Sim City 6 (2013)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Virtue, Oct 5, 2012.

1. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    where are those people saying always on connection / DRM for a 'single player game' is not a problem in nowadays where everyone have a broadband connection etc?

2. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    He said he is Chinese, never said anything about being in China.

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    My city is getting drowned in traffic and it's only at 234k population... I read some people have gone up to 500k on single city with no regional support, I'm not sure how I should plan my roads to manage that. Average wait time on bus is 53 minutes, street car is 20 minutes... zero firestation coverage cause they get stuck in traffic all day long lol

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    https://www.ea.com/news/a-simcity-update-and-something-for-your-trouble

5. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I just clicked that link and webpage came out all broken XD Found it through EA.com and it appeared fine.

Well, better late than never. I do wonder what games will be in this "EA portfolio"... kind of doubtful that they will include latest AAA titles on it so I wonder what will be in it?

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Probably the same $20 stuff from a few months ago.

7. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    What happened few months ago and where can I find this list?

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They had a $20 coupon if you filled a survey but since it was not an unique coupon a lot of people used it to get freebies from Origin :p The list was pretty much everything from 2010 and earlier .. Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age 2, NFS games, etc.

9. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  10. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    For anyone wanting a good read on Sim City's 6 flaws, here you go!

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...loper_doesnt_like_online_social_games/c8sqrjn

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm quoting this from one of the links Iggy posted above .. wow .. just wow.

12. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Not shocking at all. This online requirement is purely DRM. If anyone truly believed that anything more than some basic authorization happened on server side...

This of course makes EA liars.

And the offline bit is true. I stayed disconnected for minutes, and my city ran fine minus the whole regional affair. And the only reason regional affairs didn't work probably has to do with the fact that all saves are located on their cloud server.

To be extra sure though, it would be funny if someone with really ****ty CPU try to run this game and see how it goes... my guess is that it's going to run very badly as most of the real work is done locally.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah .. someone who owns the game should try it out on a weaker laptop (1.8-2.2ghz) and see how it fares.

14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Did anyone catch this tidbit?

15. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, I got 20 free games that way :D . Bless the server gods.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Haha, awesome! I got 7 and it was a day after my birthday so it was very kind of EA :D

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    That can't be right... (I'm talking about the sims needing to bump into school on the way to factory)

I have my university at opposite corner of my town from the industry and power plant. My nuclear power plant is running accident free with 3 reactors. Only high tech factories that are closing down in my city-town are from fire and their inability to ship goods, which is caused by insane traffic I have to deal with at 260k pop.

Odds are, OP's factories are short on educated workers because he/she went too industry heavy and just doesn't have enough population to sustain it.

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The sad part is that there were only four or five games really worth playing, the rest were boring. Ironically, one of them is SimCity 4 :D .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ..stupid 19 minutes wait time atm..

20. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    after playing it a bit last night have to say its a nice game to chill out with down side is the always on and cloud server junk needs to be fixed also larger maps/regions what ever there called are badly needed plus could use a better tutorial I think ive scrapped 6 maps and slowly getting the hang of it but that could be down to me being a bit ocd how things are with these types of games.