Geforce GTX TITAN Owner Club

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Agent-A01, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Good news guys.. boost fluctuation should be fixable.. watch this video starting at 48:05
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsuvlg8cuWA&feature=player_embedded

basically they should how boost works, as long as pt and temp target are below the target boost should be max with no variance.. in this vid it is.. so im guessing Drivers are the problem here.. also Manuelg said they are investigating the issue.

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    What would happen if Nvidia removed the power limiting? What kind of clocks could these feasibly reach?

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    How can it be drivers?
    I have one that does not really move much when clocked,i take that one out and put the other in and little more throttle(much less after added cooling)on the same driver install.
    Now how can it be drivers?

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    well a bios flash gets power target to 120% which is like 300 watts.. rough guestimate 1300-1400 provided power target was the limiting factor.

watch the youtube vid.. in the vid he gets ZERO fluctuation at 99% load. i should be fixable by drivers/bios update.. just gotta give it a week or 2.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I just want to turn in my titan so i am not asssociated with the dumbass titan owners
    no offence

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Everything would be find until your power wires in the connectors started to melt from exceeding their power draw. the TDP is there for a reason.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'll trade you my Classy + $ if you ever decided to get rid of that thing. :D

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    You know did not mean to be so genaral with that statement and move up the ahole list.
    Its just that everyone bitching about the throttle could have collectively solved the isuues by now i'm sure.

Its way too early to abandone ship it is the fastest 1 cored card ever madebut starting to get alittle bored.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Dude dont apologize. you're entitled to an opinion just like the rest of these guys. :nerd:

10. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Finally I'll get my hands on my two titans tomorrow ! :D

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    cowie are your Titans exactly the same kind?

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Dumbass? Please. Im reinstating what nvidia themselves are saying about boost 2.0. Do you need proof or are you going to be a blind idiot?

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I never said sorry :)

Ones an sc the other sc signature

I choose to take the bull by the horns

No more hitting the pt issue but it crops up other ones.
    Max pt is only 50ish stock BUT the mod seems to drop 3dvoltage and throttle like a bastard.
    I try to get it worked out with help from the community before i cry to nv about it.
    [​IMG]

14. pmt411

pmt411 Active Member

GPU:
    Twin SC Evga Titans
    My two Oc Titans just arrived, have question on maybe using a 480 gtx with tem

Well my two Evga OC Titans just arrived via UPS. I will be replacing my 480 gtxs in a couple of hours (my buddy across the street is an IT guy and does all the hardware work on my system) and it just occurred to me, can I use one of the 480gtxs for PhysX and have three cards, the two Titans and the 480gtx in use at the same time, and would it be any real benefit if I could?? Also, I assume my Asus Rampage III motherboard should be able to handle them right??? Also, if I can use the 480 gtx I assume I would have to give up my Titanium HD sound card to accomplish this and go with on board audio?? Your thoughts in this matter are appreciated, I am 60 yrs old and love the latest tech toys but my knowledge of some of the hardware considerations is somewhat sketchy. Thanks again!!

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The Rampage 3 is a great board, You will get no problems.
    However having 3 cards including 1 card for physx will close the gap between the gpus so they will be sandwiched together which will decrease airflow and increase temps quicker.

I dont know how big the spacing is on the R3E motherboard.

Something to consider.....

If i had 2 Titans i wouldnt bother with a 3rd card for physx as theres enough power there already, I would just sell the old 4 series card.

16. pmt411

pmt411 Active Member

GPU:
    Twin SC Evga Titans
    Thanks, do you think the 480 would help improve overall frame rate but handling the PhysX??

17. pmt411

pmt411 Active Member

GPU:
    Twin SC Evga Titans
    Ok, thanks!! I didnt get your recomendation on not using the 480 gtx on my first read of your response. Thanks again!

18. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Heres some proof. Btw this is unigine bench

[​IMG]
    Pic 1. stable at 1124 with no variance at 65% fan speed. Ok good. Set fan speed to 85%. Drivers say NOPE WE ARENT STABLE lets lower clocks down to base. This is repeatable even at stock clocks. Video CLEARLY shows that it doesnt happen for them.

Pic 2
    [​IMG]

Lets add some voltage.. stable at +12mv with 1124. Ok add +37. Nope not stable, boost varies too much and wont make up its mind. Again, Repeatable at stock clocks. Games are even worse where gpu usage is not always 99%.

Also, with too high of a memory clock your boost clocks will go down. My friend gets a funky boost going on with +400 memory, one step below that and its fine. I got a good memory card so thats non issue for me.

19. TwoPlusTwo

TwoPlusTwo Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX Titan SLI
    I just installed mine and played with them a bit and am extremely happy with my results...at stock! :)

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Well ok agent whatever.

Anyways i rechecked my mods i missed one ok so now at max voltage 1.227v
    pt IS 90% when it would limit out at 104ish.

[​IMG]