Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    I did briefly play CQ on a mates PS3 and liked the look of them. Not sure I'm going to like Armored Kill much as from what I know these are mainly vehicle maps? I'm never that deadly with vehicles so i might struggle on these maps..

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Finally played End Game! Got to admit its quite fun!

3. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Anyone here a more infantry based player? I personally hated Armoured Kill and most of the large flat maps (like Wake, Caspian, Firestorm).

4. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING

I play mostly as inf... I do like the armoured kill maps though cos there's a few nice spots for some inf firefights...Armoured Shield mainly around the flags the farmhouse buildings...the beach houses in Bandar are good for some inf fun... Alborz can feel tiring running up and down those mountains.. :p

Still love playing inf on Sharqi the most...(except when the choppa whores arrive)...and Karkand is still fun.. not played much of AM or EG yet..but a couple of the AM maps seem interesting.

5. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    I haven't touched EG yet because it keeps updating! (the 6GB patch + the 4GB one) My SSD is absolutely full from just BF3... its like what... 32GB?

I just think the AK maps and everything are very... boring... I can drive a tank around but everyone is so spread out! The infantry action is quite lacking too. My favourite maps are still Conquest Bazaar and Talah Market (AM). Unfortunately since most of the infantry servers are gone, I'm stuck with mostly playing Metro to find some good shooting action that doesn't involve getting shot by snipers camping on top of buildings in the AM maps (which most servers moved to it seems).

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    My BF3 folder is 19.9GB

But that is just BF3 + B2K

*edit*

The last couple of Nvidia drivers haven't been so good for me, the 310.70's Stuttery.. 314.07's Same, Stuttery.. I remembered having really smooth gameplay last year, so I went and got an older driver.. 301.42 WHQL.. Smooth Gameplay, completely better than the new drivers for BF3.

WhutTheFudge..

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  7. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    I'm going to try out 301.42 and compare to what I'm getting now as I too am getting some stuttering gameplay.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    My folder is 36,0 gb, all maps, whole game.

9. wasd

wasd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 1GB
    34.2GB Battlefield with all DLC and updated

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Report back with your findings please.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    same here

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    yeah, ok, i have bought rus version and still have those lang files there ;) i also have additional de files but using only en files.

Now its 34,2 gb aswell :D

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I found out something interesting about BattleLog, the website is using two third party trackers/advertisers, they are integrated into the website and blocking them will make BattleLog function incorrectly.

"d.xp1.ru4.com" and "adsrv.ea.com"

I use the MVPS Hostfile for blocking Unwanted trackers and advertisers, found here >> http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

So... I have been unable to use BattleLog correctly for about 4 months now, I went through the code of BatteLog and found the two above addresses being blocked, then searched them in the MVPS Hostfile, found both, removed them from the Hostfile, and BattleLog functions correctly again.

I emailed the winhelp2002 website about their MVPS Hostfile and they confirmed that those two things are trackers/advertisers.

Yay~ Thanks EA~

Again....

ಠ_ಠ

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  15. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    AEK-197 Rifle + Forgrip + Flash Suppressor + Cobra (RDS)

That setup is frikking insane... My goodness it's like a damn laser cannon..

Post your Weapon setups and why k go.

17. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I use everything and switch weapons every 3 or 4 spawns. Grip and laser is almost always equipped. I use the map a lot and aggressively seek the orange. The grip penalty is moot at the closer distances that I usually hit people at. Rarely use the suppressors, flashlight, flash supp or barrel.

Only the pp19 and ak74 have more than 1k score, not because I like those the most, just worked out that way.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  18. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Engineer: MTAR with heavy barrel and reflex sight. The MTAR destoys in close and medium range, you'll outgun most assault people. Though it's not that great at long range, and has a long reload time.

Assault: M416 with heavy barrel and reflex sight. This thing is very accurate at long range, might not be that effective if you play normal, but on hardcore you can kill almost anyone you see no matter what the range is

Support: M27 IAR with heavy barrel, reflex sight, and bipod. Basically it's like the M416, maybe not quite as effective in close combat as the M416 but with the bipod you can engage targets from very far away

Recon: M98B. It's simply the most powerfull sniper rifle. Using the PK-a 3.4 scope cause I don't want the lense glare to give me away.
    Also I use the crossbow for this class cause it's the only class where it's more usefull than the special item (in this case the MAV and TUGS)

I use the REX as sidearm to all classes, cause it's so powerfull and has such a high fire rate that it's better that a lot of primary weapons in close range. It's difficult at long range though cause of the crappy ironsights

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    That sounds great. but what ever setup i do, i die first. i see animation of getting hit of enemy but well,

To me. all weapons r same. WEAK, useless, crap.

at 70 ping i was dominating BF2 or any other online shooter FFS :bang:

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ping in BF3 is client side and not server side like most other MP games so somebody with a Ping reading of 200 can kill you even if you fire first and hit first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.