Crysis 3 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Cnstntgrdnr

Cnstntgrdnr Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    I have yet to try sweetfx with any of my games, I think it's time I joined the club :) Thanks for the suggestion, will give it a go

2. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Good attitude. If I had 460GTX and play in your resolution I would wait for more demanding games and better graphic cards. Before 680GTX I still played games on 8800Ultra, even after 5 years games were more than playable, in most cases all I had to do is turn off AA :) or tweak some small details

3. kyubix

kyubix Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 6870
    Rope?

I see my FPS drop absurdly when i look to certain windows.

No ropes near.

I remember something similar to this, when in crysis 2 under floor tessellated water and heavily tessellated concrete bricks caused the same effect, "Maldo" said in his blog that "that isn't the issue causing the bad performance" , i think he said that POM, was more a issue than the water being draw underground by all the map.

Nobody thought that maybe maldo is a great programmer but he could not be always right about the performance issues.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  4. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Could you take a screenshot of these locations please?

5. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    First level is the worst performance wise.
    But I got the game running good now.

1920x1200
    1x smaa
    High textures

Advanced options:
    IIRC
    first 2 setting on very high
    Water on very high
    The rest on high
    and no motion blur

First level 40-100 fps averaging about 45
    From there on 50-120 averaging 60ish

I also gained another 10fps by disabling Tesselation in CCC so now I'm pretty much always above 60 fps. I might enable it again just at a lower setting.

Happy with that, but this is as much sacraficing I'm prepared for. The 5970 should hold out this year, but next year I need a new monster. Something based on a dual Titan would do me fine :D

6. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Better on Windows 7.

7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Much easier to sharpen in-game than bothering with SweetFX.

With 4xTXAA, I use "r_sharpening 0.8"

With 2xTXAA, maybe go somewhere around 0.5

Effectively alleviates blur :)

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    How is everyones multiplayer experience performance wise? i found 313.96 beta are better than 314.07. once i went back to 313.96 im able to run MP with all high settings, no motion blur, with 2xSMAA and am able to maintain 60 fps vsynced. looks great and runs smooooth.

whats everyone elses experience....

9. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    someone else said 313 was better to which makes no sense. 314 were tweaked for C3. I'm using modded 314.09s.

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ya, strange, but it's fact in my case. even in SP i can hold 60 fps, where as i can't with 314... all high, texture very high, 2xSMAA @ 2048x1152.

i aslo found the texture quality isnt as good with 314.07, and not just in C3, also BF3. ground textures etc look flat compared to 313.96! so for now i'm sticking to 313.96...

i'm really getting off on C3 MP. it's 100X better than C2! Rebel vs Cell FTW.

11. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    wow that looks tasty :nerd:

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lame, was hoping by the time i got home from work that C3 would be finished downloading.

Started it at 1630 last night - 16 hours later at 0830 = 46% downloaded at 93KB/s.

What a joke, steam downloads games waaaay faster than origin. Anyone know of a way to speed up the download speed with this crappy Client?

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...n-metacritic-because-of-gamer-fatigue-crytek/

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm not finding it a game theat requires much skill, for example BL2 i would get nice headshot skillz after playing a while, Max Payne3 with the slowdowns would let you string together some incredible moves, even Hitman would have your fingers busy at the keyboard at times.
    I guess i still prefer BL2 and i see some influences from the borderlands series in this game, but sure the alien weaponry is fantastic and the alien animations are fab too.
    Not sure if i prefer the bow in this game or the one in FC3, i've recently installed FC3 to compare how they are.

15. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I realized I didn't try the game with the 313.96 drivers,
    Just installed them and I must say I got a little better fps then the 314 and titan drivers on the first level. Something like a 5-10 fps gain at some points...

Weird huh?

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The gun movement in Crysis 3 feels strange.. I can't get used to it, I keep finding I am spending more time "trying" to aim than just aiming naturally.. like in Crysis 1...

I'm not sure how to explain it any better, Aiming just feels strange for me in this new Crysis.

17. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Would you describe it as.... "floaty?" Maybe kinda.... laggy?

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Mmmm.. that would be input lag wouldn't it.. not that, just the way the weapons move, It's a very odd feeling.

I'm really not sure how to explain it.

19. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Is this strange feeling there when you are aiming down the sight? If so, it may be because this game doesn't let you adjust mouse sensitivity between hipfire and ADS, which makes some scopes awkward to use when you are using sensitivity that works for hipfire.

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Perhaps, I've heard it is a short game and to be honest I am already bored with it and have no real desire to continue playing it. Crysis 3 is a great example of doesn't matter how fancy the graphics are (and Ill admit they are fancy) if the game is just boring then it means nowt.

Part of the problem is the weapons, they just feel utterly rubbish, you're standing at point blank range with a shotgun blast a Ceph in the face and it just feels so uninvolving. Then you have the constant darkness and closed off levels, the progress which is nothing short of a corridor shooter, It just isn't a very good game and it can't be Crysis fatigue since I've only played through the two sequels once but at least I had a desire to push forward and complete those games, this one is just so meh!