My downsampling experience (on a 1366x768 plasma TV)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Norvegia, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Norvegia

Norvegia Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 460 1Gb
    Few days ago I decided I should give downsampling a go and I'm very satisfied with the results. Most of the games I have used to test it are quite dated but it has nonetheless helped to figure out what the real beneficts of the downsampling are. I'm aware that nowadays almost everyone plays on +1080p resolutions but I just wanted to share these comparison shots for those who might have a setup like mine. I've also uploaded the screenshots here: http://imgur.com/gallery/sPdAW

Trine 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dead Space 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bulletstorm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crysis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trine 2 played smooth and beautifully; Dead Space 2 allowed me to enable the Very High settings for the shadows and it looked great too. Bulletstorm's screenshots don't make justice to how sharp everything was on screen and, what can I say about Crysis? The tests resulted in a 50% performance dip but it was a pleasure to the eyes :thumbup:

2. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    What Plasma TV do you have? I keep wanting to try my gaming PC out on my Panasonic S30 Plasma :)

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
  4. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    I just saw your fantastic screenshots and I was wondering:
    is it possible to downsample a 1080p definition to 720p in order to play 1080p 3D games on my 720p 3D video projector?

FYI: HDMI 1.4a does NOT allow 3D 1080p@60hz, only 1080p@24hz / 720p@60hz for 3DTV Play :(

5. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    It's not just better AA and also better AF..

6. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    i use a Samsung LCD TV LED EH5300 and i downsampled it to 2560x1440 and it really shows the diff on games :)

7. Norvegia

Norvegia Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 460 1Gb
    I game on an old Panasonic TH-37PX60EH. Not very good for desktop use but games look great.

Pretty impressive screens.

It should work. Try asking here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=346325