GeForce 313.96 Beta Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AMD@OPA, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Mac.Sniper_E.

Mac.Sniper_E. Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670-dc2-2gd5 (OC)
  2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Well that Smooth VSync option is basically useless... it does correct microstutter but causes huge swings in framerate. Everytime a frame is missed it drops to 30fps then slowly climbs back to 60fps.

I'll just stick with regular VSync thanks!

3. nature1ders

nature1ders Guest

GPU:
    Crucial
    I fixed my issues with the Windows 8 crash after using these drivers. Unfortunately I had no way of bypassing Safe Mode or fixing anything with 8 even when I knew 7 would be so much easier. In the end I took the loss of data from the main hard drive, bookmarks etc. I want to thank you for ruining my life Nvidia, this time......

Do you know how long it will take to reinstall everything I had?! a week!

I will never again use beta drivers knowing 8 is so impossible to troubleshoot.

4. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    From what I read it seems to work better with adaptive VSync, which funnily enough also doesn't cause tearing in this constellation iirc. It can cost some FPS, but that are the FPS you would normally lose to microstuttering. Maybe somebody can figure this out, at least you could try that. It's being discussed here:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=9635361#post9635361
    Beneath that he posted framegraphs, I'll direct him here, maybe he can shed some light on this.

5. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Still dual booting Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8 x64.

Crysis 3 runs like garbage on Windows 8 compared to 7. 15-20 FPS less across the board. Had no problems installing 313.xx on Windows 8 though.

6. aufkrawall

aufkrawall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC 2-Way SLI
    It causes tearing when framerate is under refreshrate just like adaptive vsync is supposed to do. :)
    Of course then there isn't tearing when framerate matches refreshrate.

Yep, microstuttering was completely gone for me with average 15% less fps.
    In the thread at 3DCenter someone is complaining that it doesn't always work right for him (behavior like with double buffered vsync), but he's with Fermi, not Kepler.
    Dunno how well it works in general, but for me with GTX 670 SLI it has just worked fine until now.

Edit: Crysis 1 with DX10 SLI is stuttering for me in general btw., new vsync doesn't fix this. I tested with DX9, there it eliminated SLI microstuttering.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  7. Powah

Powah Guest

GPU:
    sli gtx 780
    open up inspector after installing the beta driver
    go to add application and go to the crysis 3 open beta install directory and add the exe and click apply. Your gpus should now run on max or at least mine did

8. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Thanks for clearing that up.

9. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    You are the only joke here and the likes, any beta driver installed on win 8 will crash after boot if u uninstalled previous driver without rebooting 1st/ or didnt disable driver signature enforcement;

IF somehow u like testing beta drivers, u can disable the driver signature right from console, open elevated cmd prompt and type :

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Reboot and you're set.

10. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti

yea i coudnt get into safe mode or refresh windows after the driver failed the first time and i tried to reboot windows. lost 500 gigs of data, now on fresh windows 8 install. funny thing i still couldnt install the "fixed" version afterwards neither. i tried 300.83.306.97 and 310.90 and all installed perfectly. just this driver refuses to work on my card

11. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    you sir are a retard. there is no need to disable anything, never needed to in the past. i have been running multiple beta drivers for past 4 months with no problems, in fact i have been updating to every new driver avaialble each time. this is the 1st one i had a problem with, and i wasnt the only one with issues. so shut your mouth and dont talk ****

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  12. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    NVIDIA drivers are indeed signed. Don't compromise the security of the operating system with unnecessary boot options.

13. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    I've do ;-), I have install windows 7 because windows 8 cause many problem in overclock, its not stable in overclock.
    Thank you for advice

14. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    If your overclock is stable then its stable, no matter what OS you are using.

15. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    Nvidia throttles Geforce 400 Series lately, everything after 306.63 Driver.

And with this driver Nvidia throttles my 460 Hawk hard.

I get with 313.96 in Guildwars 2 14-18 fps on High settings with Sweetfx Outdoor.
    Now i roll back to 306.63 from Tweakforce now i have 60-72fps on same Settings.

I think i stay with this driver until i replace the Card.

16. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    Just installed on Win 8 x64 pro.
    No issues at all, no installation issues or freezing.

Oh and FC3 is much much smoother. Haven't tested on any other games yet.

17. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    These drivers together with .95 suck big time, I get driver crashes while gaming on one card and Folding@Home on the other card, no matter wether I'm at stock or overclocked.

Rolled back to 310.90 WHQL, all issues gone.

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    was watching a movie in flash and computer bsod blaming nvidia drivers.

19. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Thanks for that, it's working fine now. The name of the EXE file in the profile was different, now both GPUs run at 99% all at Very High and 2xSMAA with minimum FPS of 70, average around 90-100 in that swamp/jungle map.

4xTXAA performance is highly disappointing though, I get minimum 45 with average around 55-65. Didn't even bother to test with MSAA since I know it's going to be poor.

20. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Got a BSOD with these, Video TDR something something as error code, never seen that one before in BSODĀ“s? Also, still, as always, nvlddmkm.sys giving me high dpc problems, cant understand why? Also same .sys file that was the bsod file.