G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Will be doing clean install tomorrow and getting some graphical mods installed! Feel like another adventure!

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    One of these days i'm actually going to get around to finishing this game.

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Just been checking out some of the mods that have been released over on Nexus since i last fired up Skyrim (about 6 month ago after i released v1.0 of my Re-Defined Dungeons textures) there's plenty of cool looking armors and weapon addons & reworking as well as a few new guilds time to have a dig around over the holidays

With FC3 being a total stutting mess ATM i think i'll trade in the tropic's and guns for some ice and snow and a do a sneaky thief/assassin bow play through

anyone got any rec's for Killer must have mods?

4. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Im going to be doing another play through of Skyrim with Mods too, do you have to do a clean install? Can't I just install mods using NMM and start a new game?

5. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    If he did a manual install with some or all mods, a clean install may be the best way to go. If he used NMM for all mods then all he would have to do is uninstall everything he didn't want.

Or perhaps uncheck everything he didn't want to use in the data files.

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    You probably dont need to do clean install :) i just feel like doing it :)

7. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Cheers dude, I wasn't sure, did wanna f things up lol

While I'm here is anyone having problems downloading mods? I'm trying to Download the Enhanced Lights and FX via the Download Manager and it isn't doing anything!?

If I try and download he optional file beneath it that works, not sure why the Main file doesn't work :(

8. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    I've just started my second play through and I'm enjoying it. Went with a Brenton Mage the first time,

Second character is a Nord Warrior, Haven't made up my mind it I prefer one handed with a shield or two handed. Building up heavy armor plus archery.

I have been using a texture pack combiner mod with some of the bigger texture packs

And a companion mod which lets you have multiple sidekicks all with their own horses. Currently traveling with two other Nords (a man & a woman) . I upped the difficulty to balance it slightly.

9. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Do I need to disable the HD textures by Bethesday in order to get the 2k Textures running? What about FXAA? Should I disable that too through the launcher settings? Or it doesn't matter? Thanks

10. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    Disable FXAA (it blurs a lot) and you don't need to disable the HD textures.

11. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    alright, thanks.

12. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    My game stutters when my character moves now and then, but is fine when he is in one place. Never had this happen to me before. I have everything set to ultra with 36 mods lol.. but then again that's not the first time I am doing this. Was fine before.

13. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    My guess is your out of texture memory, if your using the 2K Textures along with a bunch of mods. You could very easily use up all the texture memory for your GTX570.

14. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I google about it as well and some people say that skyrim has a builtin vsync that limits the fps to 60 and when the game (for some god unknown reason) tries to go above that it will stutter. Solution is to install MSI afterburner and limit the fps to 60. A lot of people say it works, but I haven't tried it myself. I will give it a try later.

Edit: I just tried it and it didn't work. My view distance for everything is maxed out by default. Maybe that's the problem? If it is what do you recommend. %50 on all?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  15. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Use MSI Afterburner's On Screen Display to show your GPU Memory usage. In Skyrim I can easily hit 2GB memory usage with the 2K texture packs + a few mods. If your sitting at the maximum ~1200MB usage in game, then your getting stuttering as it has to swap textures in & out of memory as you move around.

If you added some new mods recently, try disabling some of the mods to see if your performance improves.

16. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    This is kind of bs. Even after disabling 2k textures the stutter was happening. This is not my first time running this game on this exact system. First time this stuttering happening. Doing a clean install and see what happens.

17. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Above quote is from a long time ago that I saved.

Also when installing any mods be sure to run BOSS to sort the plugin order.

Current Plugins

[​IMG]

Current Mods

[​IMG]

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Picked up Skyrim again myself, with an ENB this time. But ofc i have to revert back to older drivers cuz ENB doesn't support 310 which has 9% more performance for me...

sigh...

19. RaynerJa

RaynerJa Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ENB works with 310, i am using it.

20. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400
    Just purchased skyrim via steam sales, should I use mods right off the bat or wait a bit to get into the game? (this is the first elder scrolls game for me, also kinda new to this genre) maybe do just graphical mods first. ahhhh

Guess i'll use this site as a reference, this thread is far to big to go through.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/28/the-25-best-skyrim-mods-2/