MSI Afterburner 2.3.1 (2013-01-23)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Guest

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    Thanks some great changes there. :)

2. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Is there any place I can download 3.0.0 beta ?
    MSI's official AfterBurner website doesn't offer the 3.0.0 beta download, yet.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, it is not public yet.

4. Unwinder

Some more news on 3.0.0:

During the last few days we were chatting with my old good friend W1zzard (Sapphire Trixx developer) about the situation with display flickering after applying unofficial overclocking via MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixx on the latest Catalyst drivers. Sadly, the issue was introduced more than half year ago in Catalyst 12.6 and AMD don't plan to do anything to fix it. Comments given by company reps on the issue are just ridiculous, and I'm afraid that with such attitude to testing it will never be fixed.
    Happily, as many users noticed, flickering totally disappears after togging display mode (e.g. after switching desktop resolution), so we see no other choices but using it as workaround in our tools. So new Afterburner will have an option allowing it to forcibly reset display mode after applying unoffficial OC. Trixx will most likely do the same.

5. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    Potentially silly question

Hi all, at the risk of being asskicked in public ...

I've just replaced a 6850 crossfire with a 7950, uninstalled and reinstalled Afterburner.
    Now, with the skin named "Default MSI Afterbuurner skin" (or its' "big edition" variant) I have the following sliders:
    • Core voltage
    • Power limit
    • Core clock
    • Memory clock
    • Fan speed
    If I change the skin to any of the 3 "compact" skins, then the "Power limit" is no longer visible (and a "Shader clock" appears). Well I said, I don't see in which way this is any more compact but whatever, maybe it's normal.

However, even selecting "Default MSI afterburner skin - blue edition" or the "red edition" I have the same interface: no power limit, one "shader clock" slider.

Is this normal ?

MaX.

P.S.
    When I dind't see the power limit slider, for a while my heart stopped at the mere idea to be obliged to use CCC instead of Afterburner

6. Unwinder

Blue and red editions of skins are no longer updated and shipped with application. All new hw features like power limit and temp limit for Titans are being added to default and default big skins only.

7. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    Thx for the info. Not sure why I do have the other skins if they are not shipped with the application. Anyway, I've just removed them to avoid getting confused.

MaX.

8. Unwinder

Because you installed new version on top of old one having those skins.

9. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    Not this time (uninstall of AB and then reinstall). But maybe they were leftovers of past installs, not cleaned by last uninstall. No big deal anyway.

MaX.

10. zoom314

zoom314 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Infinity Ed GTX580
    I am having a problem with downclocking, I removed it from My PC and the downclocking of My Zotac GTX580 went away(technically it's an Infinity Edition card, though it could be any card), the voltage was below 1v with AB, w/o AB the voltage varies from 1.004v to 1.012v and the gpu stays at 772MHz and the temp tops out at 70C(max is 97C), This is while crunching numbers for Seti@Home on My PC and the stock video fan has been replaced by a Delta 3400rpm 113cfm 120x25mm fan. The downclock would go from 772MHz to 405MHz regardless of the temperature, it could be 58C or 68C or 74C and still happen, I've used every driver from 266.58 x64 to 320.00 x64, I think I had everything set right and yet. Just saying.

Last edited: May 4, 2013

11. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    So you are upset your Zotac card doesn't work with software by MSI? Just saying.

12. zoom314

zoom314 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Infinity Ed GTX580
    I've also flashed the firmware, since this card is a reference card that adheres to the Nvidia design, it doesn't matter if it's a Zotac or an Asus or an EVGA or an MSI.

13. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    The bug is within your video driver or hardware (or your configuration). Afterburner itself does not perform automatic downclocking.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  14. zoom314

zoom314 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Infinity Ed GTX580
    Ok then why did no downclocking happen after I uninstalled AB? Answer that one. I'm using driver 320.00 x64 right now. ;p

15. Unwinder

Love such posts. You're not welcome here as well ;)

16. Unwinder

Because you're overclocking newbie and removed unstable oc with overclocking software. Bye. Just don't use bugged AB and leave this place please, too few knowledge and too many lame ambitions for 3 posts.

17. zoom314

zoom314 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Infinity Ed GTX580
    Ok on the forum I may be a newby, big deal, I've been using computers since 1980, now I've seen this happen under AB with non beta drivers, like 314.22 whql and as to overclocked the card is an Infinity Edition, they run at 815MHz stock, this card and the GTX580 AMP! use the same firmware, at least according to gpu-z that's the default clock rate, I've also seen this happen at 772MHz. I come here to report something I've seen and I get told that I don't know what I'm talking about by 'know it alls', I have even documented My problems at Seti on a thread in their forums, Here's a link. But then I guess this is typical MSI support of their software, dismiss everything said by those who don't own an MSI card... I actually do own two MSI cards, but their old DX9 cards, turbo caches and they are older than even a 7900 GTX...

18. Unwinder

It is typical reply to "fix your bugged stuff" comments, for user with or without MSI card. Bye.

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    What does the TDP power % show just before it down clocks .
    Does it down clock in games and BM too ?

20. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Again, Afterburner does not perform automatic downclocking. That happens at the hardware/driver level. You can continue to 'know it all' with false bug reports, but it's not getting you anywhere.

I might have actually tried to help you if you didn't have such a piss poor attitude from the very start.