AMD Catalyst 13.1 (9.012.0 December 19) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Mipmap Detail Level basically it helped control LOD.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6950 2 GB
    So, it's ok to just install these drivers over old ones? I have pretty old ones on my system now ( 8.981.2-120626a-141571E-ATI ). Or, should i uninstall the old ones first, then install these?

3. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Uhmmm... yeah! It's this the LOD slider that is at default 0 and you can move to negatives and positives, like Radeon Pro offers in its "Advanced" section?:
    [​IMG]
    I didn't see that slider in CCC for couple of years now... like since my Radeon 4670 or my Radeon 5870...(Options may vary depending on the card's serie) We can probably bring that back by registry tweaks. I don't know how

Yes, user moheban79(POST 134) discovered/noticed that the Cossfire Profile options ARE NOT available until you create a custom profile. This section was always visible in previous CCC versions but did not apply to global settings at all ---> Only to custom created profiles... So it makes sense that it doesn't show anymore until you create a custom profile. It's less confusing.

[​IMG]
    Man.... Thanks!!! :thumbup: :cheers: :beer:

I first tried just to replace atiadlxx.dll and atiadlxy.dll but it was just a blind shot and didn't fix/circumvent the problem. (there are dozens of .dlls')

After I did what you proposed:
    1. Clean Install 12.11b
    2. Create Custom Resolutions to be downsampled
    3. Install 13.2 on top of that (NOT CLEAN INSTALL, NO UNINSTALL)
    (see the image above with available resolutions higher:rock: that my 1080p HDTV)

Maybe those custom resolutions are erased when we uninstall the drivers? That's the step we skipped here....
    But I can tell there are left overs from the previous installation (12.11b) as I met twice as much as usual the line "EnableULPS_NA" in the registry while I was settings that to 0... and Driver Fusion always finds a ton of left overs when I normally uninstall.

so ok... it's a temporary fix because we're are better to uninstall before installing new ones (especially now that AMD released an uninstaller...) and I don't wish to always install "On Top" of previous drivers from now on.

Cheers

P.S. I hope AMD did not break the compatibility with the Downsampling tool on purpose! GRRRRrrrrrrr... like they frequently did/do with Afterburner, ATITOOL...etc

4. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Looks like it was a Server 2012 issue.

Just installed Windows 8 and did some testing. 0% CPU usage from CCC while running games.

Most of the options were also missing in CCC in Server 2012. Everything is there in Windows 8.

5. Rubysoul

Rubysoul Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    It doesn't look like they repacked the mobility drivers with the correct HDMI driver. Downloaded just now directly from ati.com and installed with the same error. At least I still have my HDMI driver from the 12.11b.

6. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I installed the Mobility version over the top of Mobility 12.8 and everything looks good. I think my framerate in Skyrim went up slightly and there are no artifacts at all. WoW seems about the same and so does LOTRO. RAGE and DiRT3 are also very good. I like the new Vision control center with the improved gaming settings interface. It's much simpler and easier to use.

I also am no longer getting the error message at boot in the event viewer about Fuel having crashed like I did with 12.8. I had to disable the Fuel service to get rid of it. I think Fuel is only for overclocking the CPU anyway which my motherboard does not allow.

Another thing is that the notification thing for the loading of the AVT stuff no longer occurs at boot. Checking with CCleaner, the startup entry is also gone.

I didn't get any error message about HDMI either. However, I have never used it and don't have any way to test if it works or not.

7. Rubysoul

Rubysoul Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Just a followup - looks like the mobility drivers definitely didn't get the HDMI re-package yet. Downloaded the desktop 13.1 drivers and ran the install and it successfully updated just the HDMI driver to the new December version.

8. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Few FPS less, but much more responsive and smoother than 12.x for me. Much better than 12.x drivers.

9. weah

weah Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5850 Toxic @1Ghz
  10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Id stick to the 13.1's, those 13.2's are casuing all sorts of problems from what ive been reading, as they are nowhere near finished :)

11. boyriot

boyriot Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5770 IceQ5
  12. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Man... I will be sticking to the 12.11s until there is a real fix. I don't want to mess with having a ton of stray files later on.

13. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    its driving me insane, ive read that its related with trixx in my case at least.
    had same thing with 12.10, sigh guess ill stick to 12.8 forever.

14. mercury_22

mercury_22 Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7770
  15. yyjdelete

yyjdelete Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5650 Mobility
    Why there is only a HDMI drivers for Win8 x86 in 64bit packages?
    (13-1_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMI\W864a)

16. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    Performance is way worse with my 6870... Furmark and Gaming (tested Borderlands 2 and BF3 so far)

EDIT: Ok I had a messed up Afterburner Profile. Performance is back to normal (same as 12.10)

17. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    New driver 13-1_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql

OMG OMG artifacts all over the screen the new driver sucks like hell I can not use it on my 6990

Back to the 12-8_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc driver

18. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    From what I understand if you not using a 7900 series card you better of staying with 12.8 drivers. All drivers after this are aimed towards 7900 series.

This might not be true just from what I read around the internet.

19. w0mbat

w0mbat Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7870
    Not 7900 but HD7k in general (GCN).

20. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB
    I have a HD 6950. This installs fine and works until I touch anything in Afterburner.

Then I get scrambled flashing images just scrolling in a browser.

So back to 12.8 again. Anyone else have this issue?