Nvidia GeForce 310.90 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Jan 5, 2013.

1. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    These drivers suck :wanker:, also check this out, i was using the 310:70's which are pretty good, however the graphics scores for windows was at 5.9, i install the 310's 90's and it was at 6.0. I go back to perfect 306.97 and my score looks like this now:

http://s8.postimage.org/4p6igaow3/Dwm_2013_01_08_17_55_42_56.png
    7.3 :banana:

Sticking with the 306.97 until 311 drivers comes out something.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wow what the hell is that about, even if windows rating aint the benchmark gospel.

3. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    7.3 to 5.9 yeah that does suck

Saw the same kind of performance decline with OpenCL.

4. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    306.70 = 7.3
    310:70 = 5.9
    310:90 = 6.0

306's are smoother in games anyway.

5. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Not in black ops 2, 306.97 sucks

The only problem i have with 310.90 is with max payne 3, but i think it's a game problem.

6. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    Gutted. Farcry 3 does not look right with the 306.97 drivers. The sand is way to bright and I've got screen tearing with vsync enabled. I did not have either of those issues with the 310's installed. Now I'm torn between Battlefield 3 with the 306.97's installed for smooth game play and no stuttering or the 310's for Farcry 3 looking correct and vsync working but Battlefield 3 stuttering....

7. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    EDIT: Nevermind, precision never turned off....

Haven't had issues with the driver yet however.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  8. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Far CRY 3 improved a lot but still using all on ULTRA at 1920x1080 using MSSA x4 stutters
    with x2 is perfect

what is best HBAO / HDAO / SSAO ? i use SSAO

and for vsync 1 or 2 frames ? i use 2

gpu render ahead ? i use 5

cheers and thanks in advance
    Sergio

9. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    When updating drivers with a clean install, how can I save my custom settings so that I don't lose everything? I've completely forgotten how to do it. I have nvinspector if that is the easiest way? Thanks.

10. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Tested this latest WHQL and is running stable on my trusty old PC. Its a tiny-bit better than the previous WHQL because this driver fixed my issue with BF3 random hardlocks on default gpu voltage. BF3 on me has no stuttering issues and plays very well at medium preset. Other games I tested are Starcraft2, Guildwars 2, Dota2, CS:GO and XCOM all no issues and are performing well.

11. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Export your custom profiles via Nvidia Inspector then start installing the new driver and click clean install. Then import after installation via Inspector again. Simples!

12. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    I'm sure this stuttering issue myself and other are experiencing are to do with the GTX680 cards. I've not noticed any other person say there is an problem with Battlefield 3 with other cards.

We played over six hours last night with the 306.97 drivers and I never experienced one single stutter. Everything is maxed out on Ultra. FSAA is set to max and so is AF.

The other thing I'd like to ask is in Program Settings within the nVidia control panel there several applications setup. Now I know Battlefield 3, Farcry 3 etc are meant to be in there but they are not. I have to manually add them. Is this correct ? I'm sure there must be an automatic scan thing to see what games are on your system available ?

andressergio:

SSAO = Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (nice but not as taxing on your system)

HBAO = Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion (very nice and taxes systems. Looks very nice too)

HDAO = High Definition Ambient Occlusion (HD version. Very taxing on systems. Best possible quality but it's all dependent on the user)

VSYNC 1 Frame and GPU Render Ahead set to 1.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  13. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I tried changing those settings in far cry 3 but I unless I restart the game with each change I get visual glitches.

I know one thing. Im glad I never bought a 680 card and stuck with my 580, seeing all the problems people are having with them.

14. El_Presidente

El_Presidente Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Sitrix SLI
    Sadly i cant use these drivers. All seems to be fine until i turn off pc power and restart.
    After that resolution is 800x600. If i try open nvidia control pane it says that card cant find installed display. i have install these many time and unistall. Using driversweaper in safe mode. no help. Back to 310.70.

15. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Thanks a lot for explaining mate

16. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    That was happening to me, but seemed to be limited to a hard-post. Simply resetting wouldn't reproduce the same issue. However, it simply cleared up and now is not occurring - go figure :)

Thanks mate.

17. Rusty_

Rusty_ Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 TI
    Xmarcuswildx: When I first installed Windows 8 onto my new PC, I didn't realise Windows 8 already installed Nvidia drivers, so when I installed drivers manually and restarted the 2 drivers conflicted.

Google how to get into safe mode, uninstall the drivers and turn off Windows 8 automatically installing drivers, reboot, install the drivers you manually downloaded, reboot and everything should be fine.

18. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    These drivers gave me random 9C BSOD's while Folding@Home, back to 310.70 all good!

19. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    306.97 and 310.70 were both very good in World Of Tanks. 310.90 have small stutters / lags /pauses in World Of Tanks and since 310.70 have security issues I had to go back to 306.97 :3eyes:

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    They don't have security issues if you dont install that update app - automatic SLI profiles/new driver detection.