RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the gamma patch seems to work for me

2. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    What game did you try it on? Wondering if maybe it works on some games only.

3. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    It didnt work for me.

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Witcher 2, and sins of a solar empire: Rebellion.

those were the worst 2 offenders.

mind you, i dont use sweetfx, this was occuring using smaa.

Shouldnt make a difference though, they are both post processing filters.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

5. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I only have Witcher 2 from those 2. So let me download it and report back... see if I have any issues with that one. :)

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    k

ill try some of the other from the big list when i get home, and ill turn on sweetfx as well.

You menioned crashing after exiting, i get a double error noise when exiting, but no crash...

7. icePOPPA

icePOPPA Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7850 2gb
    Hey, I am having issues with SweetFX...

When I am editing a profile and go to the sweetfx tab, everything is grayed out. I am able to use the "import settings" button and I just choose the game directory folder. However, all that does is check the box that says "Enable SweetFx". I dont have any options to edit the fx.

I was having issues recently because I had sweetfx profiles set up, then tried to use radeon pro alongside them. That caused problems. Then I just put the dll's and the settings ini in the game directory for the games and the options then showed up in Radeon pro. However, the radeon pro settings had no affect.

So, I removed all the traces of sweetfx and tried with just RP, and the problem I first listed I where I stand now.

8. Has anyone found a fix through radeonpro tohelp with the stuttering in farcry3 in dx11? If not i guess ill just keep running it in dx9

9. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Have you selected the directory where you have extracted sweetfx to in the settings?

It's under settings>sweetfx settings> Then make sure to enable it and select the folder where you have extracted sweetfx 1.2 to.

Problem is with drivers... some time this or next week ATI will be releasing a fix.

10. icePOPPA

icePOPPA Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7850 2gb
    Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I didnt even know there was a settings page...Anyway, I figured that I had to supply the sweetfx files, I just didnt know how to do so. Now I've got it figured out.

Thank you.

Edit: Must I use 1.2? Does 1.3 not work?

11. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Sorry... typo. Meant 1.3. Glad it worked for you. :nerd:

So the Witcher 2 has the same issue... BUT does not happen with SMAA only. It's only with SweetFX.

If as soon as the game starts... if I toggle it off. Then just go in to load my game as normal and enable it. It'll be fine then.

The issue with the overlay ONLY HAPPENS in the first few seconds when steam shows it's notification.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I've tested Witcher 2 with SweetFX/Vibrance and could not reproduce that behaviour. Can you share your Sweetfx settings for Witcher 2? Put it at pastebin.com

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Settings are applied when you restart the game.

Bug confirmed, will fix it.

RadeonPro does use the main.h file you've defined in RP settings, however it won't change any Sweetfx files you have in game's directory.

Did the installer warned about AppProfiles.dll being in use when you updated to gamma fix build? Most people just choose Ignore on that error dialog which causes a lot of issues.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i just close my browser when that happens, hit retry, and its fine..

the gamma issue with smaa has been rectified by the patch, however sweetfx is present.

surprisingly, if i toggle sweetfx off, then reopen the steam overlay, it resets itself. no more alt-tab needed.

i used the stock sweetfx settings (luma vibrance, sharpen) and was in floatsam.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ok, I will check it again.

16. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I am also just using the stock SweetFX settings... I just tried setting by setting in the witcher and warlock and it's the same thing.

Maybe it's another one of those Windows 8 things? Don't know if the others are on Win8 or not though...

17. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I made a conscious decision to test the overlay thing before installing the newer build, just in case you wanted some extra info :) Also tried changing the launcher options just in case (from None to Steam) but that didn't have any effect.

I'll give it another go tonight and have a bit of a play, see if I can reproduce (or not) any of the issues. Keep up the good work, BTW!

This post has kind of triggered me to ask something... given the way that AO is implemented (using specific values for depth etc.) would there be a way of using a similar technique to "force" DOF? It seems like the sort of thing that wouldn't be too difficult to inject with something like either RP or SFX.

And possibly even something like object-based motion blur, but I think I'm getting too far ahead of myself :3eyes:

Just another random thought.

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ok, try the gamma fix fresh build again and let me know if the issue persists.
    http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_Preview_gamma_fix.exe

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yup, that fixed it....

for witcher2 anyway...even the save file pic display properly now (they used to display with the bad gamma applied)

what was it exactly? its been going on for a while...

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    In RadeonPro 1.1.1.0 Why it is not possible to change SMAA Level other then 1 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.