G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    If i'm going to start with the game again, i will never mod the game again.

It comes with so many problems.

I wish there was a texture/graphics mod pack that requires no copy/paste or any mod manager.

Just a simple installer, like the graphic overhaul mod for Morrowind.

Also i haven't tried modding the game with nexus mod manager, does that fix the game if a mod conflicts with something else?
    And performance issues?

2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Nexus Mod Manager is a good way to install mods and uninstall them without having to worry about screwing your entire installation up, or messing up your saved games. It's a really good tool for anyone to use, but it's even more important if you're new to TeS modding. :)

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Alright i will try that in the morning.

I've heard the shadows run on CPU, does ENB change that into GPU shadows?
    If i improve my shadows in SkyrimPrefs.ini the performance gets horrible.

Sinds my CPU is sh*t, i'm guessing it can't keep up well.

4. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    No it does not. The enb just adds some things to the shadows to make them look nicer. The 4096x4096 (ultra) shadows still don't run that well, no matter your cpu.
    The high shadows (2048x2048) run very well though, and with ENB, they look much better than vanilla ultra shadows.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I thought the high quality shadows were 1024 and then 512 for smaller details and the ultra quality ones used 2048 and 1024 for finer details but maybe it was 2048x1024 for high and 4096x2048 for ultra, I don't remember.
    (The tweaks I use rely on 4096, higher causes such a severe performance hit that it's not worth it though it does make them look quite good even at higher draw distances, which is something I cut down on as it also improves detail, odd system but I guess it's needed for performance to work properly with the shadow system.)

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I saw that Skyrim, Dawnguard and Hearthfire have like 50% reduced price :D Time for me to buy them =]

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Lol, ENB is really buggy... I changed SSAO to false, and changed shadow settings and now i get a tiny window in the upper left corner when i load my savegame.

Turning ENB off turns screen back to fullscreen.

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Does anyone have any solution for the hickups in the open world? It's pretty damn annoying.

I get hickups all the time while traveling, like the game is loading small parts of the game which gives small frequent pauses (And those pauses are just like fraction of a second).

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Sticking it on an SSD cured that for me, but its been months since I played, so maybe there is another issue.

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yes SSD is recommended for skyrim. Helps a lot.

11. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    A Problem in all of Beth's gamebryo based engines/games even after all the patches,tweaks its still there for me as-well although i have found a few ways to lessen it

For myself I found that at 2560x1440 + texture mods i was hitting a Vram wall with my 1.8gb 570 GTX (not a problem you should have with 4GB of Vram) that was causing me some large stutters/pauses i got the Vram under control by modding my mods but i was still getting a few slight hic-ups now and again this Papyrus scripting tweak has helped to removed the Hic-ups i was getting with a lot of NPC's on screen or moving into areas with new NPC's

Add it to your my doc's Skyrim.ini or replace the values already there.

[Papyrus]
    iMinMemoryPageSize=100000
    iMaxMemoryPageSize=5000000
    iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=1800000000

Thanks to Alexander Blade for this tweak :thumbup:

& The mod ATTK Skyrim Power Loader has removed about 98% of the rest

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27959

Worth a look

Hope that helps

Laters
    Gizmo

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Ah, just remembered.
    Another thing I did was set my monitor to 64Hz not 60Hz, to suit the Embryo engine.
    This removed other jerks.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Thanks, will have a go at this later.

I did have ATTK but it did jack for me.

And for the other two commentors, i got a 256GB Crucial M4 with the latest 040H firmware.

I tried that, but my monitor pops up a message the fH is 69.1 kHz blinking in Red :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  14. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I just grabbed ENB Fimbulvinter for Skyrim. Do I need to keep the ENBinjector running in the background for this to work? There were no good installation steps for it on the net so all I did was copy past the ENB injector version to main folder and then the Fimbulvinter. Do I need to disable AA for this work or do I leave that alone? First time using this so help me out here please :D

Edit: I tried the ENB with AA on and it worked. It looks nice and all, but I really don't like the super dark nights. I would like to be able to see things under the moon light. The nights were fine before the ENB. Is there any other ENB that would make the nights brighter?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Unfortunate, some monitors have difficulty.
    If you can try another monitor, you may be able to see if it is a worthy solution.

16. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Go to your enbseries ini and adjust AmbientLightingIntensityNight to your liking.

17. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO

18. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I wish we could get the grass looking that good, like in those pictures a few pages back. It's a custom grass mod a WIP but man, it looks incredible in my opinion.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrim.htm

ENB has been updated to 0.130 which adds EdgeAA support (Controlled via a new variable which is either true or false.) and it also splits the Window Light settings into the Day, Night and Interior values that most other systems in ENB have been converted too.

20. TwoPlusTwo

TwoPlusTwo Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX Titan SLI
    Various mods, this was a nice shot I took while walking around the other day.

[​IMG]