AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 December 2) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. King4x4

King4x4 Guest

GPU:
    4xSapphire 290x@1200mhz
    Guess we won't have the next driver until the end of Jan :<

2. Tweaky81

Tweaky81 Member

GPU:
    XFX Fury TD
    Next driver has to be damn good considering the time they worked on it.

3. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Catalyst 12.10 was released on 20th october, so I expect CAT 13.1 on similar date.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

You have a 4870 though?

I have a 7870, my 6850 setup worked perfectly, but 7870 + 12.11 b11 is jumpy and stuttery

5. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Yup.. AMD generally likes the dates between 24 to 29,, ha ha ha :D

what ever the date will be, the driver better be nice coz lots of people are waiting for it eagerly :banana:

EDIT :: And ya a request to the Moderator ,, sir can you please re-stick the AMD Catalyst 12.10 WHQL Driver Post, and remove the Catalyst 12.8's one.. No point in having the old one in the Sticky list when a new and better WHQL is present, ThankU..

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  6. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Knowing AMD... we'll be severely disappointed by the new driver... and we'll have 10 hot fixes in the week of release. T_T

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Well, I don't see such cynicism in the nV driver thread, but I can honestly say I have had very minor issues with CAT driver, minor gfx glitches, lack of CF support for new games and such. Cat12.11 was a real eye opener when it came to performance boost. Just hope the new driver further boost performance, and/or improve general stability for all.

8. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    buddy, Catalyst 12.11 did gave a beautiful Performance boost BUT for the 7xxx series cards only... no or rather negligible performance boost was seen for cards of 6xxx, 5xxx series... :frown:

and that with my HD 7900 also,,, Catalyst 12.11 gave best benchmarking results ever but.. when I start playing, games loose the smoothness, frames goes up high toooooo much then low toooooo much...:3eyes: well had a bad experience with 12.11 but 12.10 saved everything.. best driver for me till now.

Hope AMD takes care about the 5xxx,6xxx & 7xxx together..

9. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    HDMI audio issue is getting tiresome.. I'd gladly install a hotfix driver that.

10. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    I don't. I hope they drop 5xxx/6xxx or non GCN and put all their focus on making GCN, GCN 2.0 work as it should. They openly admitted the current drivers are wrong for the GCN/GCN 2.0's memory controllers. I'd bet that is the culprit of a lot of 7000 issues. It's obvious the 7000 for both desktop and mobile is still borked and not right.

11. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    You are a bad person. Non gcn cards owners must suffer because AMD did something wrong, huh? That's silly.

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Cutting edge baby...

get the newest hardware or go home..

i agree with Hulawafu...

13. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    You agree on getting support for a very small number of video cards. Very smart.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i agree with leveraging AMDs resources to the greatest extent possible.

That means 100% focus on CGN.

15. Civrock

Civrock Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming
    Just posted by @CatalystCreator on Twitter.

16. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    For AMD it sure as hell is. Better put 100% effort onto GCN now since GCN 2.0 is going to be released soon, and differences between 1st and 2nd gen are negligible, and the first gen still doesn't have proper drivers, that's from AMD's driver team admission.

The previous gen, their driver optimizations are done, get over it. AMD should focus on the latest games, software and hardware, not in the past.

And new customers, they are not buying your ancient hardware, they want working latest gen hardware. Sorry you refuse to upgrade your system, but that doesn't mean it's a bad strategy for AMD to focus on getting the current gen hardware right.

So yes, I want AMD to put 100% of their driver effort on GCN+, not ancient tech. It's been about a year, and AMD still can't get GCN right. The hardware engineering team seems to leagues ahead of the driver team.

17. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    Ok, no more catalysts for HD 2000-6000 users. Do you think they will thank AMD with the purchase of another AMD product?

18. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - wow, a whole year..

- am I really that ancient..:frown:

19. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    They may as well quit wasting time on mobile GPU's also since they're so underpowered compared to their desktop counterparts that mobile parts cannot hope to even keep up with AMDs old 6xxx series desktop cards in performance anyway.
    That way both people on the AMD driver team can concentrate on nothing but the high end desktop GPU's. :flip2:

20. skinlab100

skinlab100 Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800 GT KO 512mb
    Just a heads up - we will be posting logo certified Catalyst 13.1 on Wednesday. You can also expect new beta drivers in the next few weeks.

New Drivers this Wed. Can't wait, Ati Rocks