Quadro/Tesla 307.74 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    you just need a DSLR camera to take pics. provide me with one and ill gladly do it :p

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If quadro's provide better image quality then they clearly will have poorer performance, and if Nvidia are gimping image quality on the Geforce drivers, does that mean all the claims that AMD cards have better image quality must be true?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I think its more of a EDID inf then anything else (geforce driver tends to have a little softer image), but overall AF seems to have a little better affect and since any modern gpu doesn't have trouble with AF i would say performance impact is not noticeable.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Amd cards do provide sharper images imo.As Amd cards are generally used to
    power large format displays in the Sign and Advertising industry they're designed to.Hence the reason why alot of people prefer them for their raw power and cost.Nvidia's quadro series being geared towards the academic and scientific industry will provide excellent image quality also but the softwares they're designed to work with will be by design more complex.That's why I think Nvidia always comes out on top in terms of customer satisfaction gaming wise because their software devolopment is better than Amd.

5. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    The lack of hard evidence is compelling.

Just imagine one guy saying , omg quadro is better IQ, so another guy 'believes' him and automatically engages the placebo feeling effect. Since no hard evidence has still been presented showing an IQ difference, I can conclude that is what has been happening. All the talking of other possibilities does not discount the fact that still no proof has been posted to back up these claims.

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I can see how this type of thread would piss of the 'control freak' types, just as well we don't need to appear in Court and present our evidence to them.
    It's not like you have to hardmod your card or even bios flash it to work with quadros, install with modded .inf if you like then good if not then it's fine either way.

*QUADRo master race signing out. :p

7. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    I can see how someone who has had a placebo effect could be uneasy by the realization that the difference was 'all in your head'.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I can see how someone would feel with the thought of being unable to notice something, albeit something very subtle, that others could see.

9. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Yet there is no proof of this claim, could be 'all in your head'.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    basically, either us yay-sayers are loco or you nay-sayers are blind, why can't you just live with that fact, if in the end it comes out we're all barmy then fine, perhaps it'll end with all you fellas getting better reading glasses or the like, but whatever happens it's not for us to know and is completely beyond our control.
    haha

11. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Basically you got no proof to your claims, and you call those who ask for proof blind ? lol ok

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    if you're gonna use strawmen i'm out.

13. Black0ut

Black0ut Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning 2GB
    Either those guys' cards suck donkey balls or they are just blind because there is clearly a huge difference between these, 306.97 and 310.90. I saw no difference in IQ with any driver 306.23 and beyond until I tried these.

14. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    IQ difference not performance difference.

15. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    They cannot even explain where the difference should come from in theory, let alone provide any proof.

16. army_cadet

army_cadet Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte g1 980
    +1
    this

17. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    FC3 I couldn't really tell the difference but I wouldn't expect to with all the issues the engine has. FIFA 13 (with SGSSAA & SweetFX) on the other hand the textures looks less grainy (or softer) than with 310.90. It's most noticeable looking at the pitch with Tele cam and with the players in the cutscenes. It's only a small difference but it's there and, IMO, I think it looks makes the game look better. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference but there are a handful of games I've spent a lot of time tweaking so I'm extremely familiar with how they look. I usually stick to Geforce drivers and rarely notice any IQ change.

18. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    I'm thinking of trying the Quadros out, what do I need to do to show any difference in IQ (if there even is any) before I swap over? Just take screenshots with DXtory/Fraps or what? Camera at monitor?

19. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    ^u will need 2 separate pcs with identical setups to compare them

20. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Oh yuck, scratch doing that then.