AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 December 2) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I play Farcry3 with CFX. what s your problem exactly? bad scaling? stutter?

Scaling is fine for me but the stutter was a no go. I fixed it with a solution from the farcry3 thread.

I added a line to the gamerprofile.xml located in \Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3. Type MaxFPS="60" Gfx_Maxfps="60" after ShowFPS ="0", save it and set the file to read only.

If stutter is not your problem, post your settings. Do you have anything else enabled in the CCC? maybe edge detect?

2. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Using the same settings as you and the stutter is just UNBEARABLE! I think that because I use a 54in plasma... it kinda makes the stutter feel more intense. I've tried it on a 24in monitor and while the stuttering is there... it doesn't feel as bad as on the plasma.

It's unplayable the way it is though... I can get 100s FPS... but the stuttering never stops.

I specially have issues when I am MILES away from the starting town and look towards it. It's like the town is still being drawn even though I am no where near it.

I've confirmed that's the same case with others, that's one of the causes of the stuttering. Just step back away from the town and check periodically as you look towards it and you will see your fps fluctuate up and down.

Edit: Ok... well... I had not tried the Gfx_Maxfps="60"... so it does help quite a bit. It's still fluctuating up and down, but no where nearly as bad as before. Thanks. It's definitely playable now.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  3. DavidGX

DavidGX Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Fury X
    I'm fine with them taking this long on the new drivers, but goddamnit they better be awesome.

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun

5. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
  6. King4x4

King4x4 Guest

GPU:
    4xSapphire 290x@1200mhz
    So let me get this stright.... This game is an AMD Evolved title game... giving out on all the recent bundles and AMD can't even get an optimized driver in the first two weeks it was released... let alone before it being released and to add insult to injury they release the driver after the game being released by over 2 months?

Yup... this put the last nail in the confin in my long streak of owning AMD cards (Had them since the 4000 series and I always go for crossfire).

Next buy will be definitly a Nvidia one unless something happens drastically.

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I do realize you have completely different hardware than me, but I've had 0 issues with FC3. Ran smoothly, and at an FPS I would call acceptable, if not better then what I expected (around 40-50 on highest at 1600x900 on DX11).

A new driver to further increase FC3's performance isn't something I really drastically require by any means, but it will be nice :)

8. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Far Cry only driver? And this takes that long? Oh boy.. I'll never see my DX9 Issue beeing fixed 100%.

9. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Far Cry 3 is still bugged - especially in DX 9 - VERY annoying laggy cutscenes, movies (4-10fps), but pure gameplay is smooth - dunno why...

In DX 11 there's no such issues - cutscenes, movies are smooth and gameplay is also smooth!

10. montafede

montafede Guest

GPU:
    ati 7970 dual-x
    hello happy new year , do u know some 1 when are there some drivers to download , more or less?

11. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    With Windows 8 pro x64 and AMD Radeon 5850, and this driver ofc, I don't get hardware acceleration with Windows media player 12.0.9200.
    It seem works with MPC-HC x64...

Any advice?

12. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    hmm Hw did you understand that Hardware Acc is not working in WMP 12..??
    Coz, if MPC is showing DXVA enabled then WMP should be using the Hardware Acc...

I m also using Win 8 pro x64... Its fine with me..

EDIT :: If its really causing problem then replace the 'atiumdva.dll' and 'atiumdva.cap' with the 12.10 WHQL . . should work then..

13. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    I verify with gpu-z: if gpu clocks goes up to UVD setting and cpu usage of WMP are high.

14. duderus

duderus Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7690M
    It doesn't support AMD Radeon HD 7690M? Q.Q

15. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Whatever you do, don't play Saint's Row 3. It's another "Evolved" title but runs like **** on anything multi-GPU, including ATI cards. There's a thread that was started OVER A YEAR AGO and it still hasn't seen an update or a patch to fix it since.

Makes you wonder what devs have to do to get that logo on their game.

16. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    not much just bend over and take it like a man probably :banana:

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nope! Haha, jk man ofc it support it...

18. Impaler4

Impaler4 Guest

GPU:
    Xfx black 2gb 5970

19. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    No problem bro. I m glad I could help.

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Uhh game plays great for me on my cards. I even modded the INF for ultra settings.