AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 4 (12.100.17.0 January 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    another issue showed up, i was playing defense grid, and when i tried to exit the game, the game crashed, and it happens everytime i exited the game.

the last time i was playing defense grid, i was still using 12.11 beta 11, and the game didn't crash when i exit it.

and when playing defense grid, i set my clock to default 500/860 for core, because defense grid is a cpu oriented game, and when playing it, my gpu usage is never higher than 27%.

Edit : i forgot to mentioned, that since beta 3 and beta 4 is a twin (with only very minor change), so i decided to stay on beta 3, and i posted here, because i'm guessing no one is gonna read the beta 3 thread anymore.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. stigbeater

stigbeater Guest

had a few bsod when shutting windows down with these drivers.

3. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    crossfire is not being used at all for me. no profile is even associated with the Crysis3MPOpenBeta.exe

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

13.2 b4

[​IMG]

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Could you report the issue to them as well? Hopefully it's fixed. With a newer version of Defense Grid called Containment coming in the near future I want to make sure that's fixed!
    http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3F36

Also check your event viewer and report what that tells you as well.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  6. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    containment is already out about a week or two ago.

so the version i'm playing now is the version with containment.

and event viewer only said, application hang
    "The program DefenseGrid.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel."

Log Name : Application
    Source : Application Hang
    Event ID : 1002
    Level : Error

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Good to know. If you report the problem to them just let them know the errors you get.

8. CrazyInsane

CrazyInsane Guest

GPU:
    6770m
    Tried these drivers with the 6770m and intel hd 3000 . Installed and played fine until i switched from the 6770m to the intel 3000 , i get a black screen . I restarted and the black screen stayed , so the only solution was to boot in safe mode and uninstall the 6770m.
    Back to the enduro drivers

9. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    i guet hangups with this ones but nothing realy bad more faster then beta 3 but more unstable for oc

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Can you elaborate a bit more? Are you also getting freezing/CTD or something else?
    If so is the fix for you playing the game at stock clocks a fix? Did you use CCC to overclock?

11. SapientWolf

SapientWolf Guest

GPU:
    5850 Crossfire
    On the Cry 3 beta I'm getting poor Crossfire scaling and a lot of stuttering. It's playable on a single GPU but I'm getting a lot of BSOD's and driver crashes. I'm still unable to put the PC in sleep mode without the black screen crash. The last truly stable drivers I've had were the 12.7 betas.

12. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Serious Sam 3 is again unplayable.

13. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    Anybody else getting unimpressive Crysis 3 performance with this driver? I'm only using a single 7970, but the supposed "gains" are not even worth noting in my opinion when the avg fps still hovers in the 30s with 4xmsaa at very high. With AA completely off, I still get fps drops in the low 30s during big firefights in the crash site game mode. Changing graphics to high results in much more tolerable fps with no AA, with avg fps around 70, but still have those drops to mid to upper 40s even if there are only 4 or 5 of us involved in a shootout.

14. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    For the FPS drops enable triple buffering with D3DOverrider. As for the "gains" I do see a improvement from previous 13.2 B3. I have the same card overclocked 1125/1575 and with 4x SMAA/MSAA at very high I get 40-45
    which is about 10 FPS more than previous driver

15. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock

16. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    hi,

good drivers but do they support Crossfire in Crysis 3 ?

crysis 2 = 100fps in Ultra
    Crysis 3 = 45fps in Very High (1 GPU used)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  17. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    bad port lame.

18. LayZ

LayZ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X
    I hate this driver....massive microstuttering in BL2....had this problem to a much lesser extent in the alpha driver...and it was completely fixed (almost) in the Beta 3.... :(

19. Iveben Kruzen

Iveben Kruzen Guest

GPU:
    6970 x2 @ 945/1435
    Black screen / driver stop responding for Metro 2033 & Far Cry 3. Also 3Dmark 11 just won't even start, just black screen.

This happens with both 13.2 bata 3 & 4, with or with out the overclocks and both crossfire or single gpu.

Thought I would reported here since I don't usually have driver issues, and yes I did reported to AMD lol.

20. Jeepster50

Jeepster50 Member

GPU:
    ASUS 6950DCII 2GB CF
    Crossfire not working in crysis 3.