Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Just backed this at $125, I woulda spent more but i also have £150 on Elite Dangerous, Cant wait for both, Much needed in the market of generic rubbish.

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Upped my pledge to $320 for the Constellation and 300i fighters.

3. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Heya guys,

This amazing looking game has now reached $5.9 million and Virtually Every Stretch Goal has now been opened up.

There are only 2 hours 03 mins of pledging time left now and we are all hoping to hit the Grand $6 million mark and the Final Stretch Goals !

This is your last chance to pledge now and gain a a good ship with lifetime free in game insurance (can always get your basic ship with no upgrades replaced) and Free "Garaging" for any Pledged ships you buy.

Everything you can pledge for can be earnt later in game (with a Few small exceptions like as mentioned the Free Insurance and Free Garage + Pledge related decals and minor stuff) and the game is a Buy To Play game and will never have a compulsory subscription.

You folks are welcome to use my following referral link to sign up if you like:

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/?rid=35885

Gives you guys a chance to win one of the following if Lucky ^^ :

(1) Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick
    (1) 1,000 in game credits
    (1) NVIDIA GTX680 graphics card
    (1) Logitech G940 HOTAS setup
    (1) Anvil Gladiator Bomber in Star Citizen

Hope to see you in Chris Robert's new Space Sim in the not too distant future ^^
    (we are going to have to wait a while though for this good thing:
    Multiplayer Alpha 12 months
    Squadron 42 Single player in about 18 months
    Persistent Multiplayer Universe in 24 - 30Months - with never ending rolling updates from Very Hands on Cool Dev Team ^^)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  4. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    wow

Star Citizen just passed $6.1 Million with 45 minutes left to run ^_^

5. trapper_87

trapper_87 Guest

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 7970
    I just tossed on a pair of skins myself. The stress the web server seems to be under right now though is pretty crazy. I've had to re-load each page after it times out the first time. So glad to see the game is getting so much attention.

6. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    I wonder how many donated twice or even thrice lol. This is going to be one AAA space sim...or everything the guy promised to do for $3M

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    One thing i like about this game is its made for the PC and cant be made for a ****ty console. DICE need to learn from this:)

I mean wow, An unbelievable amount of money generated! A huge success for PC gaming and space sims. Publishers had better start paying attention, if a niche product like this can raise 6.2 million...the winds of change are blowing in the PC gaming industry. Crowd funding has only barely begun to scratch the surface of becoming a popular idea and we are already approaching the 10 million mark raised for a single PC game.

About bloody time we had another crysis type of game principally.

I the end i pledged $365 on this game, Worth the investment, Worth the risk.

As for anything generic i wont buy it, I wont play it, I wont even Pirate it for free, Waste of the time the majority of titles today.

8. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I pledged also, can't wait. Some of my fondest memories are playing Wing Commander on my old pentium 75 :)
    Crowdfunding is the best thing to hit gaming in such a long time. Developers are no longer under publishers iron fist, they will have the creative freedom to truly innovate. I get excited thinking about the possibilities.
    Hopefully someone makes a stealth ninja game like tenchu for the pc made to the standard of thief 1 and 2 and developed with sophisticated gameplay and pc hardware in mind. I've had this dream for years and i'm surprised noone has ever done it on the PC. (Mark of the Ninja doesn't count)

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah the great thing is the people who pledged get life-insurance for there ship(s) so if you get blown out of the sky then your ship is ready to re-use again back at the hanger.

On a side note im still backing Elite Dangerous also so far im at £150, Wont be going any higher or any lower, This is another game that HAS to be made.

10. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Just to let you guys know... RobertSpaceIndustries have re-opened the pledge ships with Free Insurance and Garage storage for a Short time more - due to their site going down and pledging being so hard during the last stretch of Crowd Funding.

I expect this will last a Max of 48 hours, maybe less. You can still use someones referral to get a chance to win some of those prizes I mentioned in the earlier post - My Referral again for any who need it:

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/?rid=35885

NOTE: that Certain Ships (the ones that are Not: Aurora, Origin 300i, Freelancer, Hornet, Constellation) will never be available to buy for cash ever again - or come with the Free Life Insurance and storage. (but can still be either captured and earned in game still)

After this last grace period, you can still buy ships etc, but it will cost a bit more and will not have Free Insurance etc. Also Alpha and Beta testing have limited spaces

You can tell easily when this Grace Period has ended as most ships will Then state they come with 6 or maybe 12 months of Insurance (at this time the Cheapest ship does not mention any insurance as it comes with none.)

EDIT: Easy Ship info on Most ships:
    http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Ships

Yeah, I would be tempted to put some money into Elite Dangerous as well, but I think you can guess where all my spare cash just went ;)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012

11. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    passed 6,2 uber cool :)

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The poster on here who goes by the name of Brasky asked me for my username and email for the referral page on Star Citizens official forum in a PM.

I told him he must have thought i was born yesterday and there was no need for him to ask for my Details.

I still have the PM from him and my reply.

Sounds to me like a potential scammer, Beware of this poster i would people.

13. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Brasky?
    As in Brasky who's the 4th top producer on G3D's folding team and frequents G3D's folding sub-forum?

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeap i presume thats the one, I dont care how much he's ****ing folded, no need to ask for my credentials in a PM.

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Sound Steven, so the more people that i refer to this game i get entered into a competition? Is that correct?

If so what could i win?

If this is the case then Brasky should have said this in his PM instead of just asking for my credentials with no explanation.

I havent checked the SC website for a while as the game is around 1 year away so i thought no need.

17. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If you log into your account and click on refer a friend option you can see the prizes. The top prize is an Alienware system, Occulus Rift and a logitech flight control system.

18. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    LOL basically what Veteran could have bought if he hadn't tried to finance the entire game personally.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I see i get it now, Just had alook, They give your your own unique url, Ill send this to Brasky.

Thanks for the info Steven.

Brasky if your reading this apologies for the confusion but im sure you can understand why i reacted in the way i did.
    Haha i may have spent alot on this game but there were people out there mainly from the USA who spent much much more than me, some spent over $5000!!

And there was a few that spend over $10000!!

Anyhow 2014 is going to be a great year for gaming with this game and Elite Dangerous as well as all the other stuff like GTA5 etc.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  20. Ralph

Ralph Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    I'm really concerned- This guy raised over 7 million for the development of this game, and there are going to be addon ships available for people to buy and some of these ships cost over $100 to purchase- WTF?