SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    alientorni

good point..

2. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    and it doesn't.

SweetFX won't work when MSAA is enabled in the game. I haven't had it work with a single game yet.

3. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Try downloading older version of sweetfx (1.3 that is). I just tried v2 alpha with Future Soldier which results in game quitting back to After game report.

Log resulting in:

-redirecting IDXGISwapChain->ResizeBuffers
    -D3DX11CompileFromFile failed
    -\Tom Clacy's GRFS\shader.hlsl(79,45): error X3087: SamplerState object does not have methods

@Cronik, let's pour a clean glass of fine wine here lad, you are in a rare minority where it doesn't work. However that doesn't mean it's broken for everyone else.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  4. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    the fxaa dll of sweetfx 2 doesnt work in dx11
    you have the smaa dll in the sweetfx folder

5. wontonsoup

wontonsoup Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Looks like you need to spread out your passive aggressiveness to a few more people there bud. And I agree with all of the above... well except you. Really shouldn't be encouraging this garbage.

6. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    Yes. Well, it's turned on via the .ini but it's tough to know for sure if it's working when you also have in game fxaa + sweetfx smaa going on. Changing all the .ini files can get somewhat complicated and I'm not willing to hold peoples hands getting it to work properly. So I may release something, or not. I am still testing and when I think I have something ready, I will post it. Or not.

7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Force it in inspector. I haven't heard of a UE3 game that doesn't allow you to force MSAA\SGSSAA in inspector, and it will work a lot better than what in-game menus will allow. I can't imagine you're pressed for performance in that game, so you should have FPS to spare for some SGSSAA. The "0x080010C1" flag works great for that.

HAH! :funny:

8. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (PCSX2)

sweetFX working only under DX11 but in DX11 mode not work v_sync. Know someone how enabled v_sync in PCSX emulator under DX11? I try D3Doverrider and NvControl panel but not working.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    sorry, google translate can't detect sarcasm.

thanks for pointing out the comments were expressed correctly. i agree that this the way to comment.

you can notice that the conversation was not so when the problem went to msaa, i easily thought on 3 issues to help that guy with msaa, going down i've only saw the consequences of mistreatment in previous comments. just to say that something does not work/works is not going to help anyone.

problems with sharpening and vibrance are always around there. i like to use sweet fx, but i don't know anything on what are some shaders for, i just try and see what they do.

maybe i should shut up because some people may not care, but i think we are all adults and can resolve problems in a more mature way.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    [​IMG]

11. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    yes i know about this setting but not work for me. I solved it ... i have disabled aero and games from PCSX2 not work in real fullscreen mode. This is only "fullscreen" without window. Turn ON aero solved my problem. Now v_sync work without problems.

12. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    guys..i have a good preset for Dead Space 2 and Aliens CM but it uses FXAA in the preset
    and i think its only for Sweetfx 2.0 right..how to use sweetfx 2? i took
    the dll from FXAA folder to use it but still not working in game

13. eagleFMJ

eagleFMJ Guest

GPU:
    evga 570 1.5gb
  14. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    cant wait for some alien colonial tweaking goodness as well it really needs it like hell , sad

15. Gojden

Gojden Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Dead Space 3 with SweetFx along with MSI OSD makes the start up go black screen and nothing happens, not even 'not responding message' and I can move the mouse cursor. If I leave the dll compatibility flag unchecked in MSI OSD the game works. Any possible solution?

16. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
  17. TheMrPatrick

TheMrPatrick Guest

GPU:
    MSI R5770 Hawk
    I'm stuck now, I can't get my game to start with sweetfx. I'm trying to play Test Drive Unlimited 2 but whenever I start the game the screen goes black and immediately back to the desktop with an error sound but no popups. The log.log file is empty aside from the gamepath. I don't have msi afterburner or anything else running.

Could the problem be that it won't run as admin? Because TestDrive2.exe doesn't show an admin right icon, but I can't let it run as admin because there is no compatiblity tab in properties(thank you W8). And I have to start the game through a different .exe so I can't let the game itself run as admin.

Anyone help please? I have been searching for over an hour now.

And it should work with no problem, got the sweetfx setup from here: http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/29764-V0oDo0-Graphic-enhancer-SweetFX-1-3?p=503369#post503369

18. Kalicola

Kalicola Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 570
    Hey Johnny5: Will you be sharing those aliens settings? Looks really good actually :)

19. WINTENDO

WINTENDO Member

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Asus rog
    wow setting? confg? :)

20. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB

It's a combination of downsampling, .ini settings and sweetfx and it's more trouble trying to share it and troubleshoot everyones issues with it than it's worth. Give it some time and the community should come up with something decent that's drag and drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.