AMD Catalyst 13.1 (9.012.0 December 19) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Thanks a lot asder00. Downloading.

2. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    New CCC is better

The new "3D Application Settings" page is better than before:

[​IMG]

We can now see all the parameters at once without the need to scroll down. Thanks for the reduction of extremely huge "Blank" borders the layout had before.

Also, the new way of setting an individual Application settings is much better too... it's in the same page as 3D Application Settings and now we can edit or correct these individual App settings just by changing the desired setting and hit "save"!
    (Before, we had to go in the Profiles Page to erase the profile we created and start over... or we could use the app settings as "global settings", correcting it, then applying it again to the specified app... that was complicated)

ALSO
    NO downsampling for me too : :cussing:

[​IMG]

I only hope the creator of that downsampling tool will release an update, because it's a HUGE downer to me.... :thumbdown
    i feel like i lost my highest (and my primarily used) resolution! :(

And.... Thanks to Asder00 and Hilbert!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I have just noticed the same. I will try to post an update as soon as a fix or newer version of the downsampling utility is released.

4. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    This... and the HDMI sound issue... are by far the MOST IMPORTANT things that I need. I can not use the drivers without these things. I wonder if my HDMI sound issue is related to the down sampling issue also...

Have all of you gotten the issues with installation warning at the end also?

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I don't remember seeing any warning after installing these.

6. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    ok. :(

I went back to the 12.11s to make sure that the error wasn't there and that sound was working... and it is. So it's def at 13.1 problem.

Hopefully it's a mistake they made and it's fixable. :bang:

7. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Thank you sir... I don't know if you are member of that German forum where the author had released that tool, just to make him AWARE that his tool have been broken by this newest driver and probably any Drivers from now on...
    And to tell him that his work is really appreciated by me! (At every Frame my computer produces)

And now, I cannot enter my games anymore because they are set for an higher resolution that is not currently valid... I have to delete all my games' settings or enter the games in safemode, if there's one...

Thanks again!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Installation completed without error

Seems to have fixed my 2nd display stuttering when watching a video and using the PC on 1st display at the same time :)

9. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I wonder if this is going to be a 79xx specific issue... since it does say something about the manufacturer not being set in my error.

10. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    new drivers for days i guessed that amd guys were dead. loll wel i wil try them as soon as i can hope much of the garbage are fix ore from some comentes above maybe not we wil see

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Reminds me of Nvidia's 3D settings page back when I used to run an Nvidia card before my upgrade to 7970. That page was one thing I missed the most. Glad to see something as efficient deployed by AMD!

12. Hana88

Hana88 Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon 7970@ 1100/145
    love this driver!!

They kill lag on black ops 2

13. nightsilencer

nightsilencer Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6950 @ 950mhz
    Desktop / 2D flickering is still not resolved for my HD 6950 Flex.

It's just hopeless isn't it? :/

Any other HD 6000 users still suffering from this?

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I would imagine the author will know pretty soon if he doesn't already, there will likely be many forum members experiencing the same issue. I will however keep an eye on the forums and make any fix available here.

Also, it might be quicker to roll back to the 12.11 drivers and then change back to your displays original resolution from the game settings.

16. ztooG

ztooG Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB CDFC
    Hey thanks
    I seem to get the HDMI audio driver fail to install error as well but everything else is perfect. :)

17. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    OK... so it's not an issue specific to the 79xx cards.

I wonder if I can install the sound driver from the 12.11s and use the drivers from 13.1... anyone want to try it?

18. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    Same exact performance on far cry 3, stuttering and 50percent gpu usage, hdmi audio is working better, but i also received <error><msg>Driver Install: the driver package does not specify a hardware identifier</msg></error></monetreport> this error from logs during installation, not much of an update.

19. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Yep I get HDMI driver error as well.

20. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970