Trust me - you're not alone!

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Dude if halo 3 came to pc, I would be on top of that in a heart beat!

12. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    That's fair enough and I'm sure you're not alone.

I just enjoy competing against real human opposition as it gives me more of a thrill.

13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I'm with you on that, since Quake 1 I have been a 99% multiplayer gamer.

Story, characters and that god awful movie cinematic experiance with on rails bs makes my blood boil. I want to shoot and jump around like a lunatic wasting everything in my path.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I can no longer use my Halo 2 because you can't activate it after a certain number of times, plus I've upgraded from Vista, then 7, then 8, in the time since it was released.. Somewhere along the way Microsoft decided I no longer own the game I bought.

The joys of Games for Windows Live.

If Halo 3 ever comes to the PC, it must not have Games for Windows live or I am simply not even going to look at it.

Games for Windows Live is a complete waste of time for gaming on PC.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well, the AoE games on steam don't have the GFWL virus so it's reasonable to assume it won't on the Halo games as well. Your example is why I never purchase games which have so much drama with activation.

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Something dubbed "Halo Bootcamp" has appeared on none other than the Korean Game Rating Board...

http://www.grb.or.kr/Statistics/Pop...bd4a8ed9742dbcecd98f227eaeaf17ed258610ac557e8

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    A Microsoft rep has since issued the following statement...

Halo Live F2P developed by Microsoft Korea for PC then?

18. Tombz

Tombz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 590
    Whoa, Halo 3 for PC? That's awesome. It's a shame my 360 up and died, else I'd still be playing it to this day. Can't wait.

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    *Bump*

Halo 2 & 3 appear as official Steam Groups...

[​IMG]

With Spartan Assault releasing on Steam my guess is some of the Halo related announcements at E3 will be concerning yet more Halo PC games.

20. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I wish they would port Halo 4 on PC rather the 3.
    Those games look awful, Halo 4 actually has the potential to look magnificent on PC with the original assets and graphical effects.

**** you Xbox.