Windows 8 High DPC latency Fix

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Penal Stingray, Jan 27, 2013.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    So you say but another said it was worse. So, show us some benches or frame timing charts. I hope the one guy who borked his system gets it running right again. This thread is probably still open for the entertainment value...the LOL you know.

2. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    well funny thing is u do all this talking u still haven't provided ur latency mon results with screenshots I asked u and all u did was being defensive lol. there are couple here too notice the improve performance I think von dach notice it too and couple while others seems to have bad results with so it varies on system

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Don't blame me because you're defensive when others can't replicate your claims or damage their system. Awfully defensive of you. You're the one making the claims not I. Back them.

4. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Sure ill make a bf3 64 player maps stutter free video and when u gonna post that screenshots I ask u or u just gonna lie to everyone ;) and on more thing what map would u like? in bf3 so I can test this what u called back it up lol. one thing for sure you ur self haven't back up that claim u told on this thread. "uh im idling at 1 dpc latency and make no difference when running programs and 1 us pagefault latency" like I said turn ur nic back on play video 1080i hd run Unigen benchmarks and intel burntest I just wanna see ur dpc latency so far u have fail to provide so ur credibility is bs. and stop giving me this defensive rant bs and just post the screenshots where all adults here not lil kid whining and that's starting to look like u lol.

I believe this is you back in couple threads "It makes essentially no difference. My base DPC except for the occasional spike during idle time from the NIC or HDA, is around 2-4us. Boo hoo." simple I ask 1080i video and Unigen benchmark in window mode and run intel burn test and lets see that dpc latency u claim if its right. I know I did post a screenshot running those 3 things on mine at once.

Im just going to remind you that I posted mine in the last couple pages on this thread here it is once again ;)

[​IMG]

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    LOL

Edit Thought it was only fair I include the task bar along with the time

[​IMG]
    Now what? You should avoid calling other liars kid.

6. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    not quite but ur getting there ;) but where is unigen? that's prime 95? what about intel burn test? u got the video right but those programs aren't what im looking for post that and ill post bf3 videos 64 player map stutter free with this tweak. also u only ran it for 3 seconds I ran mine at 2:03 seconds so it would be fair to run it the same way ;)

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Don't care. I made my case. Now, put up or shut up. That is the least you can do for calling someone a liar, kid.

8. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    and again u failed to provide ur credibility so if ur boss ask you to scrub the floor instead u piss on them? and that's what you just did there lol

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Says the guy who makes fake driver threads. You're a joke. Now run along before your antics get you removed.

10. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    U mad bro? lol well lets say for once u have failed to provide credibility that's fair enough :)

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Mad? Amused. BTW, for all we know those were just static images you posted and not a single app was running. Fake driver thread, fake claims. Seems legit.
    Now really, I'm bored if you've got nothing more than the same noise. Post up a video on Youtube or something.

12. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    how do I know urs is not fake? ;) im uploading it to youtube now ;) this is sad he talks all this crap and failed to provide his credibility lol by the way im uploading 12 gigs 4 minutes of bf3 on 64 player maps it should be up tomorrow :)

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    the worst thing that may happen is no improvements at all like me, but it cannot destroy your stability or introduce any lag...ffs!!! :bang: seriously get serious whoever claims that a simple command meant for desktop rig is bad

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Just a question Pen, is your Windows 8 fully updated?

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Do you have a link or anything to put any weight into this? I'm just curious.

Things that aren't meant for SSDs get turned off as soon as the system detects an SSD. I'd imagine mobile stuff, in general, would be handled accordingly.
    Maybe Technet has something on this.

Edit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2727113

16. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    You might wanna check out BF3 maxed out running on 4 cards there's not one single micro stutter on it. don't forget to put it to 1080p for better picture quality enjoy ;) its even smoother when u play it in personal since its being recorded by msi afterburner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnyAiyAKJk

17. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    I have all the updates installed all it did for me was stop certain freezing issues but dpc is still high im just gonna leave it disable and enjoy smooth gaming. like I said if ur DPC is already low around 20 ish and below there Is just no point of disabling it but if its around 100 to 500 ish disaling drops ur dpc latency big time well this tweak might not work for other but it did work for me and couple people here already.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Mine is at a stable 500 with dynamic tick enabled and jumps around between 10-50 when it's off.
    I'd yet have to see a big difference in gaming though (no issues either).

19. Lodingi

Lodingi Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX650ti 1 gig
    Here's mine. Ugh. Now what do I do?

[​IMG][/IMG]

Here's the result after trying the op's tweak. Still blows.

[​IMG]

20. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    jesus christ those are some insanely high pagefault you have there lol. but on the bright side your nvidia driver latency drop from almost 600 to only 100 ish thats pretty good. if u notice less stuttering in games without any problems i suggest leave it off but if it dont make no difference to you just leave back to where it was, this tweak has different results on different system.