AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 December 2) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Tweaky81

Tweaky81 Member

GPU:
    XFX Fury TD
  2. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    I don't think so. Those are the same unofficial WHQL they posted from PowerColor a few weeks ago. And the current are 9.1 not 9.001. So I think those are still old. I could be wrong.

Also if they were from AMD, they would have a download link direct from AMD's site, instead these are just from their own filehost. I don't think they are 13.1. You can download em and let us know though :D

3. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Actually wrong, the mobile parts can keep up with 7870 Desktop Ghz editions. They are part for part exactly the same Pitcairn. It seems you've been away from mobile tech for a very long time.

Same for Nvidia. Overclocked 680M can keep up with desktop 670 and are faster than desktop 580s.

And it doesn't matter if it's mobile or desktop, it's the exact same GCN core. So whatever fixes they do for desktop, well it's going to work on mobile. Even desktop parts have powerplay and zero core tech. So your logic makes no sense.

Oh and if anything, AMD should drop desktop support (which is stupid, just hypothetical). Sorry to tell you, it's mobile tech that makes the money. Haven't you been reading the news that desktop sales have plummeted? Even laptops are being put to shame in sales vs tablets. So if anything, AMD wants to focus on their mobile tech to compete with Intel and ARM.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

5. kpo6969

kpo6969 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Those are for PCS+ 7870 Tahiti LE. The beta 11 works fine with it.

6. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    But your plan is to leave hundreds of thousands (maybe 1000000+) of users in the abyss of using old drivers (discrete/integrated graphics). There are plenty of mobile computers with HD 4000 chips, can you imagine the number of machines running with HD 5000 and HD 6000 gpus?

7. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Nope, they wouldn't be left in the cold. Drivers for 5000/6000 are as optimized as they can be. The new memory controller fix that AMD hinted at was not for 4000, 5000 or 6000, it's for GCN. I don't see why you are worried.

I understand if there is a driver fix needed for a new game sure, but that's not what I'm talking about and everyone else who has GCN are talking about.

You need to get over the expectation that you will get magic performance boost, it's never going to happen.

With GCN, there seems to be a lot of indications from AMD themselves that the drivers are broken. They are not functioning properly.

8. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    I see. But let's imagine AMD releases the HD 8000 series of cards, and they have a design called GCN "something" which is very different to the first GCN architecture. Would you keep the same idea? To stop supporting GCN 1.0 and to focus on the newest one? I'm glad to see you are not 100% evil.

9. Epic0098

Epic0098 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III
    Is anyone else getting this issue in Far Cry 3?

Far Cry 3 Artifacts/Glitches

Like the video I get this issue in the beginning village, but for me it's of a lesser extent. But unlike the person that posted the video, I get this issue in a number of places. It only happens in certain locations, seems to me when ever new textures are loaded or when I go from one sector of the island to another. I'm using 12.11 beta 11 with CAP2. This happens with stock clocks and overclock of 950/1375.

No one on this forum has mentioned this issue, so it doesn't seem that widespread, or I could be wrong. But do you guys think if this is a driver issue or an issue with the game?

I got Far Cry 3 on launch but haven't played it yet due this issue and the microstuttering, hope the new drivers solve this for me.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    So that means 13.1 will be wednesday and new betas a few weeks later.

I think I first read that wrong, I read "logo" and thought they were going to release more slides advertising the new drivers and describe what fixes they will bring. I read it again and noticed they mean "logo certified" as in WHQL.

Which I think will just be 12.11 beta 11 with the WHQL sticker slapped on. I am more excited for the betas :)

11. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Well... I really would hope that the last month would have actually been spent working on NEW 13.1s and not just simply WHQL'ing the 12.11 beta 11s. Otherwise nothing new is really coming out and we're on the same boat with no fixes to anything and still waiting for anything to come out.

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    suppposedly, the only change to the WHQL 13.1 from 12.11, is a farcry 3 enhancement.

13. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I hope that isn't true. What a waste..

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    thats what someone from AMD said back in december..

makes sense really, takes 3 weeks to WHQL, wich means they had to submit it around the time beta 11 came out.

Doesnt give much time for additional tweaks.

15. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970M 2GB
    The 7970M is a downclocked HD 7870, and performs in between the HD 7850 and HD 7870, while the HD 7870 is based on the HD 7770.

By the way, the driver situation with mobile GCN is much worse than it is with desktop parts. To leave mobile alone would be to leave a mess alone.

GCN needs nearly all of AMDs resources right now, but after drivers are eventually optimized, I feel regular support should still be available for HD 5000 and HD 6000 video cards. It isn't fair to buy a video card only for it to be barely supported 3 years later.

16. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M

:D :D . . Oh ya that really makes me happy to hear every driver only for GCN , hahahah

But guies, AMD is was suffering from financial loss just a few monts back, and if they do drop support for 5xxx and 6xxx then they are going to loose a very heavy mass of the market.. he he , so i guess they are not going to do that, well we can feel a danger signal for the 5xxx series as AMD introduced the 8xxx series this year.. Only GOD and AMD knows what's going to happen :D

17. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    just found this but don't know wether they are any good:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4245

This version is older than very latest 12.11 beta11 but might be still interesting for those who still encountering few specific problems with latest official drivers or older so.
    Both full driver package include all you need for Vista/Win7/Win 8 x32/x64

18. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    LOL, my post want meant to be taken seriously, it was meant to prove a point that cutting off support for current 5xxx and 6xxx owners would be just as crazy as cutting out support for the 7xxx mobile owners.
    Heck the way some on here see it, AMD should just say "We will only offer support for our latest GPU's from now on"
    That would kill AMD in the long run, and they just cannot afford that right now.

If it goes away when using the 12.10 drivers, then you know its the drivers, not your hardware.
    It was mentioned and discussed by many in the overclock.net threads.
    Many RMA'ed their cards several times thinking it was faulty memory like most people would, only to find out it does it on every card they tried anyway with the 12.11 b11 / 12.11 CAP2's.
    And doesnt happen with the 12.10's.
    So, you are not alone, many with 7xxx series cards see the same issue with FC3 and those drivers. :thumbup:

19. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's

Yes, yes, yes!! I've been getting the SAME exact problem since launch! I thought I was the only one too. I've suspected that something is either seriously wrong with the game, or the drivers are behind it (12.11 b CAP 2).

Either way, I know for a fact that this is somehow related to the random crashes and BSOD's I've been getting since day one. Also, it seems that anytime I enable AA above 2x the artifacting gets more severe until it finally crashes the game.

The last Ubisoft patch did NOTHING, and microstuttering is still horrible. Hopefully this new driver fixes all of these problems.

20. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    I don't have a 7xxx series card, but I had noticed that for some reason, CCC takes up around 13% CPU time once a game is launched.

This can also cause stuttering like crazy.

If I Alt-Tab out of the game, end task the CCC that is taking up 13% CPU usage, and then go back into the game, it is buttery smooth like it should be.

Something is wrong with the current version of CCC to be doing this. It should not be using up any CPU time.