ccc.exe memory increases every opening ( all Users ) fixed from kevsamiga1974

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by paradis_pal, Jan 22, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you make it sound like this fix for the op is a waste of time.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Just in-case anyone missed my edit, here's a video of me opening/closing CCC and observing the memory usage (private bytes) with Process Explorer: http://youtu.be/ojEYBpZBFZM

3. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Nope.

____

4. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Not even close. See above screenshots posted, try 2gb m8...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013

5. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    Oh...

____

6. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    oh indeed... :eyebrows:

::Edit::

And just to add, it's now nearly 3 hrs later and the commit size of CCC still sits over 2gb and hasn't been expunged even though it's been closed for the same amount of time. Errr....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  7. paradis_pal

paradis_pal Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI mobile 5650
    as I've seen your screen,I am pretty sure you have the problem, it is just you didn't check the correct memory, try just to read just the post in front of yours

I am also pretty sure that you have it in the 3 rigs, with both w7 and w8, you can prove me wrong only if you show me a video like this
    kevsamiga1974

don't bother reply anymore, as long you fix your PC, it is enough for you and me, for people who doesn't want to admit there issues with ccc.exe, it is there problem :)

all should thank you for your analyst, and of anyone uses your program should buy you a bear, I owe you one :) if you visit Moscow one day you can PM me :)

8. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    I don't have a problem because my computer runs fine, as expected.

9. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I don't drink, but I do play chess.. :)

10. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Just end process for
    • MOM
    • CCC

Then play happily ever after.

11. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    In some ways your forced to use CCC leaks or not, without resorting to registry hacks to control things like Digital Flat Panel GPU screen scaling etc for a default install without CCC.

Or you can just set all the options and uninstall it instead if you don't want to use CCC.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  12. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    yet at least in the past, if you remove CCC you loose app profiles and thus loose perf and bug fixes in alot of games.......

13. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Oh dear...I'm sorry but I must correct your false information because it's not only misleading, it's also completely 100% wrong. Infact you don't lose anything performance or bug fix wise by not using CCC. It was never designed this way.

It's actually the drivers themselves that pick up and make use of the game/app profiles installed, not CCC being included/loaded/unloaded or not. Don't know where you got that information from.

It's just not CCC's job. CCC just allows you to create user ones and change some settings. (of which user ones are saved in a seperate file), but still picked up by the drivers themselves in any case.

You have APP profiles being used already included in the system .blb file as part of drivers ever since Catalyst 10.2 and rolled back from the CAPS every successive driver release whether you bother installing later APP profiles or not, or whether you want caps or not, or whether you infact have CCC installed or not. Doesn't make one blind bit of difference.

And the 10.xx series as an example offered driver only downloads as well as offering also the caps (no CCC) and still worked correctly in crossfire using *driver only* with all the fixes/improvements of the CAPS without any CCC installed.

The app profiles are still installed regardless of removing CCC as you see in add/remove programs, and are *still* applied and utilised by the drivers themselves regardless of CCC and applied to apps/games the same as they always are, even if the CCC is infact totally removed. CCC is a control center for settings, it's not there to fix bugs or improve your performance. The CAPS do that, and you don't need CCC to still run or *apply* the CAPS on apps/games.

Was always this way in the past, and is still working exactly the same way today i'm afraid, just to put to bed this little misconception of what is suggested being actually lost by removing CCC straight...

The only thing like I said that might be a problem not using it is DFP scaling (which can be fixed with a registry hack anyhow), but certainly you don't lose any APP profiles being applied by not using CCC. No, not at all... :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  14. Hakaslak

Hakaslak Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970M 2GB
    I've had it leak on my laptop, and it goes all the way up to 20GB of ram used.

I closed it just now sitting at 2GB or so used. It's definitely still a problem that exists. THe odd thing is that it consumed tons of memory without ever being opened, not too sure what is even instantiating it.

Catalyst 13.8
    7970m
    CCC 2013.0723.1944.33607
    Server 2012 build 9200

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  15. wweeii

wweeii New Member

There is a different workaround about this issue.

The only part of CCC that increases the commit size is the UI.
    Normally CCC launches the UI on a separate thread but within the same process as its core (which actually handles all the display/3d/video settings etc).

Go to registry (remove the Wow6432Node for 32bit Windows)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ATI\ACE\Backup\Settings\MOM\Components]

Change the "Dashboard" value from 0 to 1

This will allow the CCC UI to be run on a separate process than the CCC core components.

If you do this, you will see that CCC normally run one ccc.exe process, but when you launch the UI, you will see 2 ccc.exe running. As soon as you close the UI, the ccc.exe that runs the UI will be gone as well. The CCC core's process doesn't use that much memory and won't increase its commit size.

Downsize to this is that launching CCC UI will be much slower since it needs to reload all the stuff everytime you open it.

16. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Very good advice there...and nice find... :)

A small price to pay (and the delay should be negligble on a fast enough machine) for curing the horrendous CCC commit VM usage.

17. paradis_pal

paradis_pal Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI mobile 5650
    this is it, thanks, that should be the default option for ccc thanks, I should update the first post in case someone look it up can find it helpful.

now its ram usage stops at 45mb not 100mb and will not increase, because it will run a separated processes while starting up the system

Edit : just a question, how did you look it up?

kevsamiga1974 you are always the man thanks for everything.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  18. leshcat

leshcat Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770
    Same happens on win7, win 8 and win 8.1 CCCs?

19. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I also want to ask this
    The process is always interesting than result. :)

20. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    For any driver you are using if you want a permanent fix installed as default for every time you install your drivers no matter which one.. (ie. no memory leak from CCC) first unpack driver you want to edit :-

1. Download and install orca .msi editor.

2. Open up ccc-core-static.msi in orca found under /packages/apps/cc2/core-static/

3. Scroll down the left hand panel where it says "Registry" and in the right hand pane under registry should be an entry something like :

Registry | 45 | 2 |SOFTWARE\ATI\ACE\Backup\Settings\MOM\Components | Dashboard | 0 | CCC.exe_local

4. Change the relevant entry of Dashboard 0 to Dashboard 1.

5. Save the edited .msi from orca and overwrite the old ccc-core-static.msi

6. Install/re-install edited driver and your all fixed. No more leaks. :)

This can be applied to any catalyst driver package you care to edit before installation, and permanently fixes the bug "before" installing. Have fun and happy editing...