RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Dimensity game

This is the first look. Example, if "use advanced D3D9 forced t-b code path" is off, AA is working, but SweetFX/SweetFX hotkey is not. If "use advanced D3D9 forced t-b code path" is ON, AA is working and SweetFX/SweetFX hotkey is working.

Thanks for information.

Otherwise, shift/ctrl/alt key modifier is not working correctly in hotkeys settings, I wrote this bug few days before.
    Example, toggle SMAA hotkey is "add", and toggle OSD location is shift+"add", then SMAA hotkey is not working. This problem is present with ctrl and alt key modifier too.

In this (now latest) version: v1.1.1.0 2012.12.26, sound notification is not working. I remeber, with older version, sound notification (when start game and game profile is present) is working.

2. bobthemarley

bobthemarley Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 2gb
    Probably because each frame has less details in it on a console game so they had less frames and as a result 30fps was sufficient. But in a newer game, the slides become more detailed so you need a lot more slides to compensate for the better graphics.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Did you tried disabling steam overlay?

I think it depends on game genre, racing and FPS games don't play nice with 30 FPS, whereas 3rd person games like Alan Wake, GTA IV, L.A. Noir and others play fine with 30 FPS.

I just checked Darksiders 2 and it does indeed have AO in its video options. Maybe a patch introduced it? Should I remove AO from RP then?

I forgot about the hotkeys bug, will try to fix it in next build, thanks.

About the "chime" at games startup, it has been removed since 3 or 4 previous installers ago, I forgot to mention it in changelog.

4. bobthemarley

bobthemarley Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 2gb
    Yea I tried that still doesnt work, the thing is that RP works on the game like the FPS counter is on the top left and all the other settings work, but having AO applied doesnt do anything, I can switch it on and off but nothing changes.

5. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Hi!

You choice, but I think the sound is not bad idea. I get message, RP is activated and working. Anyhow, if you want eliminate sound function, then settings/sound notifications tab is unnecessary...

Thanks.

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Do you know if anyone else is having issues? At least 2 users reported it's working, maybe you're forcing some kind of AA or using some compatibility mode in nba 2k13 executable? Also, are you trying single-player or multi-player mode?

The sounds are still available, you just need to configure them: http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Manual/50/Settings-Sound-notifications

The other chime was hard coded since the start of the preview.

7. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Not sure, cause i mean Darksiders 2 (3rd person) stutter like hell with 30fps, it isn´t smooth at all.

I think the same was with Dead Space, not sure, maybe it just was the mouse that stuttered.

But Mario Kart is racing (sure not like normal racing), and it´s smooth like hell when i play on an emulator.

And Japamd, they probably implemented it in a patch, but i can´t say if it´s better or worse then your version.

I don´t really see much if any AO, but maybe i am looking at the wrong places:S

8. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    NNNOOOOOOOO........RP's AO is WAY better than DS2 in-game AO!
    I am using Volumetric AO High with minimal FPS loss...

There is a level at the beginning right after the snow level, lots of light & foliage there and it looks great!

I think there's nothing wrong with implementing AO in games that have it in-game, especially if it is an improvement.

With the exception of very few games (like BF3) the developers seem to use pretty cheap AO as to not bog-down the framerate too much.
    I actually like testing out different methods in RP and comparing it to in-game AO!

By the way, keep up the great work japamd!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  9. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
  10. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Sasquatch, what fps are you having, and what settings/resolution?

PS: Tried the AO ingame with RP, and both work quite different, but i do prefer the ingame one, and if i had the power, i would use that with the RP one probably.

11. Megagoth1702

Megagoth1702 Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 (flashed to 6870)
    So it'S that easy to hack AO into a game? DCS:World maybe? Could I try? oÔ I dont want to break anything.

I also got this epic old game - Second Sight, it is a simple DX9 game and I wonder how I can hack AO into it... It does not work with the method above.

Also:

hbao vs. volumetric ambient occlusion ?? What is the difference?

12. Racetrack

Racetrack Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7970M 2GB
    I have a 6990 and it seems as though Overdrive isn't working properly. I'm not sure whether this is with all Crossfire setups or just dual GPU cards.

I click on a game profile. I'll select adapter 1, change the core/mem clocks, and press apply. I'll then select adapter 2 and the extra profile settings line that was added for adapter 1 gets removed. So I'll change the core/mem clocks for adapter 2 and press apply, and then I'll select adapter 1 and that newly added line gets removed too.

Seems I can only modify the settings for only one of the GPUs on my card, otherwise settings keep getting erased. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Extra weird is that, I'll modify the clocks on say, adapter 1 and then select another game profile. I'll then select adapter 2. I go back to the original profile I changed adapter 1's clocks for, and then when I select adapter 1 for it my settings are all gone. Seems like simply selecting a different GPU on the card is erasing settings for whatever profile you're on, and whatever profile you click thereafter unless you already have it set to whichever GPU you changed the settings for.

TL;DR: Overdrive totally broken on dual GPU cards, potentially all Crossfire setups although I can't confirm that.

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ahh, ok. Let's let the user decide which AO use then.

It can be that easy, but almost impossible in some games like DCS :(

I couldn't test it on dual-GPU cards. What happens if you just set the clocks on first GPU?

BTW, it works fine on CF setup (as mine)

14. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Have anyone played Dungeon Defender?

Cause it got these, Cartoon Shadow effect, and that effect has some serious Aliasing.
    Is there any solution for it?

I tried Multi Sampling and Adaptive, none helped against that, and Super Sample kills my FPS, and don´t think it did much difference either.

15. TheTrain

TheTrain Guest

GPU:
    FXAA and SMAA works very well with DF

16. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    for example darksiders 1, prince of persia 2008. i don't have much time to test, neither to install games because i've formatted a couple of days ago.

sometimes it doesn't works i don't know why, restarting the computer sometimes solves it or just restarting the game.
    for example, i start far cry 3 and none of configs are applied, i can't even monitor fps.

i don't know if it's correct to say that the program does not "attach" sometimes to games

17. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    In-Game i have AA set to High, Shadows set to medium and AO off @ 1920x1200.
    In RadeonPro i have Volumetric AO set to High (HBAO kills my fps, even on low) and the framerate capped to 35fps (AMD has negative CFX scaling with DS2, so running on 1 GPU atm).

18. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Hey japamd, any chance of implementing Temporal AA or Downsampling to RadeonPro?

19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Are you using a joypad emulator called xbox360ce? How do you have configured RP global api monitoring?

Once again, no.

20. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Thanks for the reply, what you gave us with RP is still more than any of us could have asked for, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.