MSI Afterburner 2.3.1 (2013-01-23)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jan 23, 2013.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    If you need voltage control then it seems anything after 2.2.3 will not work on PE versions .

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Hi Unwinder

Can I ask you question on 2.2.3 with displayed voltage in GPU-Z , when raising the core voltage to say100mv just for example . I notice GPU-Z shows same voltage under boost (1.175v ) , AB I can not get voltage to display/show on graph .

Now the wattage use does go up so it does seem to work fine and other all use 2.2.3 with good results but why does it not sure any voltage change.

Does it some how add this added voltage on top of default regulator and thats why GPU-Z shows no difference ?

3. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I commented this A LOT of times, so search could easily give you the answer. uP6262 adds offset to output voltage of the primary VRM on Hawk/PE series cards. GPU-Z doesn't support reading from uP6262. GPU-Z displays wrong values.

5. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    How can I disable and get rid of OSD? It crashes a few games.

6. Unwinder

OSD doesn't crash games, combining it with third party hacked D3D DLL libraries does and there is compatibility option for that. There is profiles lust in the OSD server alliwing you to define exceotions. And finally: RTFM ;)

7. k2mil

k2mil Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680 GTX Lightning OC
    Quick Question regarding video capture. In previous version 2.3.0 I have audio soure#1 selected to 'auto select' and it would would not record the sound of my friends talking over on mumble. Now with 2.3.1 with same settings it records it. I'm not recoiling changing any settings or maybe I'm missing out on something I would appreciate any help in solving that issue.

8. Mac.Sniper_E.

Mac.Sniper_E. Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670-dc2-2gd5 (OC)
  9. Mac.Sniper_E.

Mac.Sniper_E. Guest

GPU:
    Thx.

Beside the post off hulawafu77 i read many problems when using OSD on other forums. I'm not saying this is a general problem... but just replying there's is NO problem will not help the community either.

I don't use hacked DLL's!

Just my 2 cents

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  10. Mac.Sniper_E.

Mac.Sniper_E. Guest

GPU:
    I will investigate this...

11. Unwinder

You read things on forum and I know this thing from inside. If you beleive that you know it better, just don't use it and create your own "stable" OSD.

12. Unwinder

There are no changes in this area and it is technically unable to split those sounds unless you play them via two different audio devices. So your "in previous version it wouldn't record unwanted sounds" is 100% placebo, sorry.

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Thanks , I did read some on this I know from some other posts lightening added to the reference regulator but didn't know PE did it same way .

I guess there no way now to read the voltage since it no longer supports regulating it in later versions .

Anyway thanks for help/answer .

14. Unwinder

MSI uses the same offset voltage control via uP6262 on most of PE/Hawk series cards. On each of those cards GPU-Z will display base voltage only and it won't be correct because there is additional VRM adding offset to it.
    BTW, similar to 680Lightning, voltage control on any 6x0 PE can be also easily unlocked via CFG edit on 2.2.4 on newer build.

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    could you provide link or line to use .
    Also are we talking about RTcore.cfg or MSIafterburner.cfg file needs editing

I think someone posted some line to add for lightening but others with 660ti PE said it wasn't the same. I have to find that post to read it again .

16. Unwinder

Neither RTCore.cfg nor MSIAfterburner.cfg. We are talking about hardware profile files (VEN_10DE.... files located in Profiles subfolder).
    Both 670 PE and 660 PE with uP6262 VRM can use the following modifications:

[Settings]
    VDDC_Generic_Detection = 0
    VDDC_uP6262_Detection = 4:30h
    VDDC_uP6262_R1 = 1000

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    thank you very much .

will try this out .

Ed

18. Unwinder

I've just finished adding new NVIDIA hardware support to 2.4.0 and submitted beta version to MSI. They will ensure in cooperation with NVIDIA that new GPU and new overclocking techniques works properly. One more thanks to NV for actively assisting both MSI and EVGA software development. One more "thanks" to AMD for _never_ doing the same.

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    That worked fine with power usage going up now with core voltage .

Is there anyway to get core voltage to showup for graph ?

I have it enabled in general settings Unlock voltage control and monitoring but voltage never shows in list to enable it in monitoring tab .

20. Discordia

Discordia Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX670 FTW 2GB
    What happened to the Power Control option?

When I install 2.3.1, the Power Control option disappears from the General properties tab. When I reinstall 2.3.0, it returns. Has it been removed? If so, why?