AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 5 (12.100.17.0 February 2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    yes everything is fixed

2. Racetrack

Racetrack Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7970M 2GB
    Far Cry 3 was a mess until I spent a few hours playing with settings. It's possible to get it working ok but it takes a bit of time. The only issue I have now is fairly horrid tearing. At least AMD haven't forgotten about it.

3. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    f*k the pre-release tests, we're gonna make the users be our feedback.

4. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Hmm,, better than 13.2 Beta 3 and Beta 4 for me..

FC3 does have a decent FPS now.. and ya smooth too.

will see on other games later..

Thanx Asder00 and AMD..

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The improvements with 3Dmark and Crysis 3 are important at this point in time (and there is a flow on effect for other games etc). When Crysis 3 comes out, driver reviewers will utilise the latest drivers at the time. For AMD, this target will be 13.2. Any results with old drivers will be considered 'invalid'.

Most 'normal' people will take into consideration the performance of a graphics card in various games when making their purchasing decisions. It would look very bad if AMD fell way behind Nvidia in performance in Crysis 3 so that is their primary focus at the moment, and fair enough too! Especially since Nvidia is also focussed on the same task. Basically there will be a big run of benchmarks that people will take as fact, so you have to 'get in' first up otherwise people will always be reminded of, or even find in searches, the poorer benchmark results. Poor benchmark results will result in reduced futures sales, or the need for reduced sale price in the future, which are profit harming.

The other improvements in the driver (such as the memory rewrite) if isn't already in place, will be a feature of future betas. It could well be the case that when 13.2 final goes up, that there will be a 13.3 beta with the rewrite, or at least a beta be released once the code is considered stable and optimised internally (within AMD).

6. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    Thank you asder and AMD. :)

Sadly i'm far away from my computer, can't test this new wave of betas from last month. =P
    Guess I will have some to play with it when I get home, lol
    This and Dragonborn.

Ah, this rewriting stuff affects 6XXX users at some level or is for 7XXX users only?

7. Racetrack

Racetrack Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7970M 2GB
    Far Cry 3 working nicely with these. 1920x1080 with FXAA forced via RadeonPro. Dunno exactly how much extra fps I'm getting but the game feels a bit nicer.

8. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    XLR8 4060ti 16GB
    it also applies to nVidia despite they have MORE resources (in all means) for building drivers :banana:

tbh, the best driver-ethics I found out around, turned out to be Intel Graphic Devs' for Linux. :infinity: :pc1:

9. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    As far I know the new memory management is present in 13.2 Beta3 and later.

Also I like that AMD finally releases beta drivers. Many errors are observed and reported before final version is released.

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    so we can expect whgl before crysis3

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    already is smooth with current beta 5, whql are for stuttering bugs and low fps seekers...

12. SoniX

SoniX New Member

GPU:
    R9 290
    [​IMG]
    Minecraft Meets Black ops 2 ! lol

13. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Nope, 13.2 betas includes some frame latency optimizations for a few DX9 games, but rewrited memory management for GCN cards will be released later
    TechReport - A driver update to reduce Radeon frame times

14. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    try them out in random games, see for yourself. I dont know what changed, but ive seen smoother gameplay in even some dx11 games

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  15. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Yes, but they are speaking of first 13.2 beta which leaked three weeks ago.

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Yeah, i had experienced smoother gameplay in few games i play (Skyrim, BF3, BL2), thats true, but its done by those optimizations (buffers tweaks etc.) not a mentioned memory manager rewrite.

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    ty ty i think i will enjoy my first crysis on ati hardware

ouh happy day

18. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    AMD specifically said that they haven't releases the memory rewrite yet and that the betas we had were only driver tweaks for a few games. Later betas did fix issues with dx9 games with flickering, that could have helped too. But we have not seen the fixed drivers for GCN memory yet.

19. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    The memory controller rewrite will likely take a lot of time.

20. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    does this beta still have the random freeze during idle ?

and for people that may misunderstood, here's some extra info :
    1. during desktop usage (not playing games), my core clock is set to 300/860

2. and the freeze happens at random when i'm idling on desktop.

3. so it doesn't have anything to do with my clock during gaming, besides when i'm gaming, i set my clock depending on the game, on heavy games, i set it at max OC, but when playing light games, my clock is set between 500-860.

4. and i'm asking this, because my bandwith is very limited (500 MB/day), and because of me still downloading some of my steam games, my quota is used up before half a day, and after my daily quota is used up, to download a 200 MB file, it will take around 3 hours, that's why i don't wanna waste my times downloading the latest beta, if the issue still exist.

5. i know i'm not the only one that have this issue, because i've read someone else posted that he/she have the same issue, which is PC froze during idle.

Edit : btw i forgot to mention, that i have some texture corruption when playing the walking dead, but i've finished that game, and i don't think i'm gonna replay it at all, and well i'm just mentioning what i encounter.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013