Tomb Raider: Lara Croft Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BABA-The Hacker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    These sort of games have never been great story wise, it just needs to be good enough to serve a purpose to get you from A-B.
    No twists is a good thing, 90% of the time i despise twists in games and movies, if a story is good then it's not needed, not that i'm saying this is good but it's serviceable.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, to each their own I guess. It just never grabbed me. I really like the big scale big production games and I was hoping this would be one like that. It could easily have been, it's the perfect game to be just that, like we've seen before. I'm disappointed. A weak 5.5/10 from me I'm afraid. I'm glad others are enjoying it though.

3. johnyz333

johnyz333 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 512 x2
    Yes mate I can confirm exact same results...

Gtx 680 sli
    3930k @ 5ghz

4. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Same, with 660ti and my CPU on stock .. i see CPU usage 30% max and GPU is around 20% when i look at village from distance and fps is around 15 lol. I wait that driver hope it fix it.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    now I know you are talking drivel...

"lara, you have to go Cairo to murder this prostitue"

what a big pile of baloney....at least if you are gonna slag something off think of something at least plausible...

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that wasn't the story I would have behind the game, but even that would be better than "let's get off this island... and that's pretty much it, with a bit of religious nonsense thrown in."

7. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Super funny game for those who enjoy adventure, puzzles and shooting.

8. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Review for Crysis 3? :D

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes those drops are only becuase of TressFX (direct compute latency issues), tessellation doesnt have any fps drops. :)

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well there was one twist involving a certain person and a huge sacrificial fire... I wasn't expecting that. Otherwise, yeah, the story isn't amazing and does seem to borrow heavily from the Lost with this mysterious island, its violent islanders and its spooky ability to bring down planes and whatnot. I'm just waiting for the Smoke Monster to appear and it'll be complete! :)

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By the way, I read about the missing effects in this game when playing in fullscreen (even if exclusive fullscreen is selected as well) and sure enough I did the Alt-Enter toggle on the main menu and in the benchmark to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode and the latter had water splashes, lens flares, particles and other effects missing from fullscreen.

Honestly, with all the bugs this game has, was it even tested? This issue affects both NVIDIA and AMD so you cannot blame late driver optimizations for that one.

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Tomb Raider PC – TressFX will be fully playable on GTX680, Nixxes Working On Lara’s Hair Collisions

http://www.dso gaming.com/news/tomb-raider-pc-tressfx-will-be-fully-playable-on-gtx680-nixxes-working-on-laras-hair-collisions/

*Remove Space*

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Is this open world? Can you free roam and do other stuff? Is there a night day cycle?

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Nope, there is fast travel so you can go back to previous locations. (as some locations cant be reached when walking back) there is no day / night cycle , everything is fixed to the level.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That puzzles me a bit, if Lara cannot actually walk back to all the previous locations under user control then how is it she is able to Fast Travel to them all? Does she teleport there? :3eyes:

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for posting that.

So Nixxes are fixing the TressFX Hair performance (which begs the question of why on earth it wasn't optimized *BEFORE* the game's release) and NVIDIA are working on fixing the v314.xx driver tessellation issue and optimizing for performance?

Also, Nixxes have said they're weighing down the hair to make it less floaty, tightening the collision and fixing the "spazzing" but did it really need user feedback to notice those issues? Surely, they must have tested it out for themselves and thought: "Hang on, something isn't quite right with this...!" because, you know, it really doesn't look at all realistic in its current implementation except when it is static. :3eyes:

Question is how long to we have to wait for those bearing in mind the majority of people who own the game now will want to play it now not have to wait weeks for this silly oversights to be addressed. BioShock Infinity is out at the end of March for example so I can't imagine Tomb Raider will get much of a look in from me once I've installed it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    you need to make me buy this game please.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Buy it anyway; it's excellent if you enjoy a mix of combat, including bows and guns, with stealth and platforming/exploration. If you've played any of the Uncharted games on the PS3 then you'll have a good idea of what to expect as it is the exact same formula of spectacular setpieces, many of them with quick time events (QTEs), third-person shooting and open areas which beg for exploration. The big difference here though is that Lara is a bit less charismatic than Nathan Drake but that comes from her not having the confidence he has as this is her origin story.

19. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    well its an amd optimize game so they will prioritize all the optimization first on AMD radeon cards then Nvidia.

20. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    I Want this patch NOW :bang: