Assassins Creed III Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Overclock your CPU.
    You will probably get better framerate with a single card at that speed due to SLI overhead.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Turn off sli as well, Ubi made a mess out of this game.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    With all graphics options set on high, the lowest my fps have ever dropped so far is to 45, but it usually hovers from 50-60.... even in heavy battle scenes...

4. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Just don't play this game until devs get some respect to PC users and fix everything. No SLI support - go to trash, IMHO [​IMG]

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, lack of SLI support in a 2012 title from a major publisher like Ubi seems absurd. I stopped playing it because the game doesn't live up to the high standards of the previous games :p

6. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

I know the trick with environment quality, but i thought they fixed the fps drop...i didn't played the game, and i have it from launch day.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    So after killing 25 bears the game just crashed...... damn it.....

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Haha :D

Sorry it sounded funny in my head...

9. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Disable AA, Lowest graphics settings, SLI disabled = less than 50-60fps in Boston (less on the rooftops or anywhere you can see far into the distance). Unlike the previous ship mission that ran at 60fps+ maxed out. It still feels pretty smooth for sub-60fps compared to other games but with my rig I expect good eye candy and fps not one or the other.

Bit of a rant I know. I'm happy for people who can get this game running great on their rig but I'm getting sick of this unoptimized DX11 bull****. At least FC3 (DX9 anyway) runs good now after countless hours of tweaking and even NFS:MW got a belated patch. Ubi should have sorted this out weeks ago.

10. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    What annoys me is that Nvidia have the cheek to promote AC3 as an Nvidia sponsored game and 2 months after release we still don't have a working SLI profile.
    It seems like a lot of dev's just want to get the pc version released and then leave it up to the community to sort out the problems that it has.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    True, we should lose the "if it's broken, tweak it!" attitude. It's the publisher's duty to see that the game is in a condition to be shipped acceptable to the target market.
    Doesn't work? Snub the game, don't pirate it and definitely don't waste time with cfg, dll and ini files.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Alot of people enjoy all that though as it's part of the fun/hassle of PC gaming.

Snubbing a game would only mean games being shipped in even worse condition in the future, damned if we do.....

I personally just don't buy stuff until i see at least 3 months worth of comments, mods and patches, better quality game and better for the wallet.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tweaking is good if we're making something good even better. THey take our propensity to tweak for granted and serve us prison food when we've paid for something a whole lot better.

14. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Got this game free from NV after i completed a questionair for them. Its early doors (on the boat to the US) but to be honest its a bit 'boring' and stinks of a consol port in the same way DIRT did.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What!? All you had to do is fill in a questionnaire?! Nice :p Yep, this game is dull .. if you're still interested try the previous games. 2 & Brotherhood are pretty good.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    I love the American Revolution aspect, but we need more colonial cities like Philadelphia, Newport, Charlestown, and Williamsburgh.

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Especially Newport with it's alleged Templar connection with the Newport Tower... It would be so easy to model the city of Newport as many of the colonial buildings are still there! A perfect place for Connor to sail to.

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    The tyranny of King George Washington will be released on February 19.

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    So I have come across a very annoying issue.... As many animals as I hunt in the wilderness, they do not get absorbed into my inventory when I went to sell them through my convoy. Has anyone else seen this comes up? Is it a big or have I killed too many beavers?

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Has anyone else had this problem come up before?