CES 2013 - Microsoft IllumiRoom

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    At the Samsung CES keynote Microsoft announced a new technology they are calling IllumiRoom. It will expand the video game experience beyond your TV to other surfaces in your room. It essentially proj...

CES 2013 - Microsfot IllumiRoom

2. plodge85

plodge85 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    I cant believe the lack of interest in this thread! This looks absolutely bloody brilliant, I want. Take my moneys. Hard to understand how it works, it looks expensive. But if it costs the same as most console pheriphals, then it should be quite reasonably priced?

I can't wait.

3. iZomBaDi

iZomBaDi Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan X no oc
    True there's not any comments apart from mine so far. Perhaps people think it's just a Microsoft dream that will never happen?

I hope it does, because it looks awesome!

:banana:

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    i dislike gimmicks

5. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    MS R&D prototype a lot, they have ****load of prototypes (both software- and hardware-related), and they just pick the ones they like the most, refine and put into their new products.

So this device may not go into production at all, or perhaps a part of it will be used in the next Xbox after severe modifications. The purpose of showing it to the public is to estimate if it's worth investing.

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I really love Microsoft R&D demos they do, a lot of awesome stuff. :)

7. Lloyd_Braun

Lloyd_Braun Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus rog strix 3080
    Looks like a bad acid trip or a good one lol.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Hehe, that is pretty cool.
    It shouldnt be too expensive either, a cheap to run wide throw LED lit projector will do that just fine, the light can last a long time.
    If they fit a 20,000hr light and you game for 6hrs a day every day, thats about 10 years before brightness drops off too much!

For example, the Optoma ML500 has a street price of $600 with a 20,000 hr light life.
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/optoma_ML500_portable_led_projector_review.htm
    The quality doesnt need to be this good and probably doesnt need to be as bright either.
    With mass production as well, the price could be brought down to something ridiculously low!

This one has legs.