Crysis 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That little phase seems to of passed though, for a while there PostAA was the only option, recently though most games are giving you more options.

I still use PostAA as i don't have the hardware for more, especially with Crysis 3 but it's nice to have other options for when i upgrade.

2. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Still,

$1,000 CPU + $1,000 GPU = 60 fps @720p with no AA

What am I missing? This seems pretty awful.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah, I guess you're right. Makes me realize I'm actually pretty far out of the gaming loop. The only game I've played recently that qualifies as recent is Far Cry 3. Hopefully I actually start playing more stuff when I get my new parts.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Performance is weird. Doesn't seem to use GPUs to fullest and the performance goes down. TXAA seems to be much slower than SMAA(MGPU).

Not going to toy around much with taking pictures on my first playthrough.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

5. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Just finished the game and i gotta say, it was awesome. Would have preferred to played as Nomad or Psycho but it was awesome all the same.

The score gamespot gave it is just criminal imo.

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I've seen it get slammed pretty hard in a lot of reviews. I'm loving it. About to go play some more and I'm genuinely excited about that. Can't say that about man games...

7. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Yeah, i just don't get how these "professional" reviewers can score CoD great every year when it's the same old crap and yet slam this brilliant game.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Because they're whores?

9. BungRTS

BungRTS Member

GPU:
    GTX460 768MB Sli
    Well, personally I very much enjoyed Crysis1(680i - E8400 - SLI 8800GTX's), CrysisWH(680i - E8400 - SLI 460's), Crysis 2(990FX - 965BE -SLI 460's - DX11 - EXTREME Settings - 720p {NO Hi rez Textures tho} 45FPS min - played this one 6 times start to finish) and now i'm on to Crysis 3(990FX - 965BE -SLI 460's). First impressions, as I have just made it to the "Dome", "FRICKIN A1" man. So far it's "AWSOME". I was a little concerned at first about the MIN Requirements saying you NEED a VidCard with at least 1GB of VRAM as I am ONLY using a pair of GTX 460's with 768MB of VRAM, but with a mixed bag of settings and playing @ 720p, VSync ON, I am putting out 35 FPS(minimum), with it generally running above 50FPS. Before I made it into the "DOME", I was running a solid 60FPS. AfterBurner tells me that my VRAM is at 755MB(in the DOME) so thats as far as I can go with the Visuals(if I want to keep that nice framerate) until I can get my next video card, which at the moment looks like it will be a 4GB version of the GTX670. Then I can play the game again @1080p with a lot more eye candy. As the old saying goes -

" We all have Heros and Arseholes, but everyones is different."

Just my 2Cents.

Happy Gaming Folks. I know I am. :)~

Bung

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    [​IMG]

My settings in the configurator for a smooth 60 /1080.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

It's because Crytek doesn't pay for reviews unlike Activision.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Running behind Psycho in the tunnels just after the toad level and finding the Ceph upgrade kit, can't get over the water quality, and the freaking size of the Campaign maps, if you don't want to follow Pshcho there's many many other routes it seems, really fun maps indeed.

10/10 from me, i took tonight off work for the release but i've had it since monday, ah pre-order ftw in this case. I'll go online tonight and pick up my C1 copy, yes! Maximum Crysis :D

13. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Hello,
    I've had a few problems when launching crysis 3, first of all I can't have my evga precisionx enabled when running the game, it causes the game to crash with a nvidia driver has stopped working error message...
    Second of all I can't set the texture quality to very high, everytime I do, it prompts me to restart the game and when I do it reverts back to high setting of the texture quality frown.gif
    also I saw no difference between the msaax8 and no antialiasing setting, is it me or does crysis 3 have no alias at all?
    And the performance on my rig seems very unstable, sometimes I get around 120 fps, but sometimes it dips below 30, I noticed in the opening level, the section where you stleathy eliminate the first cell, if you shot down the little crane inside the oil rig house the game bugs and fps dips below 30...
    anyone having these issues aswell?

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Performance is very weird and choppy with TXAA even on medium.. Stick to msaa but 2gb of vram will be a problem on 4xmsaa

nomad is dead.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the driver crashing, framerate drops, low gpu usage, yes.
    Try disabling in-game v sync, use the frame rate limiter in the CVar configurator, and set adaptive v sync in nv control panel. (or amd equvalent)
    set in-game options first then tweak with the configurator.
    try different drivers if you have to.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    The long grass is lots of fun, see how it acts when a nade is thrown at it (at least with particle collisions set to dynamic), shooting amongst it is cool also, very reactive, the wind moves it too.

17. jdemena

jdemena Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 670gtx WF3 OC

Hi buddy, where can I get this tool?. It would be great.

Thanks.

:banana::banana::banana:

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  19. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I just finished the hydro dam missionand so far, gameplay has been good. Few downsides are that bringing up ironsight feels awfully clunky (as in, it's not just slow, animation doesn't even start for split second from pressing the button) without the optional nanosuit upgrade (but with upgrade it's smooth). And cloak overshadows armor mode in practicality just like in previous Crysis, perhaps even more because now we have a one shot kill weapon that can fire in cloak without draining the suit energy.

Those two downsides aside... nothing revolutionary, but it pretty much does everything else right. Shooting gun sounds and look awesome (not as good as SCAR gunplay from say, BF3 but I consider that exceptionally well done and this is coming close), most enemies are, beside the spawn locations, have rather complex patrol/reaction scripts to make every situation bit refreshing. Story telling so far has been miles better than previous Crysis games (aside from some funny VA quirks like when Prophet talks about how they are on train full of explosive... the way he said the line just sounded like he was mentally challenged for the moment lol).

20. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    The cvar configurator is a must! The game looks and runs better with some tweaking. Runs less choppy for me now.

Anyone know if Hyperthreading helps or hinders this game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.