ASUS MX279H 27-Inch Full HD Monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASUS releases a new  Full HD monitor labeled ‘MX279H’ into the market. The screen is based on an AH-IPS panel, this new 27-inch LED-backlight monitor provides 1920 x 1080 Full HD ...

ASUS MX279H 27-Inch Full HD Monitor

2. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    When will they bring a 3000 * 2000 monitor ! This is what the general public want ! If it has 120 hz and 3d even better. for 3 days now I am locking for a big monitor 27 ! And I can't decide what I want ! 1440p or 3d ! Why not bring them all together?

3. General Stalin

General Stalin Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD6990
    I know I for one am pretty tired of seeing manufacturers churning out all these 27" displays with measly 1080p resolution. It's a waste of screen space if you ask me. If I'm going to be sitting in front of 27" of screen I want more pixels and more desktop real estate. The next size up is 30" ad those typicaly have 2560 x 1600 - 3" and over 2 million more pixes? Needs to be more middle-of-the-road displays. I know they make them and all... I'm just bitter and as a gamer and graphic designer; I think 27" displays with only 2 million pixels are worthless.

4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Then don't buy it...It's obviously for a budget conscious person who wants a large screen/IPS panel. It's difficult to find a 27 inch IPS at that price.

Why the hell does everyone get so worked up if a product exists that they don't want? The egotism that everyone thinks every product should be designed for them, for their tastes, their budget, their use cases is just astounding.

5. cretin

cretin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680
    Interesting. As a gamer and graphic designer this screen is perfect for me. The current influx of 1080 27s is a welcome addition imo. Probably down to my more modest hardware, but I like sticking with 1080 as a good compromise for gaming and CS.

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    LOL @ people saying those screens are worthless because of 1080p...really...

maybe some others who prefer movies and steady gaming at 60fps are aliens

1080p is the absolute sweet spot, for movies as bluray is 1080 and gaming is less demanding at those resolutions, i like enjoying something really useful...

7. General Stalin

General Stalin Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD6990
    Jeez.

Well in general the Guru crowd here likes to play games with hefty visual quality. I know I didn't build a $2500 system with a dual-core GPU and overclocked-to-hell CPU to play games at the same res as my Playstation. I guess what I'm saying is I just don't see the point in a 27" 1080p screen when there are already TONS of 24" 1080p screens. I guess if you have trouble seeing up close so the larger pixels are good for you? I understand the price point compared to higher definition 27" displays, but I just don't understand why so much more screen size for the same resolution when you are going to be sitting 2 feet from it regardless. I personally just think the influx of larger size displays with NOT larger size definition is meh. Would love to see them able to make higher-res displays more affordable instead of making more affordable lower res displays with more screen size.

For graphic design, I prefer to work with very high res images. Larger resolution displays are simply preferred for this; no two ways about it. I like to see a lot of the image at close detail. If I could afford a 4K monitor for graphics design I would be allll over it haha

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    What does it matter if you don't understand it though? You acknowledge the price point bit, so you understand that someone could want it, a 27 inch IPS at 350~ so why do you feel the need to say it's worthless when you admit you can see some value for someone.

What you're really saying is "This is useless to me" which is ok...but if everyone in the forum posted in every thread about how the product is useless to them, I don't see how we would really get anything discussed.

9. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    To be fair I just bought a 27" H-IPS 2560x1440 for $400. And, no, it wasn't a Korean import. If it comes strictly to budgets, there are better choices at the $350-400 level.

I will admit some people like the bigger, blockier, pixelated look of low-resolution large monitors. If they didn't, we wouldn't see people using 50" televisions as monitors.

10. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Sounds like its cheaper to me. This is also a launch MSRP, it will sell for less.

11. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    27" 1080, really Asus?

1440 min at that size! come on!

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    What monitor is that?

13. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    This.

14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    i always like performance price ratio guys, that matters most...

i took 6 months ago my lg 1080p 27" ah-ips panel for 259 € only...:pc1::)

i cant think why i should pay the double or triple money for 27" screen...

it doesn't make sense...and it's not i do no have the money or budget when i have a speaker-receiver system which costs much more than 3500 € :)

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    honestly the only reason I would look to buy this monitor is for eyefinity setup.. the bezel is nice and thin and would be real nice in that type of config.

16. General Stalin

General Stalin Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD6990
    That's all I'm saying! Also I agree that for $350 you should get more than 1080p. You can easily get 27" displays @ 1080p for $100 less.

Yes, of course I mean it's "not for me." I never claimed I was speaking for everyone. Actually, in my initial post, I think just about every single sentence I said "I feel ... I for one ... if you ask me." My gripe is that I wish companies would focus more development and manufacturing dollars on high-res displays and less on budget displays. I'd like to see the price of 2560 x 1600 displays go down rather than see a ton of large area - small dpi displays for short money.

17. lieutenant

lieutenant Guest

GPU:
    quad-fire 7970ge
    Oh God, if PPI is so important go take Ipad4/Nexus10 there is no something better even 30" Dell is a joke side by side clarity :D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    must admit i'd rather have 1920x1200 24inch ips than 27inch less res...

does seem a bit silly.

am waiting for a 24inch ips 120hz which i havent seen yet..(or maybe missed).

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the general public know 1080p anything highers they dont know about.... dont confuse general public with people here on a forum of fanatics to bleeding edge tech and OC happy.

1080p is what the general public knows and will stay like that for long while until TV are 1080p+ along with there precious cell phones.

Nice monitor though sad that is still 5ms I find 2 ms bad still so 5ms that has which is same my hdtv is rather unbearable. Nothing ruins a show or game more then monitor or hdtv that fails at handling motion. Which all LED/LCD fail at. CRT is still king in that domain.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013