AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 4 (12.100.17.0 January 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    What does every game mean? Can you provide the names of the games you are having problems with?

2. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    Skyrim, Battlefield 3, The Walking Dead. The games start fine, then screen turns black, hole system hangs. Just Black screen of death. Then when I restart again there's a message on Windows eventviewer ==> Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0 ==> ACEEvent log says what I did post earlier.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Single card, MP results would be nice. Anyone else tested these drivers with Blackop 2?

Are you sure your chipset drivers weren't accidentally uninstalled?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  4. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF
    Metro2033 stopped working, AMD driver crash... back to Beta 3 and no problem.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Did you get a freeze, black screen then CTD?

6. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I tried everything, different chipset drivers, complete driver wipe outs, went back to cat 12.10, always the same error. I thought 13.2beta srewed up something in my windows so I used windows upgrade function to repair my Windows system files, drivers and settings. Now, I played half an hour skyrim and BF3 with catalyst 12.10 drivers and no problems what so ever. No 13.2beta into my Rig that's for sure!

7. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF
    freeze, then i need to ctrl+alt+del to close the game.

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah something is not right with the drivers in that case then.

The drivers should auto recover and take you back to desktop on their own if you didn't disable any of the AMD services. Although it takes a few seconds. But that's neither here nor there at this point. What I wanted to know is if you are also getting the freezing in game and it appears you are also.

My only suggestion in this case is to use a separate uninstall program in safe mode. Defrag the HD then reinstall the drivers. But I'm not sure that will make any difference. In that case just use the older drivers that did work.

Folks should voice their concerns. But the catalyst crew feedback is closed??
    http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D27E29B0E3

Is there a new link??
    Still looking for results in blackops 2...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  9. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Kudos to AMD, even when running at the 1 x SMAA on Crysis 3, the game feels a lot smoother and runs at a higher FPS.

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, I thought WDDM was responsible for the driver recovery and not AMD and their services? Back on XP, AMD's VPU Recovery feature however is reliant on AMD, since there is no OS feature to do so.

11. SmileMan

SmileMan Guest

GPU:
    AMD hd7950 3GB
    It's a very nice driver! Fixes my frame latency in every game! No micro stuttering anymore, even my hd6870 x2 has no problems anymore with jumping frames. :p

The only mark on this is that the previous drivers 12.11 scored 200 more on 3D mark 11, everything else, good job!!

12. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    should i download those?..or tomorrow they will release beta5 version? :lol

13. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF
    Hum, even with the beta 3 the game freeze... :D With the latest WHQL 13.1 work perfectly !

14. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 4 (12.100.17.0 January 29)

[​IMG]

15. Carbonic

Carbonic Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    Just a friendly reminder that if you find errors in the drivers you might want to consider reporting them to AMD so they actually get fixed:
    http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3F36

I know that will take the pleasure of complaining about it away, but just make the sacrifice ;)

16. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Crysis 3 beta multiplayer runs terrible with this drivers.
    the game is smooth but i dont consider 40fps with 2xmsaa to be anything special with 2x7950s @1165 cores

i guess the 50% speed boost is just for single cards. also when the frames do drop my cards are hardly using any gpu power when it happens 60% on both cards :/ whats with that ****. lol

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    No temp issues I assume?

Some games run worse with high OC's too. I've backed off my OC by 50mhz from 1200 and I actually gained FPS in BF3. It's worth a try. Could just be Frostbite engine code being stupid though.

Not sure how picky the new Crytek engine is, but could be worth trying.

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Why is beta 3, 4 causing freezing for some in certain games? What's different about 13.1 vs 13.2 betas? One thing I noticed is that with the official 13.1's it makes sure that old CCC info is deleted. I've not seen the same with the betas as my info is saved from the previous drivers.

Although it's not certain the only thing I could think of is to make sure you do a complete full uninstall of the old drivers. Win7 users should be able to use AMD's uninstall program for example.
    1. Make sure there are no ATI directories
    2. CCC's 2D Driver File Path will vary from PC to PC. So check it to find the correct key that you will manually delete later. Also, startup device manager, click on graphics adapter and verify Standard VGA Graphics. If it still reads AMD XXXX then uninstall it. Then reboot again.
    3. Go into the regedit and delete the AMD/MOM/ATI keys (make backups 1st)
    4. Make a backup of the windows graphics registry key (using CCC's 2d Driver File Path) and manually delete it in safe mode.
    5. Paste the following into notepad and save it as Filename.reg (Filename = any name you choose)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000]
    "InfPath"="display.inf"
    "InfSection"="vga"
    "ProviderName"="Microsoft"
    "DriverDateData"=hex:00,80,8c,a3,c5,94,c6,01
    "DriverDate"="6-21-2006"
    "DriverVersion"="6.1.7600.16385"
    "MatchingDeviceId"="pci\\cc_0300"
    "DriverDesc"="Standard VGA Graphics Adapter"
    "FeatureScore"=dword:000000fe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings]
    "InstalledDisplayDrivers"=hex(7):76,00,67,00,61,00,00,00,66,00,72,00,61,00,6d,\
    00,65,00,62,00,75,00,66,00,00,00,76,00,67,00,61,00,32,00,35,00,36,00,00,00,\
    76,00,67,00,61,00,36,00,34,00,6b,00,00,00,00,00
    "VgaCompatible"=dword:00000001
    "Device Description"="Standard VGA Graphics Adapter"

*Sidenote:
    Again, make sure that the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\... (above in bold) corresponds to the same location that CCC's 2D Driver File Path location. Verify that you have Device Description: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter in that key before deleting it. And, make sure it's in the same registry location to what's written in bold above before deleting that key!

6. Now click on filename.reg (again while in safemode) and allow it to add the registry entry. A popups screen should inform you that the operation is complete. Reboot PC. If all goes well you should be back up to regular desktop. Verify your graphics adapter.
    7. Reinstall drivers.

*Note/Warning: There is some risk involved in the above. You have to know for certain that your OS install has display.inf and other important information that will allow your PC to boot to desktop. This basically returns that key to what it would look like when you 1st install the OS without graphics drivers installed. The above .reg is not mine. It's something I've found and have used myself so I know it works for me (win7). However, if there are any variations you may be stuck at the windows logo. And a full repair/reinstall maybe needed.

Also, it's a good idea to make sure you backup any registry keys before deleting them (as already stated early). Place them into a fold that's easily located like C:\TempReg\.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  19. Tuoni

Tuoni Guest

GPU:
    Denise
    And?

20. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    After more testing I find 2 issues

1) I noticed that the system (Windows 8 x64) RAM (not VRAM) usage is 2.2 Gz when idle, after I boot. Previous was 1.0-1.1 immediately after boot. Maybe in not this driver fault but any confirmation/infirmation would be very helpful.

2) The overclock profile doesnt work properly - when I hit the combination key for a certain overclock profile it ups only the fan speed but not the frequencies.