Sim City 6 (2013)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Virtue, Oct 5, 2012.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, they have no life and feel the need to come piss on bonfires.

2. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Well single-core is pretty bad. Everything I hear about this is disappointing.

Simcity 2000 is probably Top 5 of all time for me. Do you guys think Simcity 4 or CitiesXL is a better game?

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    there you go. if you want to play villages, play simcity 2000. if you want something with depth, play 3000. and you already own both (or pirated both) so no money wasted. you're disappointed with 2013. ok, fair play. but why are you in this thread, bitching about a game that you haven't even played? what do you expect to hear? do you expect a tap on your shoulder saying "well said"? nobody cares what you think mate.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Imho it's a better game than cities xl. problem is you hit the borders really quick. but then there's still a lot left to do. I am not saying it's a great game, but so far I like it. and if I do find some cool people to play with, I think that option could be a game maker.

5. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    sorry, but everyone knew about the always online drm and people did not like it, but they decided to vote with their wallets, and were screwed by EA, their choice, and i do not make fun of them, but in the same time i did not tell them to buy the game, actually i was opposed to get it, in this very thread.

cities xl is also single core but apart from the new simcity you can play it offline, have a huge city, but it is more challenging and also the simulation is less real than simcity 2013.

fine with me, i will leave the thread, i just expressed my feelings BEFORE the game being released, like everyone else, now when it is released only people who played it are allowed to talk here, ok, it's cool.

btw i BOUGHT all past simcities: 2000, 3000, and 4. i admit i pirated rush hour.
    but i supported maxis with my wallet, i even bough the sims and the expansions, and bought only sims 2, but i stopped when EA ruined Maxis. I did not asked or any other thousands of players for this crap they named a simcity reboot, i am off the thread since i do not own it, and never will!
    I respected Maxis more than you can imagine

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  6. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Ah I didn't know that about CitiesXL (single core). I really don't care that the game is always online (same with D3). I do care about the small city size and the inability to save local cities/games.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    What does this matter? I've got over 100k people in my city and everything is running fine. The game seems very well optimized to me.

8. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
  9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I thought you were leaving this thread?

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that's them. I don't care about what they think. I care about enjoying a game. I'm enjoying SC2013. can you live with that?

11. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    yes, i can, glad you like it, so how was cities xl? :D

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, no-one takes any interest in what hard core fans of anything think, those guys are only happy when they are complaining about something, can't stand those sort of people.

nhlkoho, got me thinking when you said it is well optimised, the fact the game is aimed just as much, if not moreso at laptops and lower spec PC's makes me think that is why Maxis had this game using cloud computing for alot of the game.

Makes sense as using always online as a DRM solution is just not cost effective, as it must be very expensive to run.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I played it a bit last night and while it's ok, it just isn't a simcity game. dunno, can't describe it. It's like being really good in Path of Exile, have best gear but you still wish you played Diablo. SimCity 2013 is more fun tbh. Long term, I'm not sure yet. but I can imagine there's endless possibilities playing with say 6 regular people. that will be fun.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    don't get me wrong, I understand hc fans. I myself have been what you would call a hc fan of certain games and I understand where they're coming from. but as far as being a SimCity player, sure I've played every single one of them quite extensively, I would never consider myself a hc player of these games. I play them because I can relax playing these games, it's not like bf3 online or D3 hc where you can blink and the result is death.

SC games, for me personally, have always been fun and something you can pick up and play for a bit and mess about and that's it. So while I understand that hc players have a lot to complain about, I myself am quite happy with the game.

15. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Finally I can play.. Oh wait, the servers are unreachable.

16. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    I'm a hardcore fan.
    I've got a massive metropolis region in Sim City 4, with 4 gigs worth of mods & hong kong cityset buildings. I spent hundreds of hours playing that game, and it's still installed to this day.

And i ****ing love the new Sim City. Deal with it.
    I hated the small city size too, i also thought it was a dumbed down kiddie game, until i actually, u know, PLAYED IT MORE THAN AN HOUR.

Can't you just please stop derailing this god damn thread with your god damn nonsense? "HAHA LOOK DIZ GAM SUX CUZ I THIN SO AND MY APPINION IS MOR IMPORTANT CUZ I PLAY OTHER SIM GAME BEFORE AND LOOK EHRE IS LINK FOR PPL WHO ALSO SAY IT IS BAD HAHA "

Shut the **** up. Let us discuss the game in a more cooperative sharing way, okay?
    Now, since you caused the entire page to derail into a flame war, i'll try and ask the OTHER nice folks here on the forums again......

Anyone know a way to force proper AA, such as supersamling?

17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    They did just that, the first Cities XL required multiplayer trading to collect certain resources just to run your city and required even more if you wanted to go for one of the big wonder builds. If I remember it just ended up as a troll fest with players claiming valuable resource land and then holding it while asking stupid prices for the resource. They did however solve the issue with the second game not only sorting the AI trader so that you could actually buy stuff without going broke they also allowed you to trade between your own cities and basically killed the multiplayer part off.

Yes it's single core and it will pound it for 100% which does in turn effect performance once you hit a million in population, however I posted on the Cities XL forum of a fix that seems to resolve the game slow down and it ends up making the game jump around the cores never maxing them out.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  18. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    The fact that it can only be played with an online connection alone makes it bad.
    And quite frankly, to pay full price for this game is foolish.
    Why? Because in a way your just renting the game for as long as EA feels like having the servers online, or until they feel you do something ban worthy(yes EA can ban you and suspend your account, fun right?).

Going to be fun the day they ultimately pull the plug and your left with a useless game you can never play again.

Its now 2013 and I'm playing a 14 old game called Sim City 3000, as well as a 10 year old game called Sim City 4.
    And the best part? I can play them, I own the games, EA can NEVER ever under any circomstance take them away from me or prevent me from playing them, and I will still be able to play them another 10 years from now.

Can't really say the same about Sim City 2013..

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  19. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I hope you would retract that statement because there is a whole world of difference between calling the purchase a foolish act and calling a person a fool for making that single action. As an example, people who preordered and ate up the marketing for ACM... I think their decision to ignore troubling signs was stupid, but I don't think they are stupid people for making such mistake.

As for your "10 years later" comment, I used to think like that, until I realized from about 2 decades of gaming that I just don't touch single player games after a year or two.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    thanks for the info. now gtfo.

Also, even if EA pull the servers in 2 years, I think it was worth my £30. 2 years of fun for £30? yes, I can afford that. It's not like I'll go on a hunger strike when it happens. jesus, you're such a drama queen