G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    A brilliant idea for a mod;

The Quest for the item starts of while wearing some innocent looking boots and is cursed/struck to the hero till some quest is completed (after which the boots can be worn or taken off).

Boots will have a unique power to randomly teleport the hero (fasttravel to xxxx,xxxx,xxxx coordinates on the map, as a piggy back) at set intervals.

-----
    Edit

We also need a mod which gives funny text quotes when the hero dies, as per related circumstances.

Example:
    1. Falling down a cliff and dying, would generate a funny text quote in a dialog box like "The future savior of Skyrim, decided to take a leap of faith?".
    2. Getting killed by arrows shot by NPC's.."Took an arrow to the knee?"
    3. Getting burned by a fireball spell or fire.."Never play with Fire"
    4. Getting shocked to death.."Never get overcharged over hundred million volts"

etc..(haha)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's just about two months of exclusivity, apparently it was the same with Dawnguard though Hearthfire being a bit smaller was only one month exclusive (And delayed one additional week apparently.) shame they couldn't just have said for how long the exclusivity would be but I guess they can't talk about contracts and such.

4. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Starting to pee me off to be honest, all this exclusive DLC crap for 360. Ah well, could be worse I guess, PS3 owners are still waiting for Dawnguard!

5. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Now I know what I want for my birthday. :)

6. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
  7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
  8. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Dragonborn, should be pretty amazing

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i dont like the fact you point and click to fly around instead of using wasd

10. radi.sarenovsky

radi.sarenovsky Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD Something
    I've got to admit, seeing the dragon riding on the xbox was pretty anti climatic.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  12. Lawlzfest

Lawlzfest Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7870/GTS 450
    That is what is great about Steam though. They have great offers, and they have them all the time. If what you want isn't on sale wait a couple weeks.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    My character got her head cut off in a sword fight with a bandit... I sat there in shock for like 5 minutes afterwards.. didn't even know that could happen..

*____*

14. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    It happens when fighting a boss and you're low on health (about 20% or so). If you're on PC you can use The Dance of Death setup spell to stop bosses from doing this. (or lower the chance if you're risky)

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    If something is wrong they will have a bugged release while we get the final product :p

16. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Guys I need your help. It's been a year since I last played Skyrim, but I've upgraded my PC and I never finished the game so I installed it today.

I maxed out the config file. Game looks okay ... but the distant terrain looks absolute garbage. No detail at all. Obviously I have no graphic mods at all here. This is where it gets tricky as I see 100's of graphic mods.

Which are the best high-res mods to use? Best distant terrain mods? I need help here! ; - )

17. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    High Quality Level of Detail; to enhance the distant terrain mesh.

High res lod tree textures; you could also use Vurts fauna overhaul, which is a fantastic mod, but after version 1.10, the grass he uses is terrible imho.

enhanced distant terrain; adds a bit of noise to the distant textures. There are a few options available, so check for yourself which you prefer.

18. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Thanks Gromulhl'Djun. Long username. :D

As far as high-res textures go, would the Skyrim 2k textures be the best option or are there others that you would prefer?

19. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    That's very subjective. I personally dislike a lot of the 2k textures, while also liking a lot of them. I ended up using textures from different texture packs that I liked.
    This takes time, but I like the end result.

The Dwemer textures from 2k are way too weathered for example. And then a lot of the landscape textures are lacking depth.
    I use a combination of the Bethesda high res texture pack, the 2k textures, a different pack for the rocks (can't remember which) and some better snow textures (also can't remember which exactly :S).
    Conclusion; I tweak too much :p

Don't forget to use SMIM. As it's one of the best graphical mods for Skyrim. It increases mesh complexity of a lot of objects, and also adds some great textures (just check the comparison screenshots!)

20. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I prefer 2k as the best complete (mostly) replacer.