G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Where in Windows do i do that?

2. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    I just downloaded the 2K texture pack and it doesn't seem to work. I installed it in the download manager. Is there something more I need to do? It doesn't seem to be working as I'm still averaging near 50fps with 8xAA.

3. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Thank you very much. I'll be sure to revert my settings back to default. I'd rather play it butter smooth than to gain visual quality at the expense of stutters and jitters.:cheers:

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Enable HPET:
    bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

Disable HPET:
    bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Does anyone know what the variable is to increase this near fog distance in dragonborn?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127352670
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127352631
    [​IMG]

On the wood there, it's really noticeable, especially in the way it pops in big triangle areas.

That works, but it's way too far and makes it too clear for a supposed eruption.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  6. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
  7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  8. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
  9. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    True, maybe, but that's why it's a mod. It doesn't have to be like it's "supposed to be".

I would be fine with foggy weather if it looked good/immersive. But the way the Skyrim engine renders the fog on Soltheim is not to my liking at all. The way it's rendered destroys the immersion for me as graphical shortcomings of the fog render become very clear (the verry sudden shift between fog and no fog only a few meters away for example)
    So I'd rather push the fog way back.

The values can be found in:
    WorldData -> Weather
    the values I changed are DLC02VolcanicAsh01 to DLC2VolcanicAshTundra01_A.

You can change those values to your own personal liking if you wish to do so quite easy.

10. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Umm what was that "UUERRRGH" at the end of her dialogue? :wanker:

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Very nice looking...

Whats the performance on your system with those mods?

I have 2K textures, Extreme ENB mod, Enhanced DoF mod, Thicker Fog Mod, Lush grass, Lush Trees, Hi res night sky, Bigger moon, and a few others.

I average around 40-60fps @ 1080p with 8XAA. Disabling AA does not do much to be honest, give me around 5-8fps increase.

12. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    Iam taking 60fps stable and have all with "realvision enb" with some per. settings ( dof & ssao off )

13. jmikkelson

jmikkelson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wondering if anyone can help with new problem. Whenever I try to access the quick menu during gameplay, the "q" button, my game instantly freezes and I have to task manager to exit out. Only mod I am running is deathstar moon...and have been running that for months. Freezing problem just started this week. I moved the button function to "v" but still freezes instant I try to use it. Any ideas?

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Are you using any strong system protection?
    Like Comodo firewalls Defense+

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Been almost a year since I last played this game. I cant understand how dazzled and awestruck I was by it in the beginning but by level 50 had grown utterly sick of it.

Obviously a lot of effort and attention to detail went into the game to make it as good as it is, which irked me to no end when they skimped on areas like the endlessly repetitive dialogue of companions, guards, NPCs, some with the same voice. I struck out some annoying characters from the game with the command console, like the kid that approaches you every time in Whiterun with "I'm not afraid of you...". I think theres a mod to shut them up now.

Want to restart the game from the beginning, with a new character, to see if I can re-capture the spirit and fun I initially had with it.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Ever sneak up on the blacksmith lady at whiterun? I like it when she looks down at you with a scowl and says "Keep your hands to yourself!" As if you were about to sniff out her panties. :p

17. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    And that is just awesome. Whenever the fps drops below 60, even 55fps would seem incredibly jerky.

Now the game seems fluent all the time. Here, have a beer! :beer:

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Thats extremely good. I think AMD's driver still need some work then as I had a GTX480, before my HD7970, overclocked to 850/1700/2000 and it I was getting pretty much stable 60fps all the time with that card. But now with HD7970 vanilla Skyrim with Bethesdas Hi-res packs (all 3) I get 59/60fps all the time with 8XAA. Might try and enable and disable some mods, I think my extreme ENB, which I have not edited my self, has SSAO enabled so that might be pretty demanding. Also the lush trees, and lush grass mod are extremely taxing as well but they add so much foliage to the scene and make the game look so much more detailed. But I have tried it with these both off and get 55-60fps.

EDIT: What resolution you at?

19. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    1680*1050

and you must try last updates for game maybe give a lite per.

20. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    So I am having a problem with SkyUI , ... in active spells I can't seam to see the negative ones. Like when you get rabia from a rat or when you get poisen from a spider. Can any of you test this ?

maybe my skyui is broke , but I had reinstall it .