RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Maybe it's something else like a dependency library that's not installed due to fresh install of OS. Begin with MS VC++ runtimes, install both 32 and 64-bit of MSVC 2008 and 2010 and see if it works.

Ok, for people having issues with gamma while displaying steam overlay, try this: http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_Preview_gamma_fix.exe

2. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    The problems still persists.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Which sweetfx settings are you using?

4. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    I don't know what happened but it magically works. Must have been something that I installed in the meantime.

I love this program, I was worried for a minute there. :)

5. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    For me it happens with any sweetfx settings. As long as something is selected.

I've got a list of 40 something games going now... :bang:

6. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    This is strange japamd I just started using Radeon Pro again with BF3 now you have SweetFX working. So I went ahead and deleted SweetFX from BF3 folder and setup on RP started with settings and then added the settings to the bf3 Profile.
    Started up BF3 game loaded and sweetFX will not work, so I go and put all the Sweetfx files back into BF3 folder and start up game and now BF3 works with both sweetfx and RP???

Last time BF3 used to just crash because of the sweetfx or have I setup the correct way anyway now? I know RP is working because dynamic vsync is working :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    also happens with smaa, and fxaa for me..

it seems to be tied to the injecter, not RP itself...

derko, turn off sweet, and turn on smaa and see if it still happens.

japamd: seems to have fixed it for me, ill keep you informed...

8. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I didn't realise this was a thing. I encountered it in Ridge Racer Unbounded, too.

Edit: Just read the rest of the posts, it probably *is* something related to the Steam overlay. I'll try running RRU with the in-game overlay stuff disabled, see if it still does it.

Edit #2: Definitely the overlay. Disabling the in-game community features thing doesn't seem to cause it.

9. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I have a major issue with Black Ops 2. No matter what, if I add Black Ops as a profile in RadeonPro, even if I don't touch any settings, it makes the mouse cursor in-game blink really badly. As in disappear, reappear, atleast twice per second. Once a match has loaded, you can't even see the mouse cursor so it makes picking your class and going into settings extremely difficult.

10. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Yep! I wonder if it's something to do with the game... or with how the overlay is implemented on those specific games.

New game to add that I just got... Warlock: Master of The Arcane.

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The updated "gamma fix" build doesn't work?

12. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    To use SMAA or FXAA do i need to disable the ingame AA ? MSAA / MLAA / FXAA if the game support it like Dishonored ?

Should i keep SMAA on ultra ? i can't change the 1x to 2x it just stays grey

EDIT : Can i use SMAA or Sweet for WoW 64bit ?

13. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    I think it would be great if the community could add to AO profiles.

It's great to add AO to games that don't have the feature but also as important is the fact that newer games are locking down AO as "exclusive" features to the DX11 API.
    So users such as myself (with only DX10.1 functionality, but more than capable of HBAO) see RadeonPro as the only way of making AO a possibility in games like Max Payne 3 - where even SSAO is locked to DX11 (Really, Rockstar?) and Batman Arkham City where HBAO is a DX11 feature.

Reminds me back when Crysis 1 locked DX9 users out of features like POM...only for users to tweak the config to add it to DX9 with minimal fps loss (compared to DX10)

HBAO support adds such realism and depth to a game that i'd rather sacrifice some fps just for it.

The only game that got it right to me was Battlefield 3. The only thing i was not able to max out was the geometric detail which is tessellation related.

Max Payne 3 ends up looking flat without AO.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    They are post processing filters, they run on the shaders independant of in-game options..

15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    So that means i can't or can use it with it ?

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you can use them all you like, no matter what in game option you have set

certain combinations may look fugly however due to over sharpening/bluring

17. Flisan

Flisan Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti SLI
    I'm also at Win7 :) I examined litle more and noticed that CF tweaks are a BIG problem with BF3.

Another question. If i tab out from a game and change some settings in RadeonPro, will the changes adjust immediately or do i have to restart the game?

EDIT: Think i found a bug to. Not that annoying, but still a bug. Old games that has been deleted wont go away from the launch menu.

[​IMG]

18. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    There is a slight problem with SweetFX implementation:
    Some games show an ugly effect
    SweetFX on
    [​IMG]
    SweetFX off
    [​IMG]
    To see the effect see the full-sized images

This is caused by the lumasharpen shader, as it should go after the hdr and dpx shaders, but editing the source file(main.h) to change the shader load order has no effect whatsoever, the effect persists, so i guess you hardcoded the shader load order somewhere in RadeonPro, is there anything that can be done about it?
    By the way, there is another way of solving the problem. If you use SweetFX injector(without RadeonPro) you can specify lumasharpen pattern 8, which is present in the source files, it is heavier performance-wise but more accurate, then you don't even need to change the shader load order, but with RadeonPro it has no effect even if you set the 8th pattern as any of the original 4(so you can choose it from the RadeonPro menu) so i am quite lost here, there might be some compiler differences or something.
    I'd use the SweetFX instead, but RadeonPro makes it possible to use SweetFX with some games that the injector simply can't manage(like FarCry3 in dx11 mode), and in whole it's great, but these are the little flaws and it would be great if they could be fixed.

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Is it possible to to use RadeonPro and Sweet for Wow64 Bit ? Or battle.net means non of the games like diablo3, If so just write U can't use for all Blizzard games, it's confusing.

20. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Does not work for me and now the game crashes after exiting with the new RP. Does not crash if RP isn't running.

This is for Warlock specifically.

Would it not be easier to try it yourself? :bang:

I use it with Diablo 3 and it works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.