Fx 8350 rocks

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by DigitalKilla_FL, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Not going to make you stop, but going to give you a bit of advice, read the thread first before making comments, don't want you to look silly in a public forum. Don't worry bro I got your back gee

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. CreationP

CreationP Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB DDR5
    Well, it's funny how a "fanboy" is calling other "fanboys" using the negative term of the word.

I would suggest the OP to make his own research before posting just 1 (!!!!) website claiming something different than the other 1k websites.

3. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    even if these benchmark are wrong he did say something very clever, as you buy an intel CPU much more expensive to get 150fps instead of 100fps or to hav 1000pts on 3Dmark 11, who care, how many people here use these benchmark for professionnal use? as sykosis say it's more to see who has the "biggest" than real playing comfort.

4. CreationP

CreationP Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB DDR5
    Do not forget that something that might be good now it won't be tommorow when new things come out. It's better to pay 30-40 euros more and get something that can withstand 2-3 more years than having to replace it fast.

5. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Its funny How much people get wrapped up in these conversations. Its always vs in these forums. Sometimes i wonder if going to the 3570k from 1090t was a mistake since next gen of cpus from intel will use a differant socket.... Adding to my cost of upgrading thank god i still have my am3+ board around here so if steamroller is smoking i can just hop on over to that.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  6. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
  7. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    i totally agree with you but i was still using a PII 965 and a asus MA79 deluxe with ddr2 till one month ago and i was still able to play all game at 1080p with high settings (without enormous FXAA and some eye candy too), so who need that much power when games can't use half of it. And most user here won't keep their rig for more than 2 year without changing a thing.

8. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    You're exactly right on the forums. I try not to get caught up in the battles, but sometimes I let myself get roped in. I'll try to prove a point, some don't agree or understand and then it turns into a deathmatch lol.

The socket thing is part of the reason I did not go for Intel. Although they're the top performer, they switch sockets more than a john switches condoms. AMD sticks with a socket for a while, so you know you have an upgrade path without having to shell out for a new board entirely. Did you hear Steamroller got pushed back to 2014 though? That sucks.

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    my cpu is nearly 2 years old. theres still a wide range of processors on the market namely Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge cpus are still readily available. 2 years later there is still many cpu`s available on socket 1155. all will work on my 2 year old motherboard

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    amd sticking to sockets is another reason they arent moving forward much at all. bulldozer > piledriver 10%. expected improvement for steam is 10%, excavator 10%. then a new socket.

11. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That article is rather old now. Intel has stated that they will continue the use of sockets for mainstream and enthusiast class processors. Only entry-level Intel processors will move to BGA.

13. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    this review is just fine and is meant for those that have no ideea what to do. The fact that intel pays big cash$$ to a lot of retailers and here in germany Media Markt to put their products in a better light ... is not new. Intel has some ad$vantage in different internet reviews is also clear.

But for me upgrading to 8350 was the best I did in my last years of computer build:3eyes:.

I had the X6 1090T and sold it with 120 EUR on ebay. I bought this FX 8350 with 177 EUR and I think it is a no brainer that all in my position would do that and kak intel. For 57 EUR more I do blu ray to mkv coding @ 26 FPS (from around 15 with X6) in games is much smoother and overall computing experience improved alot.

14. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Well said.

15. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    that is just fine as my FX 8350 can get a run for his money. Now I'm perfectly satisfyed with my FX and did not intent to switch it soon. I'm looking forward to Steamroller too and 99% certain that in 2014 I'll sell my actual CPU on ebay put <100 EUR and buy the new CPU as it cames.

I really hope AMD will get their kaka together and start make some cash$$ with their CPU but also the future Xbox and SP3 where they bid their 8 core CPU platforms. I read somewhere that they push Steamroller back as the sales for Pilledriver are going quite well and they need time to fine tune the platforms for Xbox and SP3 which is not a bad thing.

I wish them again a cash$ blast as we need competition in this world.

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Grats on the new status under your your screen name

17. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    pika pika pikachu fx 8350 <O.O>

18. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I knew it was going to happen sometime..

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Should have happened before now....

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    too bad its only 2 weeks worth of ban time