Tomb Raider: Lara Croft Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BABA-The Hacker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    If you're where I think you are...

The big room with hundreds of guards in? You climb up and slide/shuffle along the edge of the upper platform on the left side of the room.

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    doh. thanks!

3. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    up :)

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Playing for 8 hours (must be 7 or something like that since i been fooling with the benchmark).

I like the game its ok.
    Its very liniar though, and i always seem to face exactly the direction i need to go. walls are highlighted and levels arent big ,so its not too difficult. exploration is also not really there imo.
    cinematic feel is top notch though, but the hair is funny as hell at times.
    didnt use the hunter instinct at all, untill a bit later where i couldnt see sh1t lol.
    I do feel its a bit easy though at times, really miss the health pack stuff instead of health regen that this title has.
    It has some nice locations, and statues and walls , skulls etc look great imo.

7/10 so far from me. (can be 8/10 if they fix the bugs). i get framedrops to 15fps during cutscenes at times. ive frame limited the game to 35 fps which seems to be the sweet spot for my card. not a problem really.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im gona wait for a price drop, few patches, as the inevitable slatings started now, and its sounding bugged to hell :p

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    lol .. yeah me too. It's a square enix game so the price should be half or less than that in 3 months or so anyway.

7. Zurvan

Zurvan Guest

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    Tripple buff will effect windowed and not windowed. Doesn't really matter.

This full windowed fix doesn't affect all users. For me (amd user) it didn't make any difference and some users have said on the official forums that instead of choosing 16:9, 16:10 aspect ratio manually choose the setting 'auto' will enable extra effects. It doesn't have to do anything with performance.

Also when you click windowed mode you'll see your windows task bar etc so it's borderless (meaning not full screen). But with the softwareWindowedBorderlessGaming you can still play windowed mode and get full screen.

Go to this threads for more info bout the extra effects.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846947231090179422/
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133983&page=2

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    you playing on hard/hard?

just finished it and still stand by my score of 9/10. didnt have any real fps hiccups as turned the tess and the hair thing off..yeah perhaps was 2 easy. (although I had some blonde moments and i did die quite a few times).

hopefully a next installment from Crystal Dynamics! could have had perhaps a few more hard to kill enemies and yeah would have prefered the health kits 2.

p.s odd u had fps drops during cutscenes...mine ran butter smooth..

9. Oblit

Oblit Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC 2GB SLI
    Yeah, it looks amazing in 3D, the best one I've seen since The Witcher 2. I'm kinda upset after finding about that full screen bug thing. Since you can't turn on 3D in windowed mode I just missed out on post processing effects.

Here is another one:

[​IMG]

Cross-eyes until green dots connect.

10. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Yeah that seems to work, thanks.

Playing this game on Ultimate, Vsync OFF (adaptive forced in CP) at 1080p, I get 37 Average, 30 min. Playable but some slowdowns here and there.

To be honest, it feels like game is buggy and the issues are related to **** porting for nVidia cards by developers. The tesselation fix, when I used it and passed the area which was causing crash, I saw a bunch of squigly lines for a sec. Also, frame drops happens only in few places all of a sudden (that is, the game is running fine and suddenly same place drops frames for few secs for no reason).

Overall the game looks great and is fun but I stopped playing at my second crash like 2 hrs in. The story reminds me of Angel of Darkness, the only TR that tried to have mature storyline but failed cause of ****ty movement (but I loved it, the only TR I enjoyed storywise).

Anyways, will go play this when nVidia releases new drivers. I am hoping for FPS boost cause even though game looks good, I can run Crysis 3 pretty much maxed out at 45-50 FPS. So yeah..

PS: Opening hours, nothing but a bunch of QTE. Hunting is easy as hell with M+K as usual. I am guessing this whole opening section was found VERY CHALLENGING for average console gamer and was ported as it is on PC, ignoring the fact that it was easy as **** on PC.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Er, you do realise crossing your eyes doesn't quite work like that, it goes blurry to hell.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, it's a coridor, really. also, it's very predictable. you watch something happen and you know that you'll have a ****ty qte next, or one of those "action packed jumpy section with weird controls". The game is easy, playing on normal, but expected more of a challenge. Also, the story line is so cliche and so cheesy!

Another thing, Roth has a pistol in this cutscene, and kills, whatever, 6 goons with 6 headshots in a space of 5 seconds... wtf? completely ruins the believability of the whole thing. Also, how is Lara still alive after falling so many times?

Dunno, the game makes no sense. Not once did my jaw drop while playing it. it's not a challenge, it makes no sense, the story is meh... It's a shame, because they nailed the controls, the jumping is really good. Oh, also they ripped of a few scenes from U2, it's so obvious. Shame, was looking forward to this, was really excited for a couple of days before I played this because I love the first 2 games but this is a massive let down.

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No im playing at normal.

Well the drops probably are because i do have tesselation , tessfx , and the added effects enabled (which arent enabled if you just play fullscreen).
    Dont think they can fix things before i end this game (will be probably tommorow or saturday at most).

14. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB

yeah but thats the issue with people these days, they try to compare to other games (and in this case Uncharted was loosely inspired by Previous Tomb Raiders) ... i swear its like people go through games just to say that they have.... and blow through it without taking time to enjoy it THEN they talk down about and act like it was a **** game.... yeah it needs a patch to get rid of the fleas and ticks, but all in all its pretty nicely made. to a lot of people its a great title! i happen to agree.... and this is coming from a guy who hasnt felt the same awesome feeling from a Laura Croft game since PS1 days.

im hard to impress!

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Good point there. In U2 I really took my time, because it was gripping. in TR I'm really rushing it because I'm one level from the end and I'm thinking I can kill this off in the next hour and uninstall. For some reason it just lacks the atmosphere. I think that setting the whole game on this one stupid island was a big mistake btw. They should have made Lara travel a little bit... Bit of Monte Carlo, bit of Canadian mountains, bit of African desert, bit of eastern European forest, bit of south american jungle etc. Should have been a bit more adventurous. Like Indy IV, or like many other games that have nailed all this globetrotting.

16. Dravonic

Dravonic Member

GPU:
    VisionTek 7970 3GB
    Nobody else getting FPS drops in very large areas like Mountain Village and Shantytown?

Game apparently has only 2 render threads causing a massive CPU bottleneck in those areas. GPU usage drops to about 50% and I get around 30fps. I don't see how people can be playing at 60fps in those areas at all.

17. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    i think the only thing i really missed about this game is there is almost no sandbox to it... Farcry's sandbox and Crysis's sandbox are hard to beat and i see a lot of other games attempt at it and fail hard, and the only other games that i played with open sandbox playing that was beautiful was the GTA series and Saints row 2 and 3... ALSO this almost felt like it was "Facry 3: Female edition with bonus Fast-paced campaign DLC preinstalled"
    i dont mind that one bit lol.. personally i would like to see alot more female oriented action games/FPSs and even if this isnt a game for exploring in depth, it had its bang for my buck!!

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Venice in TR2 was always a big favourite of mine, so i also would of liked more travelling round the world, but i guess this fits with the story they were going for.

I also miss medipacks and the feeling of lonliness that you had in the previous games, wonderful visuals though, up there with the best looking games i've played.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, I was experiencing erratic framerates in Shantytown when I played it tonight and, to be honest, I wasn't keen on that section anyway as it looked graphically bland and the huge number of enemies reminded me of a level in Resident Evil 5.

I tried the v311.06 drivers earlier but the game still froze on me after an hour with tessellation and TressFX. So I reinstalled the v314.14 betas, enabled tessellation and TressFX but disabled in-game v-sync and forced Adaptive v-sync through the driver. This time I was able to play the game for almost 90 minutes before it crashed. It may not actually be tessellation that causes the crashes for me but TressFX and/or the in-gamer v-sync.

Despite the numerous crashes I have been enjoying this game enormously for the hour long sessions I'm able to play before it freezes. I've just got past The Descent bit (people who've seen the movie will know which bit I mean). Definitely my favourite game of 2013 so far; it's just a shame the bugs are spoiling it a little.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the story sucks. big time. actually, there is no story. blah blah blah, we need to get off this island, we can't there's some ****ty storm that won't let us... very bad imho. there's no twists, not one OMFG moments. bit of travelling would have been nice. Lara, you have to go to Cairo to murder this prostitute, then escape the police on a speed boat" stuff like this. complete lack of imagination with the current story. actually, I could come up with a better one in 10 minutes, give or take.