AMD Catalyst 13.3 BETA 2 (12.100.17.0 March 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    Yes, because if I got to the nvidia driver forum I hear nothing but praise right?

Get over yourself dude, most forums are filled with problems because those are the people who have something that needs fixing. On the other had, those who have no problems clearly just have time to troll, am I right?

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Recording with Evolve in GW2 still causes driver restart and/or BSoD. Solution currently is to just toss a older driver dll in GW2's folder (13.1 works fine).

3. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    You have some serious stability issues or even a bad card. The HDMI audio is definitely a stick in the mud, but the other problems are either Firefox issues that and has no control of (as was stated by amd itself) and I have had no problems with any steam videos or flash.

Either driver install problem or something else you have on the system. Trust me, and drivers have their problems, but some things are user error.

4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Still getting the BSOD when deactivating the Generic_upnp monitor in device manager.

Don't ask why I do this. Its only a easy way to reproduce another problem :(uninstalling the driver do the BSOD) but the cause seem to be when the monitor get disabled / uninstall / detach.

Happens with a Asus G73JH-A1

5. Nigel_M

Nigel_M Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB
    These drivers make Photoshop CS6 crash (display driver error) in both 32 and 64-bit mode. Reverting back to 13.2 beta 7 fixes this problem.

6. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Nope your wrong buddy, i'm not here to troll. it seems your piss about something & like to take it out on me, am i wrong? Nvidia sometimes has more problem then Ati but at least they fix there problems fast unlike Ati who take there sweet time. i wish they go back to the monthly drivers because these once in a while driver is not helping them at all, it's making it worst because it make people mad & change to Nvidia.

So Back to topic please.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Who is "people"? How am "I" mad? Had no idea I would change to Nvidia. You must be a wizard to know more about myself than... myself.

Speak for yourself... Just because "some" people are upset (for reasons I barely understand in most cases) doesn't mean everyone else is, or even has a reason to be. I personally know nobody with your mindset, but I do also realize that not everyone has the same experiences and hardware and whatnot.

Go rant to AMD directly; why come to an AMD section of a forum just to bad-talk them so blatantly? You say your not here to troll... but I really don't see how that's remotely true... (if you were trolling though, guess I fell for it)

I currently like these non-monthly beta's AMD is providing, and hope they keep providing them. Gives me something to test and give construtive feedback on (like your supposed to), along with getting cooler features/fixes quicker :p

As for whatever driver issues you are having though, care to present them constructively (if you haven't already; I may of missed it if you had it mixed with non-constructive ranting)?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
  8. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    So far I had only 1 freeze during tomb raider. But haven't crashed. Finished most of the game on old drivers but finished it on these drivers will play it again though. Game is awesome and reminds me of uncharted.

9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    ...firefox black-white squares are back, impressive.! GG amd, LMAO, anyway the driver is smooth as butter in gaming perspective, but FLASH is problematic again, i luv adobe!!! :D

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

What do you have to do to get the checkerboard artifacting? Just open Firefox? Go to a particular site?

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    all my other games are fine.

crysis 3
    Dead space 3
    Resident evil 6 benchmark
    heaven benchmark
    Borderlands 2
    DMC 2013
    Farcry 3

You would think if there was something wrong with my cards that i could be crashing with those games above. ?
    +++++ loads of others

Tomb Raider`s TressFX is the problem here if i disable it, the game works perfectly.
    it uses amd/atis`s patent OpenCL to do the calculations ect. i think its bug`d.

remember its only 1 game im having issues with, not all games. thats what makes me think its a game issue only or driver issue + game issue combined.

and about the browser/steam corruption that seems to be tied to the same corruption in browsers when flash or any type of hd video is getting ready to start or finish.... this issue has been around for god knows how meny beta`s im not the only one with this issue.

but wait, no your right, my cards are broken lol

p.s, errr trust you lol, user error yeah most of that is for people that dont have a clue what there doing,
    i have cleaned and reinstalled drivers about a billion times, this issue is in no way a user error. and also the hdmi audio yellow exclamation mark in device manager or disabled in device manager has been around since day 1 for me some drivers made it better some drivers are the same but not all drivers since day 1 has completely fixed the issue.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well, some sites not all of them, it's not even the OC, i remember dropping the clocks but no luck. Guru3d is one of them but not all the site, only on the main page at menus/categories bar, not the rest page or forum for example. Anyway i hadn't seen this since 12.11 beta or 13.1 whql, i am gonna report it again. :)

13. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    Well if your problem is with one game, and you have a good experience on just about everything else, how is it that amd isn't providing a good experience? It isn't an excuse but many people (including myself) run tomb raider fine.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

It uses DirectCompute, not OpenCL

http://blogs.amd.com/play/tressfx/

15. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    Not only did you originally post in this thread without even relating to the original post, but you're the one talking **** about something you don't even know about.

I bet all those titan owners love their scaling and $2000 sli setups that lose to $1000 trifire setups.

I can play troll too.

16. Granatto

Granatto Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7750
    Hmm

Did this new beta fixed the Firefox black squares issue?

17. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    What about chrome? HWA is a Firefox side problem according to amd. If you use ab, what happens when you set constant voltage in the setting menu?

18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    oh nice.! :) chrome is O.K. :D well i suppose i will side-use chrome from now on..dammit i will report firefox on AMD then to check it, neither Opera have any problem, anyway i don't use ab, because i cannot overvoltage my cards :( there is no point for me then oc'ing with other tool than CCC... :bang: :infinity:

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I used Firefox for like 3 minutes without any issue. I rely on Google Sync a bit too much so I can't just switch browsers, but if there's some definite way to reproduce artifacting with Firefox, I'd love to try it.

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hey do u still get those artifacts?

I got some thing like it with the last set but went away after I raised my gpu vcore, or maybe it was the new Afterburner that caused it with UOC enabled?

Cant remeber... anyway all good now, just wondering about u....