AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA (12.100.0 January 1) Unofficial

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Epic0098

Epic0098 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III
    I'm stilling getting artifacts in Far Cry 3 like the video below. I tried this beta driver and 13.1. Both of them produce the samething in the same places.

Far Cry 3 Artifacts

The video only shows the village where you start the game, but I get this issue in a lot places on the island. I can reproduce it in certain areas, which makes me believe it has something to due with certain textures loading while moving into that area. I'm starting to think this is less of a driver issue but more of a issue with Far Cry 3 itself. Other than this Far Cry 3 runs smooth, as long as turn vsync off. With vsync on in game i get microstuttering everytime the game dips below 60 fps.

All other game run smooth so far with no issues. I tested AC3, Shogun 2, Anno 2070 and Skyrim (still has texture flashing though).

2. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Can't get furmark to work with these drivers, going to continue to test other things out.

/edit Nothing that involves OpenGL is working for me with this driver, guess it's back to 13.1 for me... :(

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    I can confirm the same, Anything that uses OpenGL, Immediately crashes to the desktop using Cat 13.2.

Haven't tested these in any games yet except for WRC 3 on PC and it was quite stable.

I'll test BF3 a little later and see what the perf is like.

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Furry and Tessy Test (GL4) works fine under MSI Kombuster. Minecraft also plays fine for me.

Working fine for me on W8 Pro x64, so far anyway

5. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    :bawl:

Reading is so hard!

[​IMG]

6. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    Downloaded the latest furmark 1.1.0.3 and it doesn't CTD so it's not likely an OpenGL issue.

Perhaps incompatibility with my GPU or Driver when I attempted to run my older installation of furmark.

@Espionage, Yes I also tested Minecraft and I had no issues there either.

7. kerranG.

kerranG. Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    Noob question, what program should i use to clean/delete and do a fresh install of these drivers? already tried AMD utility and it *****d up my OS... so i better ask first.

I've been using driver sweeper lately but it doesnt do its job pretty well tbh, should i try atiman 7.0.2 or its going to cause issues too?

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I would recommend Driver Fusion (updated version of Sweeper I think) + CCleaner with CCEnhancer.

My OS install died when I last tried atiman, so I wouldn't recommend it. Others have had different results though.

9. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Try just uninstalling as instructed instead of destroying your OS with these unneeded registry cleaners and don't install the 13.2, and wait for the official release of 13.2 that has been QA'd and have the features AMD has announced.

10. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    Atiman is a very good utility. Install/run atiman and use the automatic uninstall from the first options. Let the program do its thing and it will reboot your pc. Then another menu pops up once entered into windows. Choose continue let the program finish. Once its done menu pops up again and choose the verify option. If everything is ok choose quit the program and reinstall your new driver.

Download atiman : http://www.mediafire.com/?0jdko53gk5npzo0

11. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Instead of trolling, why don't you read up on the reasons for a beta. They are used for tests. My test showed that the OpenGL is missing, this could either be a known issue or and unknown one. Since neither of us work for AMD and know exactly what they know, my test was a worthy one. Go back under your rock, my reading level is far superior to your weak attempts of a troll.

12. kerranG.

kerranG. Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    Cool. Thanks ToBbErT, hula and espionage.

13. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    ROFL, sorry, it seems your reading ability and comprehension is still lacking. Try again, I know it's hard, but maybe you'll succeed next time.

14. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    Which version of furmark did you run?

I had application crashes until I downloaded the very latest furmark and installed that, I no longer get crashes on furmark with 13.2.

15. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I need someone to test this for me as its pissing me off.......

2x7950 crossfire, borderlands 2 DX9.

no other games are having this issue well i havent noticed anyway
    basicly on the main menu im getting flickering black spikes there completly random and never in the same place ? lol

happens in game as well just to a much lesser degree.
    also it happens less if im running at 60vsync and happens more quicker if i run at 120fps vsync off.

is this game bugged ? as i have not had this issue with any other games.
    or is it the driver as this borderlands 2 is a game that was fixed for latency and what not
    the artifacts if you where to call them that look like memory corruption very strange.
    or is this a GCN memory controller issue....

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    2x HD 7970's in Crossfire here. Try using all the in-game graphics options instead of forcing anything in the CCC and see how it goes. I'm playing with supersampling forced in CCC, the rest is application, since in-game has enough graphics options.

If I OC too far, I sometimes get flickering in games, and I end up backing off the memory bit by bit until it goes away. I haven't had that with this driver yet though.

He is not trolling but warning people that this is a very early beta, and quite a good one at that. I do not have OpenGL missing from this driver as you report either.

17. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guess my cards memory is borked as if your not getting issues with the game then i cant see it being drivers so must be hardware. :/

18. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    This is driver related. The 7900series texture flickering issue well known. Some DX9 game like Skyrim are suffering from this, most DX10/11 games seam to work well.
    I have the same prob in BL2 since 13.x drivers. Seams like AMD is breaking more code than fixing. :bang:

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Maybe its a 7950 thing as you both have 7950's. This driver fixed a lot of the flickers for people.

Try catalyst 13.1. and back off OC's a bit.

20. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well i just backed off my default and OC to 900core/1200 memory on both cards
    and the black texture spikes and flickering are still there, i even disabled crossfire ;/

also dx10 and 11 games are fine must be a dx9 thing with the gcn memory controller....
    its the only thing i can think of as i have run multiple heaven benchmarks aswel in dx 9 and 10 and 11 and no issues with flickering texture spiking :/