Quadro/Tesla 307.74 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Jan 17, 2013.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    My temps are lower with these drivers but I'm only getting 50% gpu usage in FC3. Tested FIFA 13 and it's silky smooth with increased IQ.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    I don't get it, I know it aint placebo effect but I notice the iq is better what is the difference between quadro and GeForce drivers?

3. Bobnar

Bobnar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 XC2
    Make sure to check the sli bits in inspector for FC3. The default for this driver is 0x02406805 which was also only giving me 50% usage on each of my cards. Changed the bit to the newer 0x02402C05 and usage is back to 80%+.

4. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Im waiting for new geforce driver due in next few days . :)

5. Black0ut

Black0ut Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning 2GB
    I had never used Quadro drivers before these and I instantly noticed the difference in sharpness, color, and smoothness. I had never seen any increase or decrease in performance with any of the other drivers but these made a huge difference for me.

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I couldnt use these in darksiders. I was having constant massive stuttering with these. the game looked great but the stuttering was too much.

back to 310.90 and way less stuttering with it

7. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I was right. Same driver re-released for GeForce. I won't make a new thread then. If someone else wants to, please make note that this driver was released to address the recent security flaw for Geforce 6/7 cards.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-307.74-whql-driver.html

8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    The user-mode Direct3D/OpenGL and kernel-mode display drivers are exactly the same between Quadro and GeForce drivers having the same version number. I just verified this again with 307.74 Quadro and 307.74 GeForce. No one will be able to provide any screenshots or videos showing any IQ difference between these drivers without photochopping it.

Now if you're comparing different version numbers however, anything goes.. but still most likely there is not any major change in IQ.

9. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    same here, the image quality has increased compared to the 310.90 and 310.70 quadro/geforce drivers...:infinity:

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Folks, forgetting the last few quadros that had same name as geforce ones, and in my paranoid mind were probably put out to test us how we notice IQ changes.
    Folks nevermind the smoothness of these quadros, yes the IQ is usually better but in my experience smoothness suffers for the greater IQ, but yes i always take the better IQ quadros over the usually slightly smoother geforce ones.

the next geforce ones will be smoother basically, but IQ will be lower, i'll be staying with these though.

11. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    ^same here

12. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Except that people are claiming these drivers are BOTH smoother and higher IQ than R310. Placebo in full effect here. Notice no screenshots, only false rumors as usual.

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    At least were not going into geforce thread and trolling, were keeping it nice and tidy in this thread to ourselves.
    I imagine they are smoother than the ol' 310s
    *folks if you're new to the quadros you gotta put up with some trolling, but it's not like you can't give these a try and just uninstall them if you don't like em'.
    screenshots, sheemshots.

14. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    A whole lot of it in fact. Every time someone says Quadro drivers have better IQ :p No one has ever posted so much as one screenshot comparison that truly demonstrates this.

15. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    ^he is right

16. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    What is he right about and where is the proof? Am I also supposed to believe someone who says AMD or NVIDIA has better IQ without so much as a screenshot?

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    You could get an AMD card and try for yourself, rewt you're one of the wizards and i got great respect for you i just like my quadros is all.

18. Krankie

Krankie Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680 LIGHTNING
    this driver fixes many troubles ive got with the 680 lightning.. before i had to downclock my gpu with 50mhz to fixed my freezing/crash problems and now there gone... and all of my games are running now perfectly and very smooth.... Thnx, i already tought my card was broken. Awesome drivers, betrer than the 310's..!!!

19. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    When I had my 8800GT and GTX260, Quadro drivers were usually more stable with less of the watchu call it...say you're playing a racing sim (max ingame settings, default control panel settings) and the road would look like it's being drawn ahead of you (best I could explain).Quadros at the time in those same instances would reduce that effect and offer slightly better textures.I can't say if they're better now as I have not tried any Quadros with my current card.But as it is now with my setup, 310.90's IQ is up there imo.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ffs man, give it a rest already. Multiple gurus have reported an increase in iq but coz you dont see it, dosnt mean its not there.

Ive tried multiple times to provide screenshots of iq diffferences and have explained multiple times that doing so requires mutiple pcs. I tried to do such a thing but the last few quadros ive installed havnt had said increase. Will try again with these on the weekend.

While your entitled to an opinion, learn to pick your battles.

peace:)