Adjusting Fan Speed - GTX560Ti Top

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bob4432, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bob4432

bob4432 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti Top
    what is the easiest way to automatically adjust the fan speed/temp ramp on a Asus GTX560Ti Top DCII gpu? In the past with my 4850 I had to modify the firmware of the card and change the fan profile, then reflash the gpu. is this the same method I will need to do on the GTX560?

reason being is that the card has 2 80mm fans on it, and during heavy gaming the temp is reaching 80C, but the fans are only going to 50%. i understand this is probably fine for nvidia's reference design, but knowing heat is a killer for elelctronic devices, i would like to limit it and since i game w/ headphones on the fan noise will not bother me.

i would like to bump it so the fans may go up to 60-70% @ 70C or so so the card does not get to 80C - no need to put undue stress on components.

thanks in advance,
    bob

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    use MSI afterburner.

3. SumLeetNub

SumLeetNub Member Guru

GPU:
    yes
    ^^Like he said, use afterburner. Click the Settings button, click the Fan tab, tick Enable user defined software automatic fan control. Adjust settings to suit.

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Could u upload an copy of your BIOS? I will look into it and See if this Fan speed is locked in The BIOS. If Not i also recommend afterburner to make an Manual Fan curve..
    But There is an Chance that The Max Fan speed is 50% Set in BIOS. If this is The case. I can unlock it for u.

Greetz
    Send from sk17i

5. bob4432

bob4432 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti Top
    i looked at the bios in nibitor and while locked down, fan speed is set between 10-100%, so that is good. if you still want the bios i can upload it.

i haven't d/l afterburner yet as i have been a bit busy but will within the next day or so.

thanks for all the assistance :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  6. SumLeetNub

SumLeetNub Member Guru

GPU:
    yes
    The fans on these cards are fine, just like on bob4432's theyre set to 10-100%. He just needs a fan curve setting up. I woulda posted a lil screenie how i have mine setup and they keep the cards cool without being overly loud, but I dont have an account with 1 of them picture post-it website jobbies (ive forgot wot theyre called, im tired and just finished work..thats my excuse n im stickin to it :frown:).

I have my like so. Fan speed% is the first number then temp is the second (obviously)

100*80
    95*70
    90*65
    80*60
    60*55
    40*45
    35*40
    30*30

HTH

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  7. bob4432

bob4432 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti Top
    thx, will copy those numbers/settings as they look good to me :)

8. SumLeetNub

SumLeetNub Member Guru

GPU:
    yes
    Its a pity ya dont have an SLi board, these cards run nice in SLi

9. bob4432

bob4432 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti Top
    i do have an unused 680i xfx sli 775 board....must resist, unless i find another matching 560ti for the deal i got this one for :banana: