got a 3dtv need to know how to get my nvidia 3d working with it

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by army_cadet, Mar 8, 2013.

1. army_cadet

army_cadet Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte g1 980
    hey guys me and the wife picked up a LG47lm620t 3dtv just wanted to know if i could get it working with my gtx titan pc for 3d gaming and what steps will i need to take.

2. lord_zed

lord_zed Active Member

GPU:
    980ti MOD 1500/8000 LC
    You need TriDef software then its plug and play :p

3. army_cadet

army_cadet Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte g1 980
    just confirming it works with nvidia 3dtvplay cheeky bastards charging for the software after i spent almost 2 thousand pounds for my gpu's loool

4. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    Before you go and buy the software you may want to email them and ask. I do not see your particular model listed under the supported list of LG tvs. Or maybe check their forums and see if anyone has reported it working correctly. I think one thing a lot of people always seem to forget as well is that gaming in 3d to your tv via hdmi you will not be getting 120hz, although that doesn't seem to matter to some people. Me personally it was just too ghosty for me so I splurged and got the ASUS VG278H. I do use my 3dtv for movies and xbox and ps3 3d games though and its just fine

5. army_cadet

army_cadet Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte g1 980
    it works very well with my tv i am using the trial at the moment, i have the same 3d vision ready monitor and glasses as you i just wanted a bigger screen for movies really and the od game or 2 in the living room :D

6. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    Yea I had originally hooked my pc up to my 3d tv, its great for emulators ect and a game or 2. When it comes down to wanting the best 3d in my pc games though I just go with my monitor, although now my pc is no longer hooked up to my tv at all. I was trying to play swtor in 3d on my tv and It was just way too ghosty especially after seeing it on my monitor. Always thought of using my pc as my central entertainment hub but now that I have an xbox a ps3 (bluerays) and a wii u, i just no longer need it for those purposes, so now I get to play all my pc games in the office undisturbed and don't have to take turns with the kids if I don't want hehe

7. srpanj13

srpanj13 Member

GPU:
    R9 290@1150/1600 AccEx IV
    Just google zalman EDID overide and install it after that you will see 3d vision ready monitor in nvidia control panel.. i recommend setting to about 80% 3d effect & enjoy :)

8. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    But does that then allow you to do 1080p at 60hz?

Because the Nvidia 3DTV program only supports max 720p at 60hz.

I've been trying forever to find a way to get 'proper' 3D on my 55" passive 3D tv.

9. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Next time please do not tell someone who has a Nvidia card to use that crappy hack job driver that is for meant for AMD.. Nvidia has their own 3D drivers that THEY MAKE and work as soon as they are installed. They are also updated all the time. Your advice could have caused him endless hours of confusion and grief. Luckily it looks like he is on the right track "I hope" and going with NVIDIA 3DTV PLAY which is right there in the Nvidia control panel.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    He has a Passive 3DTV.
    His 3D is 1080p with half vertical resolution per eye, at 60 frames per eye.
    However, if the TV isnt supported by NVidia, then it will not let you use higher than 720p at 60fps per eye, this situation is very likely.
    I am in the same boat, I have an LG passive 3DTV and have to use Tridef to get full quality.

He may not have a choice if NVidia dont directly support his TV.

Last edited: May 9, 2013

11. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    on my active samsung its either 720p@60hz or 1080p@24hz this is not a nvidia problem its the max capability of the tv. you can disable vsync for better experience. i also have an LG passive tv but have not tryd with nvidia 3dtvplay. but i would think its is the same. the tridef program offers other 3d modes like side by side that are better for gaming at 1080p BUT takes more tweaking.

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    If its a 1080p passive with ye normal HDMI connection, the TV is capable of receiving 1080p stereo @ 60Hz with half vertical resolution for each eye.
    But if using the NVidia drivers for stereo and the NVidia drivers dont support the TV, the gfx card wont be able to output 1080p stereo @ 60Hz half res per eye.
    I have this issue and is why I use Tridef with my LG passive 3DTV.

Tridef is limited with NVidia cards, it cannot give out full 1080p @ 60Hz/eye no matter what connection is used, whereas with AMD cards it can give full 1080p if using Dual DVI or Displayport.
    But it can give out 1080p @ 60Hz, 1/2 res per eye over old school HDMI, which is ideal for passive 3DTVs.

More info
    http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3606