Crysis 3 VGA Graphics Benchmark performance review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    smaa doesnt look while moving though. hopefully in 2025 we will be able to force ssaa :p

2. txd1979

txd1979 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Thanks man! I've been a reader of guru3d for several years, but hasn't joined the forum until today, so I felt bad about it if I was misunderstood in my first post. Especially since guru3d is the first page I visit to read reviews because of the informative and excellent way of making them.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Not with SMAA x1.

But both SMAA 2Tx (temporal smoothing) and SMAA x4 (TrSSAA and MSAA component) are better than 4xMSAA when it comes to temporal aliasing.

You guys have to get rid of that old MSAA=Quality assumption :banana:

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Not to worry matey, it was more or less me moaning back at everyone who seems to think Hilbert should test absolutely everything lol No hard feelings dude ;)

On a side note, holy crap is Crysis 3 making my GPUs Hot!!! Im seeing 49C on my GPUs!!

7. ShutDown_Hussain

ShutDown_Hussain Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 / 8GB
    please do not stop game performance reviews.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Wouldn't it be funny if Tomb Raier was as demanding as this title, i wouldn't doubt it folks, let's see what's in store, after all it's mostly for the games we buy the enthusiast hardware.

9. txd1979

txd1979 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Good to hear :) Sad to hear that there isn't going to be more performance-tests though. Those were one of my favourites! But understandable if you never get the deserved credit!

10. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Im glad I will easily run crysis on very high settings and just need to play around with which AA I can handle.

However I was reading up on the different AA levels and stumbled across this on the gforce website which says TXAA is the highest image quality. but everyone has been saying its MSAA.

Am I missing something

http://www.geforce.com/landing-page/txaa

11. wenimin

wenimin Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X
    Now i'm asking myself,what should i buy,one GTX Titan to replace my 580 or save one more month money and go for one 2560 x 1600 monitor,to replace my Asus VG278H,and wait for Maxwell.
    because maybe ,1600p quality will be more noticeable in the visual effect than a so high-end GPU on 1080p,i know that the highest settings will be for later,but i think the GTX Titan when you got it it's for long but it's too close from Maxwell.

Edit:i forgot to tell:"Hilbert,keep up the work as you feel it,you are doing it well, thanks ".

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Great article Hilbert.

13. D1RTYD1Z619

D1RTYD1Z619 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I still game a 1600*1200 on my Samsung 204b monitor.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Your doing more than enough, its just that people know that if they ask then you'll include or amend the article to help them out with hardware queries. If you say no its not like we're going to log out an go sign up over at ign.com or something.

Your work is very much appreciated.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I see it like this (below is based on the assumption that like me, you want to play at max settings and nothing below 60fps):
    One 580 is going to struggle to keep even 50-55 fps in most games at 1600p. What id do is just spend it on a gpu upgrade, look at whats coming out over the next year or so - other than metro and crysis 3 there really nothing all that intensive. Titan isnt worth what it costs even if you've got money to burn, unless you go sli of course.

If i were in your postion...of which i am (upgrade time!), though with only 1 580, id sell it and pick up a couple of 680's and pref the 4gb version. Titan wont be running much in single config at more than 50+ fps at or above 1080p, by the start next year.

I could be wrong but i dont think Nvidia really intended the titan for the frequent upgraders and gamers unlike the gtx 4/5/6 series line up, i get the impression that its more of a collecters item.

16. wenimin

wenimin Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X
    What i want is the real visual change,because now i put in my mind to wait for the Dell U3014,(very soon),i know i'll not play with max settings with the 580,but the GTX 7XX serie is not so far(also Maxwell)..
    plus a 2560 x 1600p monitor is not only for games,you can enjoy it at everythings
    And about to sell the 580,it'll be a bit difficult,because many 660 or 660 Ti are maybe at better price and maybe more powerfull,and my 580 is 3Gb and the clock speed is at 832 MHz(it's the MSI Lightning XE),to paire it(SLI) with another and different (like EVGA 3Gb for exemple..)is not the same as with another lightning XE,and you can not find this one anymore.
    That's why maybe it's better to put the money in the next Dell(i know this one i'll keep it longtime),even if i keep the VG278H to play in 3D steroscopic when i feel it.
    Because if i change my mind again,i'll go completly in another direction, and wait for ivy bridge-E.
    And last thing,i'm sure i'll not go for an older graphic card in this end of february

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  17. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Unfortunately it seems that a lot of graphical performance is 'wasted' on imperceptible things. Pushing a game's graphics to stress out the latest cards means nothing if that extra power is going to waste, and unfortunately that seems too too common these days with games. I have no doubt you could significantly improve the framerate without making any visible difference in graphics or effects. If you really want to 'push the PC's' it should be done by using that performance on things that does actually improve things visually, as well as utilising high resolution textures etc.

18. wenimin

wenimin Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X
    If i understood,you mean a high resolution monitor is a better choice,if yes, thanks,even if i know the high resolution need more power.
    because since i'm reading reviews here(first) and on some others sites,when it's about the 2560 x 1600 part/chapter,i feel like i'm missing a good visual experience.
    I hope one day Guru3D will include a monitor part in his hardware reviews,i can imagine that if since so long time they use the Dell 3007,it's because it's a good one,i also read that the peoples who bought this monitor still have it and enjoy it.
    ok,then i have to wait the U3014 arrive in my country.

Hilbert,sorry if i went out of the present topic.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Regarding the 7950....Boost is 950mhz - GHz is 1000mhz.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  20. wenimin

wenimin Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X
    you mean Ghz Edition?