Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Google Nexus

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by MasterBash, Jun 30, 2012.

1. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Was it Samsung direct or a service centre they contract out?

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Both, first one they contracted then their "official" one in Quebec, they don't have one in Ontario.

3. Schwarz621

Schwarz621 Guest

GPU:
    4GB
    In the case of Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Google Nexus i would like to prefer Google Nexus cause it's have some good feature than Samsung Galaxy S3.

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    you get all the updates for android very fast on galaxy nexus, it is already updated to Jellybean, but that is about it, does not even have Gorilla Glass because of the curved screen. Spec wise, it's like comparing an S2 (galaxy nexus has almost same hardware) to S3

5. Schwarz621

Schwarz621 Guest

GPU:
    4GB
    Yeap lol i agree with you for what you say :)

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    any comments for LG Nexus 4?

7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Fast, fluid device for a pretty good price (if you can get it from the Play Store). The only issue is the fact that the device is constantly out of stock. I was lucky enough to order it and got it 2 Fridays ago.

deltatux

8. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I still don't understand the "yee haw" over this device? Sure it's a nice device but the lack of storage is ridiculous. 8 and 16GB?!?!?!? For someone who likes having media on the go (e.g. airplane travel you can't use cloud streaming) forget having entertainment. Plus, if you like gaming on Android (I don't) good luck installing some of those games with the crazy install sizes. I know Google has their reasons for not including SD slots on their Nexus lineup anymore but if you're going to do that at least offer monster storage size. Flash memory is cheap these days.

I have a Nexus 7 and it was a downright necessity for me to buy the OTG cable and a 64GB USB key to make it reasonable for travel.

With that said Galaxy S3 for this thread (I own the S2 still though).

9. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    That's really dependent on person. I have most of my music collection that I listen to on my 16 GB device (about 4.5 GB of music, I don't have a large library), haven't complained one bit. As for games, I have a tablet to game with and pretty much it. What sold me was that it was stock Android with the ability to mod the device with ease. It came factory unlocked (SIM-wise and that's pretty big in Canada since everything's locked down here) and the fact that it was only C$422.66 after tax and shipping.

The only complaint is that there's a slight buzzing in the earpiece but I can only hear it if it's perfectly quiet around me and if I concentrate. If it bugs me, I can RMA it within this year, Google offers advanced RMA so I won't be out of a device if I choose to RMA it.

deltatux

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Device is available here since today cheaper than s3 not much but still

The back side looks so stylish glass and dots combination. Man I like the style. Need to hold the device. That 3d photo shooting app looks awesome too.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    the phone has issues i think after watching many review videos, and yesterday i visited a local store and tested myself. and yes, the touch sensitivity is not that good. it doesn't register at all sometimes..u need to PUSH a bit to register your fingers. and google chrome has issues too. zoom in and out doesn't register. i think related to touch screen. its like capasitive & resisitive combo.

edit: and the phone size is better than S3 for me. it is easier to use with one hand than S3. dont know why.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  12. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    iPhone 5 has similar issues too, it's because the digitizer has been fused into the LCD panel, it's less sensitive than the traditional method where there's a separate digitizer on top of the LCD panel.

You don't need a lot of pressure to actuate the on-screen buttons so I'm OK with it. Google Chrome always was buggy, nothing new there. I use the stock Android browser, a lot faster. However, once Google Chrome for Android v.25 comes out, it'll be a lot better since it uses the same code as Chrome found on the desktop.

deltatux

13. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Just got my Nexus 4, seems fast and fluid, it is cheaper than the S3 so I would recommend it, the S4 is out soon though

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I'm crazy as my wife saying. Well sold my gaming rooms console TV and bought a nexus4. Yeah I recently bought is Nokia Lumia phone. But as I love technology I want to test Nexus 4

I already gave my wife the lumia 920 and put her 820 to sale. And her iPad 3 to sale too.

Anyway. This is the best android device I ever had. S3, note2. Can't match to this. This is pure awesome. And the size is what I was begging for. The phone looks stylish. 2 of my friend who saw this already attracted by design. But they are iphone5 luxury obsessed geeks, it is hard for them to move on nexus4. Well I keep my ip5 but won't be prisoner of it lol.

I strongly recommend this phone to android lovers.

This led blinking has issues I think. It's works randomly or not. U know missed calls etc will make led light.

Edit. Nope meld notification is notmworking with missed calls but works with whatsapp chats. What the hell :(

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  15. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    LED Notification works here, maybe a custom ROM will fix it? I'm using the XenonHD ROM for my Nexus 4.

deltatux

16. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Here with at&t the nexus 4 doesn't support 4g lte, I love my s3 btw.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm.

I'm afraid to so that kind of stuff man. By the way, it worked for hours again. But now not working. Motherfcking issues.

And my nokia wireless charger works with nexus 4 but not properly it keeps connecting and disconnecting. Damn. So not working :(

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  18. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Just follow instructions line by line, it's very hard to brick a Nexus device. Only did it once (to my Nexus S) but I was just experimenting with something but still managed to recover it.

deltatux

19. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    what is the best notification app, on that will show number of unread messages on whatsapp etc. Using Nova launcher but doesn't seem to show up

20. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    did you install the notification add-on for NovaLaucher?

deltatux