GeForce 313.96 Beta Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AMD@OPA, Jan 29, 2013.

1. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    Windows 8 sucks

2. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    [sarcastic-mode]Thx for your awesome contribution that saves the day... [/sarcastic-mode]

3. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    For Black Ops2, for my own, increase by 10% to 20% fps versus 310.90 WHQL.

Great drivers for Black Ops 2 !

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It's posts like this that really shows maturity levels of the poster.

If you want your precious super/start bar back get start8 or classic shell and stop complaining.

Don't want metro? Then just get start8 so it bypasses it and stop complaining.

You are missing out on SSD improvements along with an all around faster and more responsive OS.
    40-70 dollars depending on where you get Windows 8 from and 5 for start8 is CHEAP compared to all other OS out there, and it's the best windows yet minus metro.

5. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    You are not less offtopic for commenting on his post.

For this post being valid, the latest Beta runs quite stable on my 680M, it doesn't really improve the FPS of BF3 or AC3 but feels a tad smoother. Placebo most likely.

Also he got a point. Guess why Win8 is so cheap and still doesn't sell good.

Start8 is no cure for all the driver issues you face with various devices.

6. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    Yea, my issue must have been with an install of the driver. Skyrim is much more stable now, only driver crashing every now and then, and I only need to tab back in for it to work fine again.

I am slightly confused however. If I set Multi-display/Mixed-GPU accell to single display, like I have, the driver will do it harmless but annoying "crash" every now and then. However if I leave it at the default of Multi-display performance mode, it can go forever being rock-solid. Anyone have a clue why?

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Metro haters guys: windows 9 will probably, almost sure will have the exact same metro style, or something similar, and will an updated version from windows 8, not windows 7.

8. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    These wont let me resize desktop on 55 plasma, and no sound thru dvi to 55 plasma, they dont recognize it either like the other drivers did. When I try to resize or mess with sound in nvidia control it freezes stops responding. Only driver Ive ever had this problem with, I'm assuming will be fixed with whql's. Played my MLB nice on regular monitor but hooking to big screen is a no go, plz fix. Thx Splash

9. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    O and my card changed its a EVGA 660ti FTW SIG2

10. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    The only reason I am not using windows 8 is because nVidia's drivers still has no taskbar centered when using nvidia surround with 3 monitors.

*off topic* Regarding windows 8, Metro is horrible but there is always an alternative.....Start8 makes windows 8 as an OS probably better than 7.

11. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    Ok i wil test this Start8 lets hope it wont slow down my OS

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I have no issues with various devices?

And my post stands as is. Games run great. So don't patronize me for responding to a bad post. It's bound to get feedback with a post like that. I'm frankly quite tired of post after post of people just posting "windows 8 sucks" or this or that sucks, with no legit backing. Every time someone complains about metro and acts like there is no cure, it makes my skin crawl.

Stardock put start8 out for just these very people, and they ignore it. It doesn't cost much at all, and there is a trial that can be used. Time after time I try to tell people this.

Sure Classic Shell puts the bar back, but Start8 does way more than just that.

So you know what? Sorry I don't have 10k posts and been a member since oct 2004. I do more in my life than just gaming. But just because I'm not a regular bencher on this forum, or active in Guru3D guilds or clans, does not mean I am not trying to legitimately help here.

You wont regret it, as it doesn't slow down the OS at all. I think this is a common thing people fear, and they should not. Not hit to performance will be seen.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  13. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I get flashing black textures with this (or 310.90) in battlefield 3 campaign

14. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    I got Start8 5 euro :) tested it and its great after that i tested the new 3dmark and the score was twice so much in win 8 i dont understand why the win 7 score was zo low but i dont care any more :)

15. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

same her .. but in multiplayer !!

16. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    so which driver are you using now? IM back to 306.97

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Windows 8 sucks :)

18. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Help! I'm lost! I'm looking for the "GeForce 313.96 Driver Download & Discussion" thread? Don't know how I stumbled into another "windows 8 blah F@#KING blah" thread...

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Windows 8 is an abomination.

20. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
    But Crysis 3 runs better on Win8 (x64). FPS is very stable(Win7x64 not).