RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flisan

Flisan Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti SLI
    Thanks guys. Really appreciate the help.
    So if i want to use 8x MSAA in a game i have to combine

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

It seems like BF3 doesn't like my 7970 CF setup, and i have to downclock my cards to get a steady FPS. So it would be great if there is a fix in the future for the overdrive section.

Don't know how many of you play BF3. But i can't use "Force A-A profile" "Force CFX profile" and SweetFX. Non of them works and if i enable one of them BF3 wont even start.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    MSAA is used by default unless you select anything else.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Not all games accept forced AA, you better stick with in-game MSAA options and if needed, use post-processing AA like FXAA/SMAA to remove aliasing from alpha textures.

Never heard of a CF setup that needs to be downclock'ed, you should fix other possible issues (high temperature issue?)

BF3 does not need forced AA or CFX profile, it works fine and you won't see any benefits by forcing AA/CFX profiles besides freezes, crashes or being kicked from an online match.

4. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    @japamd
    Did you look into the Crysis3 issue and mouse not working when a profile is used?

5. LayZ

LayZ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X
    Has someone else here faced the problem where RP is force closed on shutting down windows if it is running in the system tray...?
    It's not exactly a showstopper, but I have to remember to manually exit RP before turning the computer off lest I lose my profile settings...

6. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Closes fine here

7. Flrian

Flrian Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ X²
    Im just gonna quote myself here, since it looks like you didnt see it, japamd.

8. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN... Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7850 OC 2GB
    I'm also having Crysis 3 MP Beta crash with a profile. Origin overlay is disabled :) Hope you find a fix and thanks for the hard work.

9. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    A2: CO is just ARMA 2: OA engine + OA data + A2 data

so all you need detect is arma2oa.exe

10. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    starting to think we need to get a fund going to buy japamd games that RP has issues with...like gw2...cant get it to properly auto apply smaa without using the commandline login thats currently bugged(breaks trading house part of the time, for somepeople all of the time)

think its because the games exe is also the launcher.....

hope they start letting us give out trial keys to friends again...will have to forward him one in hopes he can fix it ;)

11. Ulukay

Ulukay Member

GPU:
    2x 7950@1.1GHz
    got a little issue.
    when playing Path of Exile with SweetFX enabled, and i alt+tab to the desktop and back into the game, sweetfx is gone. the global shortcut for sweetfx is also not bringing it back. it that an error of sweetfx or radeonpro?

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Guess what? Found no problem in detection on both Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, all features work flawlessly. Maybe that launcher is the detection failure culprit?

Tried that but can't see "Arma 2: Combined Operations" on context menu at Steam.

Yes, but couldn't replicate that bug. :(

DVC is oriented by your display refresh rate, that's why you can't change the target framerate like in DFC.

Fixed on my working build, but there is some odd issues I need to iron out before releasing it. Lately I haven't had much spare time to play with RP, but I hope to launch a new build later this month.

I've contacted Guild Wars 2 folks on Twitter but sadly did not get a word back from them.

13. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Hmm, can't see how as all it does is load the game using the normal commandline. It just helps me "compose" the commandline.

In addition, it does trigger RP and changes my MSI AB profile using the scripts, it's just the overlay that doesn't show.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Do you have Global API monitoring enabled? Can you try without the launcher to see if it works?

15. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    I have tried by launching with the normal shortcut and still no overlay.

In options I've got General - Disable API monitoring unticked and Advanced - "Disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list" ticked. Is it the latter that I need to untick to enable Global API monitoring?

16. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN... Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7850 OC 2GB
    "Fixed on my working build, but there is some odd issues I need to iron out before releasing it. Lately I haven't had much spare time to play with RP, but I hope to launch a new build later this month."

Great to hear and nice to know it should be working fully by the time the game is released.

Incidentally, I remember a couple of yrs back when using radeon pro that it used to pop something up at the start of the game displaying whether it was in DX 9/10/11 or Open GL and I haven't seen that on this build.

Is it still there or have I just missed it in the settings? Have been using Nvidia up until recently when I got an HD 7850 and starting using this utility again.

Thanks again :)

17. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Is it normal for RadeonPro 64-bit helper module to keep running even after the pop-up says exiting now? I just noticed when I go into task manager under applications it is there. Thanks!

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the dx mode graphic overlay has been removed.

You can see it on the OSD however.

19. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    Have you installed both games in the same directory?

In ArmA 2 FSB overlay work but TB don't
    [​IMG]

...and in ArmA 2:CO RP don't work :bang:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    It's the option in Settings > Advanced section, untick it to enable Global API monitoring. Starting at preview builds I left that option enforced on due to the crashes found when experimenting with new hooking engine.

Yes. It will be closed when you shutdown RP.

No, Steam installed them so I guess they're using their own directories.

TB is another story, I've explained how it works a few times before, not all games can be forced to use TB. For those cases you can either use ALT+TAB or try the option "Use advanced D3D9 forced triple-buffering codepath" in Tweaks tab.

Arma 2:CO isn't available here :(

PS: do you have Global API monitoring enabled?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.