Next-gen console games prices will go up to $70

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 12, 2013.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    we are the smart guys, but there are thousands of people who never bought online or they don't want to and the prices are extraordinary on retail shops.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Yes, you have the freedom to choose to do an illegal activity. I also have the freedom to tell you it's a bunch of nonsense and to get it out of here. Mods would do the same.

Piracy is not an acceptable, moral, reason why games should not be 70 dollars.

There are more compelling arguments for that.

3. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
  4. 11001010

11001010 Guest

GPU:
    9800gtx
    I agree with this. Well said.

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Well looking at current trends, PC game prices fall a lot faster than their console counterparts.

Lesson du jour: stick with PC gaming if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg with gaming.

deltatux

6. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Currently £=$ in value over here in some holiday firms' windows, and the Post Office exchange rate isn't much better.
    That was why I posted that comment earlier on.
    Anyway, a little grey Playstation's output looks really fantastic on a 40" HDMI tv.

7. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    I don't care about YOUR morals. His point IS valid.
    I used to be totally against piracy. Not so much any more after DRM fiasco after fiasco. They bring this crap on themselves.
    Piracy is a form of protest for some.

8. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Snes and Megadrive games were £40-50 mail order as I can see in these old mean machines sega magazines which was the 'internet' shop of the time

9. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I think he is right because:
    - we got so many devices console, PC and now in the last years SMARTPHONES AND TABLETS that want to take some of the gaming cake;
    - making more complex games for multiple platforms it adds to the price !

10. nicugoalkeper

GPU:
    Not only a form of protest but think this :
    In a country were the salary is 200 Euros or LOWER and just to get a PC or console it takes 1-2 year or a need to borrow from a bank to get it wat will you do ???
    There are ppl that want to play games but can't afford them, maybe if a games takes like 30 day's or more to finish they may want to buy it but when games take 30 hours to finish how can a man that lives on such a low salary or his family to play games.
    THAT IS PIRACY.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Ban...

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Why bring this up? Paying 40-50 pounds in 1992 for a SNES game was absurd then, and shouldn't be used as a justification for higher prices today. At least they actually had a somewhat legitimate reason to charge that much, and that was the fact a lot of those huge RPG's needed a lot of rom space, making the manufacturing costs of the carts quite expensive. Today, manufacturing is basically free.

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I am against piracy all the way down, it's the only and main reason why we have expensive games anyway, developers/publishers never can accomplish their economic aims, but i repeat I can tell whatever I want because personally I do not think these are nonsense, I do not represent guru3d or all users and I do not harm anybody telling the fact of thousands of gamers.

High prices do not help killing piracy and if you do not like it throw your pc/console out of the window because of piracy. I am not a pirate, I am glad of the huge Steam and GOG games list I have. Cheers, end of this offtopic.

14. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    *cough*bull*****cough*
    Game prices have absolutely NOTHING to do with Piracy.

15. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    This is why PC games where such a big thing up to the 00's CHEAP! Maybe Consoles nerds will buy a real machine instead of pretending to be gamers LOL!

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Are you sure.? I think you are comparing a thief with poor buyer, I never bought a game more expensive than 44.99 € unless it's collector's/special edition.

That's a reason I never pirated, I was patient until I find a good deal to play with. I couldn't afford buying all my hundreds of games with outrageous prices.

17. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    What I meant was that the high price itself is not caused by piracy.
    But yes, piracy is definitely in part caused by high prices.

18. nicugoalkeper

GPU:
    I don't agree whit you.

Piracy is not a caused for high prices on games, it is just use as an excuse.
    The real cause is GREED they want to get the max profit from them, there were times when they did games in 4-5 years and now they do them in 1-2 max and if you look at the end credits on them you will see like 100 ppl. MAX working on that game (testers not included). They sell like 1 mil. copies at 30 and get 30 mil from witch if you add the packing, marketing and salary's for all they get a minim of 15 mil profit (on a good game). Think at 70 will get 70 mil ...
    The problem is that they want to more money AND another problem is that making games at high prices on console (were you can't "test them" like on PC were you can test a pirated game) is helping them in case the game is bad and not many will buy them.
    Just think at this they make a game for console like GOD of WAR all want to buy it from the start so if the game is bad you still got it cause you wanted it from the first day, but if they made it on PC you got on pirated play'd it an ups no point to buy it is so BAD. !!!:banana:

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Sounds to me you dont own a console. demos are pretty common on consoles.
    Whats wrong with reading reviews, watching videos, reading comments of people who have bought them ?
    Sounds like greed aswell tbh.

20. TARNY

TARNY Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    I used to buy a pc game for £20 or £24.99 now they are the same price as console and getting stupid...look at COD for example. £45 and some Ive seen for more...I've stopped buying cod just because I felt my A hole been lubed and stretched every time I bought one of their games.
    Total rip off and sad to say I've lost that gaming feeling now because it is too expensive to fork out for a game and that with all the stupid cheaters you get on some of these games is stupid..Its not worth the hassle..
    RANT OVER! lol